Headstone - Burning ambition

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Headstone - Burning ambition

Post#1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:52 pm

Seriously, does this "self released vinyl" edition of "Burning ambition" exist?
Does anyone have seen a copy with own eyes yet? Why this wasn't known before the CD re-release?
And why the guys went to the Unit Art Studio to let their "Excalibur" vinyls press by the Unit Art label which was only pressing vinyls by the bands order, if they already pressed a vinyl earlier by themselves?
There is not even a single entry in the Popsike database. So this vinyl was never sold at ebay, or in case it was, everyone of the record collectors worldwide has missed the auction. :wink:
Last edited by Prowler on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

Warepire

Re: Headstone - Burning ambition

Post#2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:25 pm

All the "photos" of it, appears to be the same image (largest resolution available that I found was on Discogs), and it looks to be scanned in one piece, based on the shadows about the size of a CD booklet.
What good is a life that leaves nothing behind, not a thought nor a dream to echo in time...
So what have I done in the eyes of the world, what have I done that will remain?

Prowler

Post#3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:45 pm

The thing that makes the whole story even worse are the "reviews" of the online magazines who just repeat that "vinyl story", whoever created it. It would be good to contact Stefan of Karthago Records, to finally correct some things in this case. Everyone just repeats one hoax he heard somewhere I guess...

mordred

Post#4 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:38 am

Bigfoot.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

Prowler

Post#5 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 am

Ok guys, you better hold on your panties tight now, according to the label info that "Burning ambition" album was indeed available on vinyl. But they couldn't tell how many had been pressed and neither could show me pictures of the labels etc. but they clearly stated that this LP exists. :shock:
I'm shocked now I have to confess ... nothing but shocked! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It would be interesting to see pictures of that LP nevertheless, so if anyone owns a copy, feel free pls. I can't imagine we are all have been THAT blind during the past 30 years and never recognized this vinyl exist. :D

DaN
Administructor

Post#6 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:28 am

Bigfoot indeed...
First time I heard about this record was from Stefan Riermaier at a KIT Metal Market ages ago, years before the Carthago reissue. It sounded convincing at the time and I think I followed up with asking if this was a test-pressing only release (at least that's my standard follow-up question in these cases..) and no, it was a proper release. I think he was lying. Don't know why though... It could either be a prank, or maybe a way to stir up some hype for a planned future CD release.

That title and logo is definitely computer-made, so at least we know the artwork is not original.
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

Khnud

Post#7 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:13 am

Surely the big time collectors who used to hang out here knows something about it. Too bad they all left ages ago...
Laugh at you in ecstasy, wallow in the gore.
Blast you with their twisted minds, behold the Dogs Of War.

Prowler

Post#8 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:01 pm

PureSteel.jpg
PureSteel.jpg (18.53 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Thats the complete answer from the Pure Steel office. The cover of the LP should be the same like on the CD re-edition. If Stefan Riermaier is Stefan72 on Musiksammler, then he doesn't own this record either. Seriously despite we have to trust their confirmation for the moment, but if it would be I who had this record I'd show it around and post pics at any minute. :wink: :twisted:
So in case there is really someone who owns a copy, this guy must have a really cool self restraint. 8)

bigfootkit

Post#9 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am

mordred wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:38 am
Bigfoot.
You called me?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

mordred

Post#10 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 pm

bigfootkit wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:48 am
mordred wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:38 am
Bigfoot.
You called me?
I’m not sure wether that phrase is something one really wants to hear or something one really doesn’t want to hear after calling out for Bigfoot.
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves