Cool reissues

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Kraignoss666

Cool reissues

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Don’t know if there are still much people who care about those, but lately, I’ve seen several killer reissues:
- Rose Bayonet LP (copies are still available from the label)
- Slauter Xstroyes « Winter kill » reissue coming on Cult Metal Classics
- Mistreater « Hell’s fire » reissue pre-order available now on the great great On the Dole records label
Such thing happening during those strange times make me happy :)
Metal Knight

Re: Cool reissues

Post by Metal Knight »

Also see Paradoxx Plan of Attak on No Remorse
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Great thread idea! Following to keep an eye on things. I'll be sure to contribute as I hear of anything.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Kraignoss666 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:59 pm - Mistreater « Hell’s fire » reissue pre-order available now on the great great On the Dole records label
Grabbed!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Metal Knight wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:09 pm Also see Paradoxx Plan of Attak on No Remorse
I’ve never been after an original copy as the price is in my opinion too high for the quality of the record, but a reissue would probably be a great option.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Well, official re-issues are a nice thing, but I seriously wonder who's the damn bootlegger who's responsible for the recent flood of US Metal EP/LP bootlegs that turned up on Ebay during the past months. Seller is always from Greece. Sooner or later we can't buy any of the original records anymore because some day you buy one of the bootlegs by wrong description or re-sellers who don't even know it are bootlegs. And then there's big trouble pre-programmed ... very annoying atm ... :evil:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Prowler wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:30 pm Well, official re-issues are a nice thing, but I seriously wonder who's the damn bootlegger who's responsible for the recent flood of US Metal EP/LP bootlegs that turned up on Ebay during the past months. Seller is always from Greece. Sooner or later we can't buy any of the original records anymore because some day you buy one of the bootlegs by wrong description or re-sellers who don't even know it are bootlegs. And then there's big trouble pre-programmed ... very annoying atm ... :evil:
Do you have more info on this?? Which records, etc? I haven't noticed any lately that I can remember, are they identical bootlegs or what?
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Kraignoss666 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:55 pm
Metal Knight wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:09 pm Also see Paradoxx Plan of Attak on No Remorse
I’ve never been after an original copy as the price is in my opinion too high for the quality of the record, but a reissue would probably be a great option.
Better act quick, there was a box (120 copies) , a red version (200 copies) , black version (unknown quantity)and cd... last I saw the box and red version were both sold out already, in about a day. Probably plenty will be available on eBay and discogs, but at 5x the price :roll:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Splattered Records continue to put out some great blink-and-you'll-miss-'em re-releases of stuff like Ricochet, Reincarnate, Satan, Centurion, Mothers Of Track, Dealer & Paul Chain.
https://www.splatteredrecords.com
And i see that On The Dole have recently re-released the '79 Axxe (pre Impeccable) 45 on green vinyl with pic sleeve. Just 63 copies left, so you best be quick if you need it.
https://jobcentrerejects.bandcamp.com/a ... -the-night
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Yep, Spattered records is also a great label. There was a bit of deception with their Blitzkrieg 7 inch reissue (my copy had side A pressed off center, so that adds some kind of flanger on it...), but I’m completely pleased with the other stuff I got from them (Nerves, Mothers of Track, Satan...). And the guy behind the label really seems to be a great guy (replies fast and super friendly). His most metal releases are sometimes distributed through High Roller, but better act fast everytime, as there ain’t much copies...
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Prowler wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:30 pm Well, official re-issues are a nice thing, but I seriously wonder who's the damn bootlegger who's responsible for the recent flood of US Metal EP/LP bootlegs that turned up on Ebay during the past months. Seller is always from Greece. Sooner or later we can't buy any of the original records anymore because some day you buy one of the bootlegs by wrong description or re-sellers who don't even know it are bootlegs. And then there's big trouble pre-programmed ... very annoying atm ... :evil:
And we sure wanna talk about official reissues who pay true attention to the original material, and pay attention (and royalties) to the bands behind.
Metal Knight

Post by Metal Knight »

Very soon you will see another nices reissue on Cult Metal : Militia 'Sybling'
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Metal Knight wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:43 am Very soon you will see another nices reissue on Cult Metal : Militia 'Sybling'
It is, indeed!
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Pfft...this is The Corroseum - original presses only - reissues are for posers not tRoO Heavy Metal Hunters... :lol:
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Well, I can 100% agree, but I sometimes feel the Corroseum golden age is a bit behind. I’m only here since 2 years, and when I look back to old topics (where I get all the great infos about obscure records), seems like the times have a bit changed. I’ve started collecting lately, and much of the stuff is pricey, so reissues can also be a Trve option to experience all those killer records we all love so much... When collecting begins to be too expensive but you need the music so much, then I think it’s cool to have a great reissue available somewhere around.