Vintage metal and punk fashions

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
mustardgasattack

Vintage metal and punk fashions

Post by mustardgasattack »

I’m not sure if this belongs here or in Land of Mystery but is anyone on here into collecting/decorating vintage leather jackets and denim jackets/vests? Wouldn’t mind seeing what kind of cool stuff you guys have hanging in your closets. I started buying old leathers and boots and mending my torn jeans by hand and adorning things with studs, patches, painted on logos etc in high school and I just turned 35 and can’t “grow up” and stop it’s in my blood at this point. Anyway let’s see what some of you have! Trying to get inspired to take on some Covid projects.
bigfootkit

Re: Vintage metal and punk fashions

Post by bigfootkit »

There's a thread somewhere on the HMR forum where a few of us were reminiscing about ye olde metal 'fashions' & some folks did share pix of their be-studded, badged up & patched denim cut-offs. Unfortunately most seemed to be new works in progress rather than vintage.
I flatly refuse to call them 'battle jackets', they'll always be 'cut-offs' or 'cuts' to me.
Bloody kids with their new fangled jargon...(mutter mutter)
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Remember people saying "Battle Jackets" back in the 80's.....was usually if they were old army or army style jackets instead of denim....I've always just called them Metal jackets/vests or patch jackets/vests ...
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

This ones more punk oriented, but it’s a vintage leather I got on the cheap that’s apparently from the early 70s and I added a bit to it. I think it might actually be the same style of jacket Bruce wears in the Iron Maiden “Aces High” video.
5575C72D-8965-4F63-94C7-CDE215F9A987.jpeg
5575C72D-8965-4F63-94C7-CDE215F9A987.jpeg (1001.46 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
5669BEF2-7C5E-4B05-832D-028A0FBCB9BC.jpeg
5669BEF2-7C5E-4B05-832D-028A0FBCB9BC.jpeg (906.43 KiB) Viewed 5754 times
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Nicely done! It certainly evokes the era that those bands (and the jacket) came from.
I used to knock around with a lot of punks back in the mid-80s & this could easily have come from any of their wardrobes at that time. Not that any of them owned anything as bourgeoise as a wardrobe of course... :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

always used to think that “build your weapons” by voivod was a call to put spikes into leather and sew patches onto denim. It’s been ages since I read the lyrics tho so maybe I was off base!