Russian Vinyl Collectors

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
bigfootkit

Re: Russian Vinyl Collectors

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:06 am How does one discover something like this? There is absolutely zero (0) chance that anyone would have taken this one for a HM release merely by looking at the sleeve or the artist name.
My hunch is that someone with a liking for Southern Rock and Metal maybe hoped for the former (it's just totally got that look as unlikely as Soviet Southen Boogie might seem), but they got the latter & then got the word out. I was immediately reminded of the group shot on this cover when i saw the mob on the Stayer cover, but almost any 70s/early 80s Southern LP's back cover yields very similar visual results.

I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

DaN wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:06 am Just curious: How does one discover something like this? There is absolutely zero (0) chance that anyone would have taken this one for a HM release merely by looking at the sleeve or the artist name.
Well. In my case , before Christmas time I visited 4 record stores in Lithuanian capital Vilnius and always asked stores staff if the have any Russian / CCCP vinyls for sale ( Still hoping to find original ASPID and maybe LADY PROWLER or ASPARENZ , because right now here lot's of War refuges from Ukraine and also lots of russian emigrants) and the answer almost always is : Yes we have AVGUST, KRUIZ,ARIA, JOKER , GALAKTIKA , MAGNIT , CHERNIJ COFFE ... Usual shit , but in this case one of Record Store owners ( He's russian btw by nationality ) said : I have one 7" no one wants and cares about ,and you might be interested and must check this out. When I saw cover when he gave me this 7" I tought it will be some kind of weird Prog with some fuzz guitar , but I was fucking wrong !!!! This one cost me 4.99 Euros ( NM copy). And then I Googled some info about this 7" and latter on posted on Corroseum for the the rest of public ;)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

lunaboy wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:06 pm Well. In my case , before Christmas time I visited 4 record stores in Lithuanian capital Vilnius and always asked stores staff if the have any Russian / CCCP vinyls for sale ( Still hoping to find original ASPID and maybe LADY PROWLER or ASPARENZ , because right now here lot's of War refuges from Ukraine and also lots of russian emigrants) and the answer almost always is : Yes we have AVGUST, KRUIZ,ARIA, JOKER , GALAKTIKA , MAGNIT , CHERNIJ COFFE ... Usual shit , but in this case one of Record Store owners ( He's russian btw by nationality ) said : I have one 7" no one wants and cares about ,and you might be interested and must check this out. When I saw cover when he gave me this 7" I tought it will be some kind of weird Prog with some fuzz guitar , but I was fucking wrong !!!! This one cost me 4.99 Euros ( NM copy). And then I Googled some info about this 7" and latter on posted on Corroseum for the the rest of public ;)
Cool story lunaboy. Nice to know that some finds are still made out there 'in the wild' (and at a very reasonable price too) & that helpful record store clerks still exist. It's been quite some time since i stumbled upon either.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

anatolij-alesin-and-stayer-pomni-kto-ty-front.jpg
anatolij-alesin-and-stayer-pomni-kto-ty-front.jpg (194.04 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
Sorry for not getting to it earlier, but here's my own rip of this little gem:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Do enjoy and do support the Ukrainian sellers still(?) selling it at Discogs.

...and creds once again to lunaboy for digging this up - an honorary Corroseum shovel to you!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Ukraine's Titanik is one of the most bizarre sounding heavy metal bands I have ever heard:

Opinions?
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Just saw this. A Russian label is doing some Magnit reissues on cds too. New cover arts sucks. On bandcamp there are bonus tracks. Check a bit VKontakt, so they are done in Andery Melik's studio, he was a keyboard player in Magnit.
The labels bandcamp have also albums from Orden, Galactica, Jenskaya Bolest etc so probably reissues are in making too?
https://gsproduction.bandcamp.com/album/--7
NWN is going to release Varvar LP, also somebody mention that Credo and Magnit LPs are also coming up...
Eventually buying from Russia is gonna be a problem.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

VARVAR rereleased, this is really good and incredible news.

And While VARVAR and MAGNIT are getting rereleased, SLAYER lps are being bootlegged. World is trully unhinged.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

I am going to recieve from those Magnit Credo and Varvar cd reissues. If somebody is intersted please send me a PM. Shipping from Turkey. It seems that shipping form Russia is out of question for some time. The dude behing GS Prod will be in Istanbul in end of September.
DMR

Post by DMR »

They made some questionable decisions with those Magnit/Credo reissues. In addition to the cover art as bastard priest mentioned, there are some significant changes to the tracklistings. For example, what was the final track on Paying for Everything is now track #2. One song was removed and added to Dies Irae. I don't think any of these changes are for the better, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully a US distro will get copies. Nuclear War Now, maybe?
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Have a small chat with the label owner when he visit me at my bar 2 weeks ago to bring me the cds. Eventually his English is bad and my Russian is also not that good. What can understand is that Magnit members wanted the Credo album be released as Magnit, so maybe they also made the track list too?
Varvar cd has a different cover, and according to the guy this was suppossed to be but wasn't approved by Melodia then.
All in all it seems that some compromises were made. Or the research work was not done well.