Satan’s Hallow LP

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
vasilis2112

Satan’s Hallow LP

Post by vasilis2112 »

Hello everybody!

I have a question.
I own a copy of the 1st pressing of the Satan’s Hallow magnificent LP. It is not clear red as Discogs states, thought it is red/black marbled as 2nd pressing should be, always as Discogs states. Besides Discogs photo of the 2nd pressing shows a plain red vinyl. Helle from Underground Power, who I trust, told me my copy is of the 1st pressing, but this Discogs confusion makes me wonder.
What about your copies (1st or 2nd pressing)?

Waiting for your replies.

Best wishes!
Zanker

Re: Satan’s Hallow LP

Post by Zanker »

vasilis2112 wrote:Hello everybody!

I have a question.
I own a copy of the 1st pressing of the Satan’s Hallow magnificent LP. It is not clear red as Discogs states, thought it is red/black marbled as 2nd pressing should be, always as Discogs states. Besides Discogs photo of the 2nd pressing shows a plain red vinyl. Helle from Underground Power, who I trust, told me my copy is of the 1st pressing, but this Discogs confusion makes me wonder.
What about your copies (1st or 2nd pressing)?

Waiting for your replies.

Best wishes!
I do not own the album but i do know that Discogs is not always accurate. I check Discogs often aswell as a source but i always keep in mind that it could be wrong too....well great help!
When i buy new records i always go for black vinyl (when available). Sometimes it's strange to see that a black metal album is released on, mmm let say, pink vinyl? It doesn't feel right to me. Only black vinyl is real :D
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Thank you for your answer my friend. It seems to be a Discogs mess, I asked a guy who was selling the 2nd edition and told me it is read.

Nevertheless I cannot believe that no one here has a copy this vinyl!

I myself, most of the time, go for the most limited colour of the first press. Of course this doesn’t happen when I don’t like the colour.
I am trying to fight this demon for years. Black vinyl sound is said to be better and harder (not so easily scratched), but I like unique colours and rare vinyl. I would prefer one colored pressings and not 100x + 200y + 300z + 500k!
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

vasilis2112 wrote: I am trying to fight this demon for years. Black vinyl sound is said to be better and harder (not so easily scratched), but I like unique colours and rare vinyl. I would prefer one colored pressings and not 100x + 200y + 300z + 500k!
I understand your demons really. I have a soft spot for cover variations of the 80's records that were different in some countries.
New vinyl i always go for the black if there is one. Nowaday it's standard that every vinyl is released in different colours as back in the day the colour ones were the rare ones (Savatage blue, Jaguar purple, Venom etc etc) I do collect those colours of the old ones to be honest but not if it costs me an arm or a leg.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Sorry I don't have it, "just" have black vinyl. Which is enough for me as it is impossible to buy just the standard versions of all the great records coming out these days.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Not completely true. For example the Vixen Made in Hawaii the rarer color version is black vinyl. pic disc probably similar small amount pressed.
Zanker wrote:back in the day the colour ones were the rare ones (Savatage blue, Jaguar purple, Venom etc etc) I do collect those colours of the old ones to be honest but not if it costs me an arm or a leg.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

doomedplanet wrote:Not completely true. For example the Vixen Made in Hawaii the rarer color version is black vinyl. pic disc probably similar small amount pressed.
Zanker wrote:back in the day the colour ones were the rare ones (Savatage blue, Jaguar purple, Venom etc etc) I do collect those colours of the old ones to be honest but not if it costs me an arm or a leg.
True. Although i read that both pressings were 250 copies pressed. The first color i found was blue indeed, than the black and then many years later i found the pic disc. Besides the Vixen, i can't find another record that the black vinyl is rarer than the color one. oh, just one popped up: the Agent Steel: Mad locust rising on black vinyl is rarer than the blue one as it was used as a promo. Any more? If the mods want this in a new thread...discussing colors and the likes because i'm a bit off topic.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

doomedplanet wrote:Sorry I don't have it, "just" have black vinyl. Which is enough for me as it is impossible to buy just the standard versions of all the great records coming out these days.
Thank you for your reply my friend.
What do you mean by saying “impossible... just...”? Prices for the colour versions are almost always ~1€ above the standard version.
doomedplanet wrote:Not completely true. For example the Vixen Made in Hawaii the rarer color version is black vinyl. pic disc probably similar small amount pressed.
The witchfinder general LPs too.(?)
There are some nowadays releases too that black vinyl is pressed in smaller amount than the colour one.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Zanker wrote:True. Although i read that both pressings were 250 copies pressed. The first color i found was blue indeed, than the black and then many years later i found the pic disc. Besides the Vixen, i can't find another record that the black vinyl is rarer than the color one. oh, just one popped up: the Agent Steel: Mad locust rising on black vinyl is rarer than the blue one as it was used as a promo. Any more?
This is what I thought too. I found the black vixen first, but paid much less for the blue one.
I don’t know about the quantities of the witchfinder general LPs but black vinyl seems to be more difficult to find these days.
What about the 2nd crying steel from Italy? Was there a black vinyl pressing or just the clear and the PD?
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

vasilis2112 wrote: There are some nowadays releases too that black vinyl is pressed in smaller amount than the colour one.
Yes, this is true aswell. Nowadays, the black vinyls are sometimes more rare than the colour ones.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

vasilis2112 wrote: What about the 2nd crying steel from Italy? Was there a black vinyl pressing or just the clear and the PD?
Only know of these pressings, never heard of a black version.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Well there are just so many releases out that I want to buy (many are barely available for sale in the U.S.) that I only pay that extra price if it is the only version available (some recent HRR releases for example the first press sells out in a month or so). Or if it is a diehard version with extra stuff too, or a band like Brocas Helm that I have to have all versions when there is a reissue...so in general I get the black vinyl and I'm happy just to have it to listen to!
vasilis2112 wrote:
What do you mean by saying “impossible... just...”? Prices for the colour versions are almost always ~1€ above the standard version.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Well I have black vinyl of the Liege lord mini-lp that is normally only available as a picure disc. It is the test pressing. Does that count?
[quote="Zanker]Besides the Vixen, i can't find another record that the black vinyl is rarer than the color one. oh, just one popped up: the Agent Steel: Mad locust rising on black vinyl is rarer than the blue one as it was used as a promo. Any more? .[/quote]
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

doomedplanet wrote:Well I have black vinyl of the Liege lord mini-lp that is normally only available as a picure disc. It is the test pressing. Does that count?
When it counts for you it does :D . Aren't testpressings not always on black? ok...we have a 'testpressing' of the first Jag Panzer on clear vinyl...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Zanker wrote:Besides the Vixen, i can't find another record that the black vinyl is rarer than the color one.
https://www.discogs.com/Powersurge-Targ ... se/4365416
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight