Headstone - Burning ambition

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Headstone - Burning ambition

Post by Prowler »

Seriously, does this "self released vinyl" edition of "Burning ambition" exist?
Does anyone have seen a copy with own eyes yet? Why this wasn't known before the CD re-release?
And why the guys went to the Unit Art Studio to let their "Excalibur" vinyls press by the Unit Art label which was only pressing vinyls by the bands order, if they already pressed a vinyl earlier by themselves?
There is not even a single entry in the Popsike database. So this vinyl was never sold at ebay, or in case it was, everyone of the record collectors worldwide has missed the auction. :wink:
Last edited by Prowler on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Re: Headstone - Burning ambition

Post by Warepire »

All the "photos" of it, appears to be the same image (largest resolution available that I found was on Discogs), and it looks to be scanned in one piece, based on the shadows about the size of a CD booklet.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

The thing that makes the whole story even worse are the "reviews" of the online magazines who just repeat that "vinyl story", whoever created it. It would be good to contact Stefan of Karthago Records, to finally correct some things in this case. Everyone just repeats one hoax he heard somewhere I guess...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Bigfoot.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ok guys, you better hold on your panties tight now, according to the label info that "Burning ambition" album was indeed available on vinyl. But they couldn't tell how many had been pressed and neither could show me pictures of the labels etc. but they clearly stated that this LP exists. :shock:
I'm shocked now I have to confess ... nothing but shocked! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It would be interesting to see pictures of that LP nevertheless, so if anyone owns a copy, feel free pls. I can't imagine we are all have been THAT blind during the past 30 years and never recognized this vinyl exist. :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Bigfoot indeed...
First time I heard about this record was from Stefan Riermaier at a KIT Metal Market ages ago, years before the Carthago reissue. It sounded convincing at the time and I think I followed up with asking if this was a test-pressing only release (at least that's my standard follow-up question in these cases..) and no, it was a proper release. I think he was lying. Don't know why though... It could either be a prank, or maybe a way to stir up some hype for a planned future CD release.

That title and logo is definitely computer-made, so at least we know the artwork is not original.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Surely the big time collectors who used to hang out here knows something about it. Too bad they all left ages ago...
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

PureSteel.jpg
PureSteel.jpg (18.53 KiB) Viewed 8080 times
Thats the complete answer from the Pure Steel office. The cover of the LP should be the same like on the CD re-edition. If Stefan Riermaier is Stefan72 on Musiksammler, then he doesn't own this record either. Seriously despite we have to trust their confirmation for the moment, but if it would be I who had this record I'd show it around and post pics at any minute. :wink: :twisted:
So in case there is really someone who owns a copy, this guy must have a really cool self restraint. 8)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

mordred wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:38 amBigfoot.
You called me?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
mordred

Post by mordred »

bigfootkit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am
You called me?
I’m not sure wether that phrase is something one really wants to hear or something one really doesn’t want to hear after calling out for Bigfoot.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

mordred wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am
You called me?
I’m not sure wether that phrase is something one really wants to hear or something one really doesn’t want to hear after calling out for Bigfoot.
:D
Neither ideally.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
C.monedula

Post by C.monedula »

I just found this post here, I tried to find out about it as well and contacted the band a while ago, this was the answer from the drummer:

"I hope I can help you a little further with your question. As with the LP “Excalibur”, the “Burning Ambition” was a small edition. I don't even know if this LP was even sold professionally.
The fact is: there was an LP. With the release of the CD version from 2013, all songs of the original cast from 1982/83 were combined, as the original tapes were all still usable. The production company wrote to us at the time that this new edition had also been produced in vinyl"

But still no pictures, I wonder if it will ever show up. The only visible person on discogs that claims to own it never answered to the question if he could show some pictures of it.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

C.monedula wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:38 pm I just found this post here, I tried to find out about it as well and contacted the band a while ago, this was the answer from the drummer:

"I hope I can help you a little further with your question. As with the LP “Excalibur”, the “Burning Ambition” was a small edition. I don't even know if this LP was even sold professionally.
The fact is: there was an LP. With the release of the CD version from 2013, all songs of the original cast from 1982/83 were combined, as the original tapes were all still usable. The production company wrote to us at the time that this new edition had also been produced in vinyl"

But still no pictures, I wonder if it will ever show up. The only visible person on discogs that claims to own it never answered to the question if he could show some pictures of it.
Thanx a lot for sharing your correspondance, it is really appreaciated but to be honest... I'm calling bs (on the drummer's part - not C.m). NO-ONE boasting about owning this supposed Top-Rarity 40 years later is simply impossible. Die-hard collectors just aren't wired that way. To quote a dead meme: pics or it didn't happen!
mordred

Post by mordred »

I found it hard enough to decipher that quote from the drummer. It’s not clear to me if he’s talking of an actual 1980’s vinyl LP or a cancelled vinyl version of the 2013 reissue. Maybe it’s all the same to him.
C.monedula

Post by C.monedula »

Yes, I get your doubts, I'm also not completely convinced even if I don't think that he is lying. Maybe he remembers it wrong, which wouldn't be very strange after all those years. However, I'm not totally giving up yet even if it doesn't look good. But if it really existed on vinyl I cannot imagine that it was more than a few test presses.

I'm in contact with the drummer again and I also wrote this guy on discogs again. Since he's active with selling stuff there he should see my message and I made clear that I don't want to convince him to sell it, I just want a proof. If he does not answer this time either I'm at least sure that he's not owning it for real.

You hear from me if there are any news!