Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Sentinel

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post by The Sentinel »

WIKKA is the best; still in love with that one. Need to hear that 7" that came with the Snakepit.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Good last month has been killer with record hunting in town, record fair and some private deals.

Bathory - Bathory LP ORIGINAL yellow goat in mint with insert
Damascus - Open your Eyes 12" first press
Savatage - Sirens LP par rec still in shrink
Destructor - Maximum Destruction LP auburn
Jag Panzer - Jag Panzer MLP azra
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction LP azra
Witch Cross - Fit For Fight LP vision rec
Hyksos - Hyksos LP
Lester Maddox - Gothic Lore LP
Pantera - Power Metal LP original
Medieval - Medieval Kills! LP
Loud Crowd - Guardians LP
Danger Zone - Victim of Time MLP
Satan's Host - Metal From Hell LP ORIGINAL red vinyl, signed and comes with a 4 page promo booklet
Tradore - Beyond the Shadows cassette demo
Rising - Just one Bite... Cassette demo

Also a package from Texas with original promo posters for MILITIA (the Sybling) and a bunch of original concert flyers with MILITIA, WYZARD, SA SLAYER, SYRUS and more.
Holy crap; what a score.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ha ha, nice school photo in your photobucket - early 90's? I had the same shirt design but a sweatshirt from their 1990 tour back then...
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:Ha ha, nice school photo in your photobucket - early 90's? I had the same shirt design but a sweatshirt from their 1990 tour back then...
Yes, 1991. Wish I still had the shirt!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I'd like to hear some opinions about the Dead Serios LP. Could it be called "underrated"?
I mean tracks like "Harbor City" can be called US Metal shrapnels or something. But I hardly hear anybody talking about this record. And it definitely isn't expensive at all for a private/indie pressing.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Dead Serios is great! I have their 7'' EP and X-mas single, both are killer and totally underrated considering they're both somewhat rare.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I'm pleased to hear that, because sometimes I really wonder if MY taste is just that utterly obscure or elseone's ... haha
Seriously, take most of those "hyped" raries and compare it with Dead Serios (I don't wanna say DS are the godfathers of US Metal) and they are not half as good but everyone keeps talking about them while DS is like not existent. That made me wondering, I already liked it when I heard it the very first time in MP3 format a couple of years ago.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I didn't know them but after checkin', I think the answer in Prowler's question is obvious regarless their music. They are not "Dead Serios" at all! :P :lol: They have "controversial" sense of humor and the metal scene isn't too tolerant to the lack of seriousness. Speaking for myself, it's unlikely to waste time on a band that has so stupid title-songs and looks like this:

Call me prejudiced or anything but this is the bitter truth.

PS. The song (Harbor city) sounds pretty good but nothing special.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Priamos wrote:They have "controversial" sense of humor and the metal scene isn't too tolerant to the lack of seriousness.
I'm all for non-seriousness, but not for lyrics trashing a "Psycho Dyke". I'll try that first album anyway.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

The Dead Serios lp is pretty damn good. Just because they went on to be a terrible joke doesn't make the record worse. Think of all the other band you know that should have quit after the first album!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Priamos wrote:Speaking for myself, it's unlikely to waste time on a band that has so stupid title-songs and looks like this:
Yes, as we all know it's not about how it sounds, but how it looks. Or wait...
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

doomedplanet wrote:The Dead Serios lp is pretty damn good. Just because they went on to be a terrible joke doesn't make the record worse. Think of all the other band you know that should have quit after the first album!
Wow, that's quite high rating. How are the other albums?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Khnud wrote: Yes, as we all know it's not about how it sounds, but how it looks. Or wait...
Nah...Don't try to sound so politically correct. :P If I had rephrased it, you could have seen my point, but the direct and honest approach seems to annoy you. Well lets try this:
The procedure of looking for "good music" is much more complicated and does depend on many factors. Our time and money are not limitless and obviously you'll have to eliminate all the "weak candidates". Usually you have the time to judge only from a first impression. Well the first, the second and the third impression of Dead Serios suck!!! :lol: Only if a person I trust (hey Prowler it seems you received a compliment! :lol: ), insists that is something that I would probably like, THEN I will check their music. We, people, depend much on previous experiences and "statistics" on everyday life ( "i won't check the new BDM sensation as I 99,9% won't like it" etc) but some tend to perceive this practical and realistic attitude as "racist" and "prejudiced".
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Feel free to check youtube for those abominations...I see only one song from 'Who's your Buddy" is on the tube. I'm checking the album again right now and while not a masterpiece, it has few really solid songs and that classic 80's metal underground analog sound that makes it stand out compared to productions we hear these days. No one seems to really be able to nail that these days in the digital era. While some talk about progress most times I see it as regression.
Noisenik wrote:
Wow, that's quite high rating. How are the other albums?