Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

caminantenocturno wrote:
Prowler wrote:
caminantenocturno wrote:
... by J.L. Granado; Thanks - I think it is also the best.

Honorably mentioned should be also

"Cuerdas de acero" by Andrés Lopéz Martínez.
Don't know that one ... there's also a german written book available but it mainly features the wellknown bands/LP's and Grando's book has at least a list of more obscure stuff with short description.
Are you refering to a specific book on spanish metal or "Heavy Metal aus Südeuropa"? I have also one that's called "Diccionario de heavy metal latino". I unfortunately never got hold of "Heavy Metal aus Südeuropa", but among the books I know, "Large vida ..." is the most extensive by far.

By the way: You are German, I believe, from where exactly? - I live in Bonn myself ...
Exactly "HM aus Südeuropa" I meant. You should be happy that you haven't bought the book(s) as they fell in pieces after 1 year ... lol .. what a low manufacturing quality. I had to re-glue all of them.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Some recent finds.
I especially love the Sorcerer cd. Outstanding vocals by Anders Engberg (also "Beyond" Twilight/Lion's Share)

caminantenocturno

Post by caminantenocturno »

Prowler wrote: Exactly "HM aus Südeuropa" I meant. You should be happy that you haven't bought the book(s) as they fell in pieces after 1 year ... lol .. what a low manufacturing quality. I had to re-glue all of them.
Curious ... I always though that the two books I'm missing from the series - "Südeuropa" and "Westeuropa" should be real gems. Many of these early books are of low maufacturing quality, but I reckon they make up for it in contents. At least some of them do ... I like the book on Osteuropa, while the book on Australia is utter rubbish in my opinion.
Then again, much for the information that was rare and obscure back then might be well-known now.
Eventually I probably will stumble over a second-hand copy or a download ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

caminantenocturno wrote:
Prowler wrote: Exactly "HM aus Südeuropa" I meant. You should be happy that you haven't bought the book(s) as they fell in pieces after 1 year ... lol .. what a low manufacturing quality. I had to re-glue all of them.
Curious ... I always though that the two books I'm missing from the series - "Südeuropa" and "Westeuropa" should be real gems. Many of these early books are of low maufacturing quality, but I reckon they make up for it in contents. At least some of them do ... I like the book on Osteuropa, while the book on Australia is utter rubbish in my opinion.
Then again, much for the information that was rare and obscure back then might be well-known now.
Eventually I probably will stumble over a second-hand copy or a download ...
Nah,I have to correct some things, the books itself are gems or have been gems when they came out (with nowadays knowledge and rising of the internet or ebay ... they are outdated or just scratching the surface) as there was noone who did care about spanish, portuguese, french, czech, russian etc. Metal LP's at that time. I read the books and ordered several LP's for 5-10 DM from mailorders or friends in these countries, immediately got 2 Axat LPs for 5 DM each looking absolutely mint. The funny thing was you could not re-sell them for big money as NOONE cared about them. So for a maniac these books have been very important to avoid crap purchases. But since the editor has paid the manufacturing costs all by himself he accepted the cheapest offer to save money and therefore the quality of binding the books is the cheapest I've ever seen. Like I said, after intense reading the pages fell out on all books. I think all books have been limited to 500 copies. At least for Südeuropa there was a re-edition made (by the editor, Iron Pages did a re-dition of Osteuropa) as it had a blue sleeve (instead of green sleeve for the first edition or maybe I confused the editions but I gave away the blue edition that I bought too). It had featured some more CD's than the first edition. Funny reading is guaranteed.
I have the Latino Metal Book too but it's also written in spanish plus it features many Latino countries and therefore can only scratch the surface of the scene. One book for each country would have been the right choice. However there is a czech book from 1994 or 95 available (only ever seen my own copy) you need to watch out, called "Ohlasy Pisni Tezkych". It features all kinds of czech/slovakian Metal, Hard Rock, AOR bands mainly demo bands you've never heard of and if you know someone there you might find a copy for 1-3 Euros only. Not even my czech friend did know most these bands. Absolutely AWESOME for underground Metal fans, but sadly it's written in czech language but the discographies are easy to read just like in the spanish books.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Prowler, do you know a place where to get that czech book? Could you post a pic of the cover? Thx
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Andreas wrote:Prowler, do you know a place where to get that czech book? Could you post a pic of the cover? Thx
I have seen in some Chac online bookstores and they are available for cheap (less than 100 Kc), but none of them ships abroad, so you would have to go to the Czech Republic to get it directly from the store. An example:

http://www.levneucebnice.cz/p/ohlasy-pi ... ch-skupin/
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Andreas wrote:Prowler, do you know a place where to get that czech book? Could you post a pic of the cover? Thx
"Yes we can", look here:

AsI said, my czech dude only wanted 3 Euros ... and as the one above said, only available there. You need contact there.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Thanks a lot! Now trying to order it without any knowledge of the czech language
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Andreas wrote:Thanks a lot! Now trying to order it without any knowledge of the czech language
You got pm.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
caminantenocturno

Post by caminantenocturno »

Dokken_Uwe wrote:
Andreas wrote:Thanks a lot! Now trying to order it without any knowledge of the czech language
You got pm.
Does this mean you have a good source?

I would be grateful for any help ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Trofeo Rock Villa De Madrid 7"= Yin Yan
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nice finds! That Illusion came with a ps by the way.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

i really don´t understand Prowler :? :? :? i read somewhere that u said Illusion is bad and average (which i think it is) why did u bought it?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:i really don´t understand Prowler :? :? :? i read somewhere that u said Illusion is bad and average (which i think it is) why did u bought it?
Häää? I said what? Where did I say this? I didn't even hear the Illusion 7" until today ...

@Khnud: I know it has a PS, but copies with PS are more expensive and before I get another expensive US Hard Rock sucker I better check out a cheaper copy first. However, it's pretty cool so I'm tempted to go for a copy with PS now ... lol

@Cyrcka: How can you say it's bad? Sure, for "Poisonmelody" it's prohably not Metal enough but basically it's pretty rough Power Pop! :wink:
I think Power Pop is becoming my new description for everything as you can never fail with it ... :!:
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:i really don´t understand Prowler :? :? :? i read somewhere that u said Illusion is bad and average (which i think it is) why did u bought it?
Häää? I said what? Where did I say this? I didn't even hear the Illusion 7" until today ...

@Khnud: I know it has a PS, but copies with PS are more expensive and before I get another expensive US Hard Rock sucker I better check out a cheaper copy first. However, it's pretty cool so I'm tempted to go for a copy with PS now ... lol

@Cyrcka: How can you say it's bad? Sure, for "Poisonmelody" it's prohably not Metal enough but basically it's pretty rough Power Pop! :wink:
I think Power Pop is becoming my new description for everything as you can never fail with it ... :!:

i think i download the single here at the corro... and ther was a comment from you. Isn´t that one the Without You/ He Needs Her?