Highest valued US METAL releases

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Glockose

Highest valued US METAL releases

Post by Glockose »

This doesn't mean these are the RAREST
Just the highest money getters

(All 4 figures these days)
Militia
Graven Image
Iron Cross(FL)
Liquid Earth

(over 500...)

???

please add on
humus

Post by humus »

Paradoxx too probably? I'm not that much into US metal so I don't know...
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

humus wrote:Paradoxx too probably? I'm not that much into US metal so I don't know...
YES I forgot that one thank you
hload

Post by hload »

glockose wrote:
humus wrote:Paradoxx too probably? I'm not that much into US metal so I don't know...
it depends if it's the test pressing?
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

hload wrote:
glockose wrote:
it depends if it's the test pressing?
Please explain
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Leather Nunn
Wyzard
Slauter Xstroyes
Solar Eagle
The Mezmerist, probably over 500
I don't know about Street Child though...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GJ

Post by GJ »

Gulp! 4 figure in what currency?

Anyhow I'd guess it makes my purchase of the Graven Image 12" at FarOut Records in Uppsala, Sweden some 11 or 12 years ago for 40 skr (about 4 EURO) a quite good one then...

What about Carnage (US) - S/T which is my by far most expensive buy ever (1500 skr - before there was a house, wife, car or any children... or a proper job for that matter)?

Sorry for introducing myself to this forum talking money... I´d better go to the Who are you?-thread for some proper introducing soon.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote: Sorry for introducing myself to this forum talking money... I´d better go to the Who are you?-thread for some proper introducing soon.
Not a big deal man, since you didn't start immediately asking for rare mp3s and stuff, everything's OK. Nice purchase you made with that Graven Image 12" 8)

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Solar eagle are canadian, not US, but yeah I assume it's way up there now.

4-figures in US$

Based on ebay auctions and popsike...

Crowhaven (if you consider it metal) is $350-500 and Hammeron is what, $500-600? Blue vinyl 'Sirens' once hit $750 but that may have been a fluke.

I don't know how much Amethyst or Dark Knight go for. Apparently Salems Wych is getting into the $250-$300 range lately.

Nothing else comes to mind for the 4-figure mark., paradooxx = $1500-1800, yellow avatar = $1500, graven image and leather nunn = $1200, Militia = $3000+, the others I'm not familiar with/have no sales data (I didn't check popsike for those, so there may be some figures listed for Iron cross or Liquid Earth).

Is that the iron Cross LP currently on ebay and in the 'insane ebay auctionss' thread? Any relation to the Iron Cross album from OPM Records?
Last edited by nightsblood on Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

nightsblood wrote:
Is that the iron Cross LP currently on ebay and in the 'insane ebay auctionss' thread? Any relation to the Iron Cross album from OPM Records?
It's the same band.

Glockose

Post by Glockose »

nightsblood wrote:Is that the iron Cross LP currently on ebay and in the 'insane ebay auctionss' thread? Any relation to the Iron Cross album from OPM Records?
The one on ebay is the original

The OPM release was a 2 lp set that contand that LP plus all the unreleased tracks, Came in a gatefold cover with inserts and a bumper stick
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

thanks for the info (Ion, I saw your reply in the Insane Auctions thread too... thanks again!).
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

How much would you have to cough up for the original LEGEND - Fröm The Fjörds nowdays? (If I got to pick just one top-dollar LP for free, I'd pick that one)

Have albums like EMERALD CITY or WHEELZ OF STEEL ever been offered for sale? Too unknown to reach the $$$$-mark perhaps?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

How much is Savatage - Sirens on blue vinyl from PAR Rec. worth these days?
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

DaN wrote:How much would you have to cough up for the original LEGEND - Fröm The Fjörds nowdays? (If I got to pick just one top-dollar LP for free, I'd pick that one)

Have albums like EMERALD CITY or WHEELZ OF STEEL ever been offered for sale? Too unknown to reach the $$$$-mark perhaps?
LEGEND - Fröm The Fjörds - Back in the day I sold a SS copy for 1000 but I don't think you could get that today. The last clean copy I saw went around 500

EMERALD CITY or WHEELZ OF STEEL, WITCH-SALAMS RISE Yes they are toooo unknown for a real price at this point. I have a few others that Rob P. saw this last summer at my house that would fall into the same thing. Great/Rare toooooo unknown to comand $$$ on the open market