Monolith's Tales of the Macabre LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

nosliw wrote:As soon as the album arrives, I can make some recordings of the album to the computer. If anyone is interested in that proposition, let me know.
That'd be great. Ta in advance!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

I just got the LP last night. Has some scratches on the LP... DOH! There's some interesting etches on the dead wax. I'll post more information and record the album into my computer once I find the time.
immortalicide

Post by immortalicide »

The LP was only released on test pressing, and the final pressing was never released. I am unsure why as i have a copy and it is a great LP. The album features Nick Barker on drums. They did release a 7'' on cacophonous records too. By the way, it wasnt a headache label release, but on a british label called Vinyl Solution, same label the first Bolt Thrower, Cancer and Cerebral Fix LPs were released on.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Perhaps Vinyl Solution wasn't able financially to release the LP? Didn't that label fold in the early 90's?
Btw. wasn't Headache a Bootleg label only? All records that I have of them are Live LP's and I doubt that the bands gave their ok for that since at that time those bands had a contract with bigger labels and I can't imagine they were ok with that terrible sound on these live records.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Prowler wrote:Perhaps Vinyl Solution wasn't able financially to release the LP? Didn't that label fold in the early 90's?
Yeah. The Vinyl Solution shop in London became Intoxica, & that closed down last year.
Btw. wasn't Headache a Bootleg label only?
Yeah, the Luxembourg label. Not heard of a Headache boot of this album before.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
magikart

Re:

Post by magikart »

peterott wrote:
By the way, it was already bootlegged by Eternal Darkness Rec./USA some years ago on CDR.
Anybody have this CDr from Eternal Darkness Records?