Records mixed from different pressings..

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
mordred

Records mixed from different pressings..

Post by mordred »

Since the original mystery is solved, let's rename the whole thread../aDmiN

Anyone has, or has seen an original Noise 1992 Kreator "Renewal" LP with an insert that looks like the one in the photo of this auction? I always thought it came with a plain white inner and nothing else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KREATOR-origin ... c50f9vdvzk
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
doomedplanet

Re: Kreator - Renewal LP Noise 1992 with insert?

Post by doomedplanet »

My copy does not have one and I bought it back when it was released. Not sure why I bought it since it sure isn't any good. Just liked Kreator and didn't know what I was getting :(
faetze

Post by faetze »

Looks like the lyric sheet that came with the Brazilian pressing (although on offer is clearly the German Noise pressing).

Check the fifth picture of this entry here: https://www.discogs.com/de/Kreator-Rene ... se/1848724

Most likely a former owner thought it nice to have a lyric sheet with the German pressing, not wasting a single thought about the nightmares he would cause to us poor collector nerds...
mordred

Post by mordred »

faetze wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm Looks like the lyric sheet that came with the Brazilian pressing (although on offer is clearly the German Noise pressing).

Check the fifth picture of this entry here: https://www.discogs.com/de/Kreator-Rene ... se/1848724

Most likely a former owner thought it nice to have a lyric sheet with the German pressing, not wasting a single thought about the nightmares he would cause to us poor collector nerds...
Good investigation! That indeed looks like the same lyric sheet, so your theory seems very likely!
Kraignoss666

The records I’ve mixed from different pressings..

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Hey, that could be a topic in itself: the records I’ve mixed from different pressings. I can start with that Vuclano « Bloody vengeance » LP: kept the record from the uk reissue (cause it sounds way better), and put it on a Brazilian press sleeve and inner (cause the uk cover sucks).
Anyone else with such strange experiences???
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Kraignoss666 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:26 am kept the record from the uk reissue (cause it sounds way better), and put it on a Brazilian press sleeve and inner (cause the uk cover sucks).
HERETIC!!! :lol:
...though I somewhat wish I'd have the nerve to do the same. Many years ago I had both versions in my collection, was about to sell one of them and finally settled on keeping the UK-version coz it does indeed sound a whole lot better. Today I'd kept both of course...
mordred

Re: Records mixed from different pressings..

Post by mordred »

Not so outrageous, but I did have a badly scratched Saxon "Rock the Nations" LP, French pressing. At one point I found a mint copy, US pressing, while crate digging and bought it. I threw away my old copy, but kept the inner sleeve as the US edition doesn't have one.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

DaN wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 am
Kraignoss666 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:26 am kept the record from the uk reissue (cause it sounds way better), and put it on a Brazilian press sleeve and inner (cause the uk cover sucks).
HERETIC!!! :lol:
...though I somewhat wish I'd have the nerve to do the same. Many years ago I had both versions in my collection, was about to sell one of them and finally settled on keeping the UK-version coz it does indeed sound a whole lot better. Today I'd kept both of course...
Well, what I must confess is that I got the euro version without the inner, and the sleeve was in poor shape... Got the opportunity to get a brazilian pressing which had a cover and inner in great shape, but the record was a bit warped. I joined the bad cover with the warped LP, sold it for nothing and made a new friend along the way, so my integrity stays (almost...) untouched!
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

But we need more unforgivable stories :mrgreen:
Metal Knight

Post by Metal Knight »

I recently do something like this.
I have since years the Kiss of Steel LP from Steel Angel, but only the record... i bought somes copies of the Cult Metal reissue and ask for a free cover, i got it yesterday and with a printed innersleeve. But i do this only in waiting if i can find one day the original cover in vg+ min :D