Costa Rica - any vinyls?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
DaN
Administructor

Costa Rica - any vinyls?

Post by DaN »

Has anyone ever heard of an 80's Metal release from this country? Some long lost & utterly obscure single perhaps? I guess it's unlikely, but I thought it could be worth asking. Nothing came up on M-A though.

I have this bad habit of pestering my friends and acquaintances with want- & shopping lists whenever they're off to more "exotic" parts of the world (I'm sure I'm not the only one) and now a friend at work is going to Costa Rica over the holidays, so here we go again..
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

[Thread split. Discussion about non-Costan Rican metal continues in Exotic Metal: Bands & Releases thread/Mod.]
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
peterott

Post by peterott »

Traced back the lists of Metaleros, and didn't find a Costa Rica vinyl since 2002 (my first mail I got).

However, the 2nd last Pseudostratiffied Epithelium CD (Into The Flames) is pure Sarcofago worship and their last one (Dolonia) is absolutely interesting.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Since the idiots on MA don't accept bands that only appeared on Compilations, they can't feature Costa Rica bands of the 80's. I've an obscure Compilation LP called "Todo El Rock" from 1987 which features 2 Metal bands (Armagedon - 1 track, Distorsion - 2 trax) and 1 AOR/Rock band (Igni Ferroque - 2 trax). The rest is R'n'R, Soul/Funk etc crap. Except of my own copy I've never seen any other copy yet.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Can you post more details about this compilation?

Because I know there is a double CD compilation called "20 años de rock nacional" featuring 2 Igni Ferroque songs, 1 for Distorsion, 1 for Armagedon and also 1 for Amalgama.

Igni Ferroque was the first hard rock band from Cost Rica, formed in 1978.
Their band members founded Morgue and Amalgama in 1981 - the first real heavy metal bands from the country

I wonder if this compilation CD is a re-press of this otherwise unknown compilation that you have

Edit: I found on internet a compilation from Costa Rica called "A todo rock" (1988) with 2 songs of Distorsion and 2 of Igni Ferroque. Unfortunately there is no trace of Armagedon whose only song known and spreaded is the one you own. This compilation is pretty known (I had it on mp3 since a long time) but the title, release year and the track list does not fit exactly the one you have. Small differences but it would be nice to post a tracklist and a scan of your compilation
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Title: Todo El Rock
Label: Embassy
Year: 1987

Tracklist:
Distorsion: Toso es su Lugar
Igni Ferroque: San Lucas
U-Manos: Todo as asi
Café con Leche: Mama Y Papa
Armagedon: Nunca Te Vuelvas Atras

Shenuk: Las Ultimas Y Mas Viejas Noticias
Mario Maisonnave: Esta Situacion
Igni Ferroque: La Radio
U-Manos: Suenos de Rock & Roll
Distorsion: Perdido

The Igni Ferroque trax are barely AOR, like the typical poppy Radio stuff of the 80's. Hard Rock definitely isn't the right term. But it isn't Pop music either. I think AOR fits the best.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

thank you

It seems the compilation CD called "A todo rock" features only some songs of the original Lp...the 2 Distorsion and Igni Ferroque songs fortunately are on it

The missing songs should be on the double CD restrospective "20 anos de rock nacional" (where there is another early hard rock/metal band, Amalgama)....

so, in any case all these compilation recycle always the same song, fortunately...

It seems these are the only 2 Igni Ferroque songs ever recorded....in a 20+ years career....it's not bad but, yes, it's very light pop rock/aor

thank you for the info!
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Does anyone have more songs of Armagedon? The track from that compilation is really great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMFM-dM5NA