Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
wicked keeper

Re: Recent Metal Finds

Post by wicked keeper »

Dan's a Motherfucker and proud of it... :lol:
Focke-Wulf

Post by Focke-Wulf »

Well 'mofo' was more or less intended as a term of endearment to address the general audience and not so much DaN in particular, but be that as it may :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

wicked keeper wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:58 am Dan's a Motherfucker and proud of it... :lol:
Yup. All your moms. Every last one of 'em.
vasilis2112

Re: LONDON ADDRESS - Running out of time 12'' MLP

Post by vasilis2112 »

Focke-Wulf wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:53 pm Meine Damen und Herren,

Does any of you most exalted connoisseurs happen to have any information whatsoever about this ridiculous Paradoxx-coloured bimbo? This appears to be the only copy to have surfaced so far. The "label" (not really...) is Red Lace, the year of release 1985. The group may have been based in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. Titles are:

Side 1
Running out of time
Coming Home

Side 2
There's nothing else
Just give me love
Ready for rock

Any help will be greatly appreciated -

London Address front.jpg
Congrats for the find, but what style is it?
I guess it is in the hard rock/glam metal vein? Any “stronger” song in it?
Focke-Wulf

Post by Focke-Wulf »

I'd say you could file it under keyboard-infused melodic metal, very roughly in the vein of early Pretty Maids/Van Halen maybe. Songs are ok across the board, the beefy guitar tone preventing 'em from devolving into outright poprock/glam territory. Some nifty soloing to boot. Perhaps I should try to rip this to the harddrive and post it here for your enjoyment, eh, lads?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Do rip! Actually, if you're up for it you're welcome to review it for the site. Not poprock/glam + rare = good enough for The Archive.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

No wait, till I found my own copy :evil:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm No wait, till I found my own copy :evil:
Ha ha.. ok, we'll keep it under wraps until the forum collector elite has made their bargains, no worries...
Focke-Wulf

Post by Focke-Wulf »

DaN wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:33 pm
Prowler wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:21 pm No wait, till I found my own copy :evil:
Ha ha.. ok, we'll keep it under wraps until the forum collector elite has made their bargains, no worries...
...of whom I certainly ain't not a part, so why not bring it on right away :D . But don't you worry, that won't be happening anytime soon cause I ain't got no vinyl ripper :wink:
Focke-Wulf

Post by Focke-Wulf »

Let's hope for the sake of me it's the only example in existence :twisted:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

My new darling arrived!
Forget your wives, when you have an Alvacast in your arms it will feel alright... :lol:
AlvacastBaby.jpg
AlvacastBaby.jpg (189.14 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Prowler wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:12 pm My new darling arrived!
Forget your wives, when you have an Alvacast in your arms it will feel alright... :lol:
AlvacastBaby.jpg
Do not embrace "her" too passionately. :wink:
I am ... the One you warned me of
mordred

Post by mordred »

Already slight ringwear from all the love making.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Well you can't have the one thing without the other ... lol

Those Chroming Rose "Pressure" vinyls are even hard to find here in Germany. Can't remember anymore when I've seen a copy on german Ebay.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

mustardgasattack wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:46 pm Nothing too rare on my part but on a recent trip to my hometown(Rochester NY) I took a trip to an old standby for record/tape memorabilia pillaging, Armand Schaubroecks House of Guitars. You might recognize the name cause there’s lots of pics of people from Exodus, Slayer, Motorhead, Van Halen, Hanoi Rocks etc etc wearing shirts for it. If you have even a passing interest in metal, hard rock or punk and you find yourself within 3 hours driving distance of this place and have some cash, FUCKING GO. Half of it is a huge music equipment store full of vintage equipment and amps and the other half is a total amazing chaotic mess of a record store that has been operating since the early 70s at least. Its walls are adorned with fading metal/hard rock promo posters, candid pics of 80s metallers signing records, vintage shirts hung from the ceiling etc. You will have to set some time aside to dig through tons of shit but trust me if you know what you’re looking for you’ll find something crazy for a great price. Some scores I’ve come across that really boggle my mind: SEALED 80s dead stock copies of VA “Lead Weight”, Juggernaut-“Baptism Under Fire”, Motorhead-“Rock N Roll”, Blade Runner- “Hunted”, Le Griffe- “Fast Bikes”, tons of sealed tapes etc. Also heard tales of people scoring original Holocaust pressings and other mega rare stuff. The wildest part is apparently they have an entire basement area that isn’t open to the public full of sealed dead stock dating at least to the early 80s and they basically bring dead stock up from there as it sells and since they have so much shit to get rid of and limited space they do pretty wild bargain pricing. If you’re sick of hip record stores over pricing shit this is the place for you. Back in the early 2000s you could even score vintage Possessed, Savage Grace, Destruction, Raven, Overkill etc shirts there but again they keep those in the basement now cause they don’t want rich hipster/collector/flipper scum coming through and buying everything up. Seriously made me feel like a teenager again being there!

I used to teach guitar there in the early 90s. Armand and his brother were great people. When I was there, the basement was open and that's where all the records were. Heaps and heaps. I scored a sealed UK press 6 1/2 Year Anniversary Metallica boxset there amongst a lot of other stuff. Armand bought up a lot of cases of BMG records too so there was a pile of stuff there on lp that was pressed in limited quantities because CDs took over that today can go for stupid money

I miss Record Archive when they had 2 locations. Mt Hope Ave one was by far the best for Metal lps and oddball demo tapes of local bands. I am still looking for a copy of Raising Cain or Raising Kane, can't remember the spelling but one of the songs was featured on WCMF's Homegrown around 1992. The guitar player still works at Monroe Muffler or Meineke
You remember a band called Shag? The drummer (Mike) used to work at the pawn shop on Monroe Ave where you could score killer audio equipment on the cheap all the time. Records selection was never huge but my best find there was a copy of Liquid Mirror - Kicked Out of Fantasy

Rochester was great back in the 80s early 90s. At least I got to play several times at the Penny Arcade. I was so bummed to hear its closed. That place had just about every hardrock and Metal band play there over the years

I am surprised the HOG was not all picked over by the time I moved to Connecticut in 2000