Collectors' regrets

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

tbieri wrote:Anotherone is ZEN VENOM ! I've payed only $100 or $120 what was very cheap, but musically very dissapointing ! The Singer is so unispired that he really gets on my nervs ! Sound slike he's sleeping while singin !
I always liked those "special", laid back vocals of ZV. Frankly I think it's what saves the album. Well, that and the fantastic "Kiss of Death". Don't suppose you still have it and wanna get rid of it? (I'm going through your tradelist at this very moment btw..)
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote:
tbieri wrote:Anotherone is ZEN VENOM ! I've payed only $100 or $120 what was very cheap, but musically very dissapointing ! The Singer is so unispired that he really gets on my nervs ! Sound slike he's sleeping while singin !
I always liked those "special", laid back vocals of ZV. Frankly I think it's what saves the album. Well, that and the fantastic "Kiss of Death". Don't suppose you still have it and wanna get rid of it? (I'm going through your tradelist at this very moment btw..)
Normaly i give away only things i have twice.
But the ZEN VENOM i would trade, but only against something very nice like VENIN or MESSIAH or IRONHAWK :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote:I always liked those "special", laid back vocals of ZV. Frankly I think it's what saves the album. Well, that and the fantastic "Kiss of Death".
Agree. Vocals are making it strangely beautiful. I rarely hear simple and strange things that sound cool. Another possible influence hehe ...
I am ... the One you warned me of
deathster

Post by deathster »

I missed Malfeitor "Diabolic Youth" demo + original photo some years ago on ebay... Now I do have the original demo also but I miss the great band photo! aarrgghhhh
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I found Onslaught's Shellshock EP on metal market for 6 or 7 euros, but I didn't buy it ... Now I see it going for 10x more! :(
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

In 1990 I had a fairly cool Metal collection - not spectactularly amazing or anything -only a few things that would be considered rare nowadays - and to be honest I only had about 70 LP's ,120 Cd's and nearly 500 tapes ,of which more than half were dubs -and about 40 or so Metal videos - then I moved out of home to share a house with a bloke I met through work who was a junkie -I'll leave everyone to figure out the rest of that story.... :evil:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

wicked keeper wrote:In 1990 I had a fairly cool Metal collection - not spectactularly amazing or anything -only a few things that would be considered rare nowadays - and to be honest I only had about 70 LP's ,120 Cd's and nearly 500 tapes ,of which more than half were dubs -and about 40 or so Metal videos - then I moved out of home to share a house with a bloke I met through work who was a junkie -I'll leave everyone to figure out the rest of that story.... :evil:
Ouch! hurts even to think of sth like that. :o
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

nothing too huge for me, biggest dumb one was probably passing up on an atrocity (us) 7" for $8 or something like that

a handful of times i've purchased records that either contain a different record or no record at all because i didnt bother to check the contents of the jacket sleeve (Whoops)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

A guy I know got robbed of his whole collection of mostly 70s and early 80s hard rock, prog and folk. They broke into his home and took NOTHING else than records. Must have been organised - you'd need the right transport and someone to take the stuff off your hands. He had 15000+ titles.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
deathster

Post by deathster »

khiijol wrote:nothing too huge for me, biggest dumb one was probably passing up on an atrocity (us) 7" for $8 or something like that

a handful of times i've purchased records that either contain a different record or no record at all because i didnt bother to check the contents of the jacket sleeve (Whoops)
"Hatred Birth" rules! I remeber I got it also very cheap but from where or when, this I do not remeber. It was within last 3 yrs though.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

great_knuthulhu wrote:A guy I know got robbed of his whole collection of mostly 70s and early 80s hard rock, prog and folk. They broke into his home and took NOTHING else than records. Must have been organised - you'd need the right transport and someone to take the stuff off your hands. He had 15000+ titles.
Bastards! Imagine how this would sell on eBay ... must have been six number sum with 5 fronting it.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

deathster wrote:
khiijol wrote:nothing too huge for me, biggest dumb one was probably passing up on an atrocity (us) 7" for $8 or something like that

"Hatred Birth" rules! I remeber I got it also very cheap but from where or when, this I do not remeber. It was within last 3 yrs though.
hm, interesting, hopefully i can get it as well. still haven't heard the 7". the full lengths are cool, but i think the one demo is way better, so hopefully the 7" is more along the lines of that
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

holding the PARADOXX 12" in my hands for $300 in the mid 90's and not buying it because I thought it overpriced and lame. I still do. Obviously a bad decision though. Soon you will see this record on ebay, I guarantee it, as I know who bought it when I passed on it.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

It's indeed a pity you didn't buy that paradoxx 12 "

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.p ... 4817083149
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I know without even looking at that link what it sells for these days, hence the regret.