Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post by Prowler »

Keir wrote:Now it's my turn to complain, Prowler. I was the second highest bidder on that Godzone Metal. :x :P
You should kiss my ass for not winning it! The description was completely wrong. As you can see on the sleeve it has water damage and he graded it EX. On the back it has brownish stains on the bottom (from water) and the vinyl itself in my opinion has to be graded "fair". Overall scratched! It only plays with a coin on the needle. On the other hand the record (I mean the album, not my particular copy) basically sounds totally crappy. Low budget live recordings with low volume scale. From the quality of the recordings and music I'd advice everybody to not pay more than 20 $ as it's not worth more musically. It just has historical value. I'll go thru the long battle of getting a 20 $ refund or the seller has to take the record back. It really pisses me off!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

You mean you didn't know it was a crappy recording? I thought everyone knew that :) And especially that you knew all NZ albums already...

I would have been bidding, was watching it, but the cover looked beat and I had this sinking feeling it would be reflected in the record condition so I stayed away...
Prowler wrote: You should kiss my ass for not winning it! The description was completely wrong. As you can see on the sleeve it has water damage and he graded it EX. On the back it has brownish stains on the bottom (from water) and the vinyl itself in my opinion has to be graded "fair". Overall scratched! It only plays with a coin on the needle. On the other hand the record (I mean the album, not my particular copy) basically sounds totally crappy. Low budget live recordings with low volume scale. From the quality of the recordings and music I'd advice everybody to not pay more than 20 $ as it's not worth more musically. It just has historical value. I'll go thru the long battle of getting a 20 $ refund or the seller has to take the record back. It really pisses me off!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

doomedplanet wrote:You mean you didn't know it was a crappy recording? I thought everyone knew that :) And especially that you knew all NZ albums already...

I would have been bidding, was watching it, but the cover looked beat and I had this sinking feeling it would be reflected in the record condition so I stayed away...
Prowler wrote: You should kiss my ass for not winning it! The description was completely wrong. As you can see on the sleeve it has water damage and he graded it EX. On the back it has brownish stains on the bottom (from water) and the vinyl itself in my opinion has to be graded "fair". Overall scratched! It only plays with a coin on the needle. On the other hand the record (I mean the album, not my particular copy) basically sounds totally crappy. Low budget live recordings with low volume scale. From the quality of the recordings and music I'd advice everybody to not pay more than 20 $ as it's not worth more musically. It just has historical value. I'll go thru the long battle of getting a 20 $ refund or the seller has to take the record back. It really pisses me off!
Unfortunately I haven't heard the record before. It was one of 2 NZ vinyls that I was missing yet so I was happy to win it at all. I saw the cover pic and it looked "ok", though I realized that "ex" grading must be a fault. The wrong cover grading wasn't the Knackpunkt at all, it looks quite ok compared to some colombian records that I have but to grade a completely scratched record VG- is what pisses me off. I should have been warned when the seller answered that his reserve was just 20 $, as I'm sure he's the Colbert guy who earlier run that record store and made online auctions for many many NZ vinyls. So he should have known about the grading.
Seriously I should have had followed the golden record collectors rule, if nobody talks about an expensive record though many guys have it, it's in 9 of 10 cases total crap!
But unfortunately that doesn't counts for the Laiden Run Promo MLP. lol
It's quite good Hard Rock/Metal but nobody talks about it either, so ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Annex - Powers That Be / CD
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Through the door: Voivod, Target Earth digibook issue with two bonus live tracks & two stickers.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

perishinflames wrote:Image
:shock:
Envious.

Here's an odd thing to come across on a sunday afternoon stroll in Stockholm city, while looking for kid's clothes in 2nd hand stores:
snakebite.jpg
snakebite.jpg (21.15 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
Quite expensive for a flea market find though, 4 euros and change!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yeah, absolutely expensive. Had 2 of these, each one for 1 E ... :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

:D :D :D
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote::D :D :D
Looks nice. How it sounds? And which label? Mexican one?
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Is that a 7"? Just the 2 tracks from Descarga Norte? Fantastic stuff nonetheless!
demophil

Post by demophil »

It should be a CD edition with the whole discography....at least Gadir Metalic/Iberia Metalica put the Discography CD out a few weeks ago
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

DaN wrote: :shock:
Envious.
Dumb luck random find on musicstack. Not a cheapo but for $20 I was pretty happy. Now I just need that 7", which I should have bought years ago when I saw it all over for 10-20 euro. Wouldn't mind a mintier copy of Ta Destruction either my booklet is a bit worn but it's not a top priority.

As far as other finds, nothing really exciting to report. Quite a few cheap CDs and 45s but nothing rare except the Sabbatical Earlyearslaught CD box (which was worth it just for the box if I'm honest, wow that thing is cool). That Quebec metal tape box from NWN is pretty essential too even though I hate the packaging, all the j cards are pretty crinkled and the case itself doesn't want to close on one side. Would have gladly paid more for the tapes in cases in a cardboard box or something a little more... I dunno, cool?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Noisenik wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote::D :D :D
Looks nice. How it sounds? And which label? Mexican one?
Actually is a CD with demos tracks and the ones from Decarga del Norte Comp. also includes some live tracks,which prodcutionwise are just OK ,the music almost as good and catchy as the compilation release tracks.

booklet has short but interesting liner notes as well as lyrics(hell yes!), I prefer the slipcase design than the cover art in the booklet though.

Overall sounds pretty good, it was remastered but without shitting on the original sound,certainly better than the cheap rips on the web.

I bought it to Sounds of Metal in Spain,and this edition was limited to 50,with pins and sticker