Share your Secret of Steel!!!

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Share your Secret of Steel!!!

Post by OmenOfSteel »

"Atop the mountain, where the river of Steel flows..."

Come forth, knights of metal, and gather round this oaken table to heed my call!!

I know all of ye are deep into the most obscure STEEL, and everyone of thee, brave warriors one and all, might have a little Secret of Steel guarded well within his dungeon! Here I want to know what is the most uncommon/local/private/obscure METAL record you possess?
I dont want to read WYZARD or DARK KNIGHT or other "common" rarities, instead I long for really overlooked or even totally unknown records that are not yet in the focus of us Metal-Collectors, maybe not highpriced, not sought after, maybe not even good, but still you feel they are special in some way and worth more attention than they got so far!

So enlighten me! Share your Secret!!! Maybe you can even provide a cover-scan and a review that as well can be published on the METALPAGE?

MARCH ON METAL WARRIORS!!!
We praise the blood that metal brings
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I don't have any in my collection, except for the Vampa-single from Sweden, which is very unknown and obscure. Sounds like early Maiden, with swedish vocals. You can download it in the Poisonoise-section. Then I have a swedish 7'' called Flame - No Road to Heaven. Released on Pang records. Heavy metal, with some synth. Straight heavy metal, nothing special really, but I nice single. I give it 3 swords. It's not that unknwon for swedish collectors though.

I don't have any other I think, only those "common" rarities. Hehe.

Do you have any?

\,,/
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I don't share this kind of secrets! Obscure steel for obscure steel is my only offer!

Naaaah, i'm just kidding. I don't think i have something like that on original format. My collection is relatively small, i usually don't keep rare records that i find uninteresting or average. I can't recall something rare+good+unknown right now, i'm quite sure though that something lies under those mountains of CDRs i have burned throughout all these years...

BTW, why don't you share your little secrets w/ us? :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think I mentioned them in another thread, but of the German NINJA - "Invincible" LP is surprisingly great, classic Teutonic Metal. It recently appeared at the Metalpage, but few seem to have noticed it. Any info on the band is welcomed since I'm soon reviewing it. Suggestion on the rarity-grading perhaps?

Malaysian Thrashers CROMOK had a vinyl (of sorts) out in the early 90's that few seems to know about. You'll soon read more about that one :wink:

Does anyone know anything about US band TRIPPLE FORTE and their s/ LP from '83? An unsolved mystery almost a decade old for me.

*puts on thinking-hat...*
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
Does anyone know anything about US band TRIPPLE FORTE and their s/ LP from '83? An unsolved mystery almost a decade old for me.
Have seen it a couple of time on ebay recently. The front cover raised some doubts...I don't know. Is it a pure metal release or the common US HR/HM hybrid? The seller described it as metal, but you never know until you hear it yourself.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Re: Share your Secret of Steel!!!

Post by The Sentinel »

OmenOfSteel wrote:"Atop the mountain, where the river of Steel flows..."
Damn, from which band is this, I can't rember it now, I heard it a million times :oops:

Well, what are "common raries". Some friends of mine who are into Metal never heard of something like Salem's Wych or Heathens Rage (well, they've heard it in my car or my appartment, but are not blown away by it like me and have already forgotten it before the record has ended), but I know what you mean Roman :wink: For now, I think I don't have things in my collection you guys don't know already. Well, actually there is one band I never read or heard something of. Maybe someone else knows:

Tempest Ride
Long Live The Loud !!!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

You mean british Tempest Ride? If you mean, they later turned into Lyadrive.

Another time, another place, is a killer track by Tempest Ride.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Dirty Rocker wrote:You mean british Tempest Ride? If you mean, they later turned into Lyadrive.

Yep, that's the one. I got only that track. Is this one coming from a 7" or LP. If so, how are the other tracks?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The Sentinel wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:You mean british Tempest Ride? If you mean, they later turned into Lyadrive.

Yep, that's the one. I got only that track. Is this one coming from a 7" or LP. If so, how are the other tracks?
They was on a comp LP called "The bridge album" in 1982, with this song called Another time, another place. I don't know anything more than this though. I'm pretty sure they never released anything before they changed name to Lyadrive and released a 7'' record.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I would love to heard the LP by US band EMERALD CITY from '82. Saw a pic of it on another board and it looked incredibly obscure.

Some Swedish stuff:

...and some Malaysian:
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Hmm, I only know Raving Mad. What is that "Boom Shanker Group" LP?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I have 'Renegade-Total Armageddon' & 'Nothing Sacred 'Deathwish' & 'Let Us Prey' albums on LP! I would consider them as pretty obscure 'Aussie' steel???

I saw both bands a handful of times live in the late 80's here in Australia & always considered them fairly obscure. i guess these albums were only released in pressings of 500 or so...?
There was never anyone at their gigs either, just friends of the band and a few bums... but they both KILLLED live!!

There were many other great 'obscure AUSSIE steel' bands such as: BLACK JACK, MANDRAKE GARDEN, INCUBUS (SPECTRAL BIRTH), BOSS, BLACK ALICE, MASS CONFUSION, RAMPAGE, BENGAL TIGERS, VIRGIN SOLDIERS, ARMOURED ANGEL, DEAD ZONE, TARAMIS, ADDICTIVE, PERSECUTION, CAPTAIN TRIPPS (TAHKESIS), MANDRAKE GARDEN, ION DRIVE, LIGHT FORCE etc...
I saw them all many times, in shitty pubs with about 10 people most of the time!

...ahhhh, what I would do to go back in time & really try to appreciate it rather than try to get drunk and pick up girls! :cry:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

That's some fine ass obscurities you have there, DaN. :)

I have been listening to my Flame 7'' a few times lately, and it's a GREAT single I think. I remembered that I didn't like it as much as I do now, when I bought it. It's catchy as hell!! Maybe something for the Poisonoise later...
scoots

Post by scoots »

i guess rarity is a pretty relative term, but i don't know too many people who have heard RAMSES - apocalipsis lp. totally great mexican album from '85, like a mix of priest with a dash of early motorhead. cheap when you can find it (think i paid $16 for mine) but they don't seem to come up for sale too often.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I was browsing through the "popsike" website and came across following items I never ever heard of. Does someone know these records and are they worth tracking down?:

1) Black Water: Knock Down/Power Lights 7" from Switserland (1981);

2) Ransom: s/t EP from the US (198?);

3) The Shore Of Evening from 1985, the cover is VERY promosing, there is
unfortunately no futher information;

4) Sunset: Forgotten Kingdom from the US (1986), GREAT cover and very
promosing

5) Rare Breed: s/t EP from the US (1987)
Long Live The Loud !!!