100 or less pressed from the 80's

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Astra Wally

Re: 100 or less pressed from the 80's

Post by Astra Wally »

Don't know about the number of copies but it has to be extremely limited:

BUSTED (Bel) both 7"s
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Not sure if mentioned here yet but:

Hades (spa) LP Released in two versions on LP, 9 copies pressed/each apparently.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Decibel_Rebel wrote:
Bloody Climax - Back to the Wall -> dunno how many copies, but I've never seen one for sale yet
500 according to a bandmember.
But that doesn't change the statement of OoS as I'm in the "business" since 20 years and haven't seen a single Bloody Climax copy yet either.

As for Happl, not sure if 2 copies are real as even testpressings are being manufactured in 5 copies at least.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Not sure if mentioned here yet but:

Hades (spa) LP Released in two versions on LP, 9 copies pressed/each apparently.
Doubt that, as I know someone who bought the LP in a music shop in Spain.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

OmenOfSteel wrote:Happl (AUT) - Never Gonna Stop LP -> 2 copies
Thynn Ice - Testpress only -> ? copies
Double Deuce (SWE) - Soldier In The Sun -> ? copies
Aren't they from the 90's?
Another early 90's micro pressing is the Salient - Tricks of the trade red vinyl 7". Only exists as testpressing. No idea how many they made but would be surprised if it are more than 50 copies. Prohably 20 I think, according to the few guys who own a copy ...
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

A bit on a side note, but does anyone know why this band still has not been added to Metal Archives? They did release an album, it can be proved allright, so what's the matter?
runningwild

Post by runningwild »

Hades, made two versions of the same album, before removing for sale, but with a different singer, and vinyl cover only changes the picture of the singer.
Neither version was released because the producer went bankrupt.
The copies that exist are just copies the group stayed. Between 10 and 15 copies.
Of which only i know 4. One that has a member of the group.Which has a German collector, another copy of a Belgian collector, and mine.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Herkus Monte wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Hades (spa) LP Released in two versions on LP, 9 copies pressed/each apparently.
A bit on a side note, but does anyone know why this band still has not been added to Metal Archives? They did release an album, it can be proved allright, so what's the matter?
Its unavailability is the most likely reason. Seems there was no actual release, just copies pressed before the release was shelved. Most recent posts on MA I could find on the subject: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... 9#p2447249

Thanks for the further explanation, runningwild!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

That makes it a bit more clear, thank you. On the other hand, Thynn Ice (and probably some others too) was released only as a test pressing, never to be available for sale. Does it make a difference then?
Ernest Thesiger

Herkus Monte wrote:Thynn Ice (and probably some others too) was released only as a test pressing, never to be available for sale. Does it make a difference then?
Does look as if that one falls short. I'll enquire in the MA forum about that one.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Shyzgifter - Edit It Out 7'' 100 copies pressed according to band member.
Obliveion - People-People-People 7'' 1000 pressed, but only around 75 made it out according to a band member. Don't know what happened to the rest.

What about the Crisis - Keep Fighting 7''? According to Metal Archives (and other sources) the band members were unhappy with the sound and gave a few copies to friends and people on their mailing list. Not sure how many though, the info on MA used to say "around 25 copies", now it says "a few hundred" (after around 10 copies were discovered) but that might be an over estimate. It used to sell for $400 - $600 in the past so I'm guessing it was a very limited amount.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Herkus Monte wrote:

Furthermore MA is world of its own. You can add bands there that obviously aren't Metal (incl. Ambient bands that don't even feature a single guitar and drum) and then Metal bands that obviously are Metal don't get accepted because 1 of the 2 tracks on their only single was a ballad while the other was classic Metal and such jokes. I myself got bands thru in the archives that I did even had my doubts they'd ever make it and then with bands that I thought there's no single doubt they got rejected.
I remember once they rejected a band just because the title of the release was "Hard Rock" while the band was playing classic Metal with even hints of Power Metal ... so what's more to say?
Ernest Thesiger

Prowler wrote:You can add bands there that obviously aren't Metal (incl. Ambient bands that don't even feature a single guitar and drum)
That's usually only certain side projects from well-known metal musos. Anything that doesn't seem metal enough can be reported on the forum, of course. There's still anomalous stuff on MA that irks me, e.g. Cradle of Filth's first drummer being listed as the original vocalist of Anathema for so long - changed now, but still the wrong name!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Prowler wrote:You can add bands there that obviously aren't Metal (incl. Ambient bands that don't even feature a single guitar and drum)
That's usually only certain side projects from well-known metal musos. Anything that doesn't seem metal enough can be reported on the forum, of course. There's still anomalous stuff on MA that irks me, e.g. Cradle of Filth's first drummer being listed as the original vocalist of Anathema for so long - changed now, but still the wrong name!
But just (crystal) logically seen, why can you easily add non Metal crap of mysterious side projects of Metal musicians while real Metal bands get rejected? And they are really crude in this matter! But adding non Metal stuff of famous musicians is legal?
That doesn't make sense to me sorry ... years ago I've reported a ton of that crap but it doesn't interests nobody.
Ernest Thesiger

Prowler wrote:why can you easily add non Metal crap of mysterious side projects of Metal musicians while real Metal bands get rejected?
Not as easy now. They don't seem to have been bothering with many new side project suggestions recently. I understand how frustrating it is to get submissions accepted.