Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
User avatar
Herkus Monte
Posts: 487

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#781 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:17 am

johnnysteel wrote:#1 want crossed off the list today. Still sealed, original.
How come? :shock:
"You say meh to god of black metal?"

User avatar
Priamos
Posts: 522

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#782 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:26 am

Well, I don't have any appreciation for rarities and collector shit, but this was impressive even for myself! Well done!
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...

User avatar
Heathen
Posts: 1234

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#783 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Herkus Monte wrote:
johnnysteel wrote:#1 want crossed off the list today. Still sealed, original.
How come? :shock:
Santa Claus, surely.

User avatar
msp
Posts: 1215

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#784 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Impressive. Most impressive indeed
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...

Razanez
Posts: 32

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#785 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:25 am

Image

AAAH one of my personal holy grails, finally here! And my first post in this forum. Heavy metal madness continues...

User avatar
fengisriprider
Posts: 168

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#786 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 am

[quote="Prowler"]Please welcome my new darling for the rest of this year. Among my top 3 wants for years, now mine!
[img]http://i67.tinypic.com/bewj2v.jpg[/img]

Btw. did someone above say that Overdose's part of the Split with Sepultura is garbage or did I just read it wrong??????
If so, I mean if he did so, I need to state that this is BLASPHEMY! :x
"Anjos do Apocalipse" is somewhat of a brazilian Power Metal gem! And musically there have been worlds that divided the musicians of Overdose and Sepultura. I love Sepultura of the 80's but seriously until "Schizophrenia" they just have been "another" brazilian Thrash band. Holocausto's debut has been by far more brutal and more Death Metal than Sepultura has ever been ...[/quote]

I am with Prowler on Overdose; Seculo XX is awesome, in my opinion better then Sepultura side, although there is no reason to chose one or the other if you have an un shredded copy. Both are excellent pieces of heavy metal and the best work from both bands.
"Dental Plan, Lisa needs braces."

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 355

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#787 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:06 am

Image

Latest addition to the Belgian rarities collection. However sadly missing the insert, does someone have a scan of that?

humus
Posts: 1459
Contact:

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#788 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Picked up the one at ebay? Price was nice!

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 355

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#789 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:10 pm

humus wrote:Picked up the one at ebay? Price was nice!
Yes, found it strange that I was the only bidder actually. :)

Decibel_Rebel
Posts: 139

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#790 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:59 pm

johnnysteel wrote:#1 want crossed off the list today. Still sealed, original.
We need the stoy behind it :shock:

humus
Posts: 1459
Contact:

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#791 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Levi wrote:
humus wrote:Picked up the one at ebay? Price was nice!
Yes, found it strange that I was the only bidder actually. :)
He had been trying to sell it for a while, always lowering the price a bit. Was on the verge of buying it myself actually, but I'm sure you'll appreciate it more.

User avatar
Levi
Posts: 355

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#792 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:22 pm

humus wrote:
Levi wrote:
humus wrote:Picked up the one at ebay? Price was nice!
Yes, found it strange that I was the only bidder actually. :)
He had been trying to sell it for a while, always lowering the price a bit. Was on the verge of buying it myself actually, but I'm sure you'll appreciate it more.
Yeah, was following it for quite a while but didn't dare to speculate on it going any lower. With reason, so it seems, hehe.

User avatar
whiteravenmetal
Posts: 371
Contact:

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#793 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:39 pm

Levi wrote:Latest addition to the Belgian rarities collection. However sadly missing the insert, does someone have a scan of that?
White Night, great one!!

User avatar
Keir
Posts: 1214
Contact:

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#794 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Nice! I guess I picked a crappy time to stop paying attention to eBay because I would have bought that White Night in a heartbeat.
fengisriprider wrote:I am with Prowler on Overdose; Seculo XX is awesome, in my opinion better then Sepultura side, although there is no reason to chose one or the other if you have an un shredded copy. Both are excellent pieces of heavy metal and the best work from both bands.
I remember buying the split cassette around 25 years ago because I was a big fan of Sepultura at the time. Had never heard of Overdose but ended up liking that side much more! I would just listen to that side then rewind it completely ignoring Sepultura's songs. My friends all thought I was nuts.

BTW Prowler, I see a lot of posing going on in that pic. ;)

User avatar
Prowler
Posts: 1583

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post#795 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:01 am

Levi wrote:
humus wrote:Picked up the one at ebay? Price was nice!
Yes, found it strange that I was the only bidder actually. :)
No insert included. That's the answer! You know collectors do sometimes act strange, if the record with all inserts isn't complete, or had a tiny edge bend, it's not worth the "full price" so why buying it? :wink:

@keir:
Posing belongs to Metal from the beginning. If people don't like posers in Metal than please explain Immortal and such bands. They are the poser kings! :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests