Horrific crimes of record collecting

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Keir

Horrific crimes of record collecting

Post by Keir »

Sometimes I get so caught up in obscure forgotten metal that I forget about some really classic stuff. For example, I only just realized that I don't own Sad Wings Of Destiny in any format. :oops:

I'm pretty sure I have every track on various compilations, but still that's no excuse. Going to turn in my license to headbang now...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

And you're not the only one :D .For example my collection still missing few MANOWAR classic albums and more stuff I can't remember until I want to hear these and then I see empty place in shelves.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I am missing so many of the mandatory classics it's not even funny. But you don't see me making a big deal out of it. :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Same here. I always put off the common stuff thinking "this will always be available next week/month/year but there's this other record I might not see again for x amount of time"... the rarer items almost always take precedence. This has bitten me in the ass as stuff I used to see for $5 all the time has now gotten a lot more expensive.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I was at a record fair this weekend. Couldn´t remember if my KISS - Creatures of the night LP had the innersleeve or not so I didn´t pick it up.

When I got home I realized I didn´t even own the LP :(
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
scandinavian-assault

Post by scandinavian-assault »

It seems to be common for record collectors, not owning the classics who SHAPED the genre(s).
It's always nice to find some "new" obscure bands, but how can you really beat MOTÖRHEAD, JUDAS PRIEST, IRON MAIDEN for example? You cannot top them, ever.
Headbanger, Earthdog, Rivet Head, Hell Rat & Metal Maniac!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Don't have this problem really, it was important to me to get "basic" stuff first, and it was also the only choice with no internet, limited money, and poor selection of places to find records. There's a huge amount of records many would consider common and essential, so of course I'm missing some things in that sense, and not to sound too pretentious because of course there's so many records I still need, but sometimes a few "classics" are records I can't be bothered to buy, if just for the sake of having them on the shelf when I wouldn't want to listen to them anyway.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

perishinflames wrote:Same here. I always put off the common stuff thinking "this will always be available next week/month/year but there's this other record I might not see again for x amount of time"... the rarer items almost always take precedence. This has bitten me in the ass as stuff I used to see for $5 all the time has now gotten a lot more expensive.
same here
One of my big omissions: I don't own Mercyful Fate 'Melissa' currently
Only recently got a new copy of 'Holy Diver'
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
mordred

Post by mordred »

Thankfully I had obtained most essential "basic" stuff before I knew there was such a thing as "obscure" metal. :)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

mordred wrote:Thankfully I had obtained most essential "basic" stuff before I knew there was such a thing as "obscure" metal. :)
Haha me too. But I still need a mint copy of Painkiller on LP.
Long Live The Loud !!!
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

I have nothing from Pentagram!

ban me now :?
Lama

Post by Lama »

mordred wrote:Thankfully I had obtained most essential "basic" stuff before I knew there was such a thing as "obscure" metal. :)
Same here! And although I already owned most Manilla Road/Cirith Ungol/insert other 'semi-obscure' band's original vinyls back in the late nineties, I'd wish I had discovered 'really' obscure metal a few years earlier.
Kampel Destruction
Heabymetawhunta

Post by Heabymetawhunta »

Le fjump wrote:I was at a record fair this weekend. Couldn´t remember if my KISS - Creatures of the night LP had the innersleeve or not so I didn´t pick it up.

When I got home I realized I didn´t even own the LP :(
:lol: :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:I have nothing from Pentagram!

ban me now :?
Oh yeah, definately an aching hole on the shelves here too. I only have the Livin In a Ram single.

And heaps other classics missing...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

There is alot of classic stuff missing from my collection, one reason is I sold alot bcos I needed money and didn't want to get rid of any rarities. I need to buy the whole iron maiden vinyl discography again!! I will do with the judas priest discography for now. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL