Opinions on shipping from USA to Italy

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Most lost packages bearing a wrecked mail ship,plane or truck are due to either a lying buyer or more often dishonest postal and customs employees and its not racist to point that out no matter what country they are from, it seems to be a more common problem in countries where those employees are paid less though.
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

I'm from Italy,
this is my experience.
All packages from USA needs 4 weeks to arrive.
half time (maybe some more than half time...) was lost in Italian custom...
why? sometimes they apply customs fees, sometimes no.
I'm in the MEGADETH F.C. with two others friends.
My friends have the F.C. package in 20 days; I waited for 40 days...
they paid (both friends) 11 euro of custom fees; I paid nothing when arrived to me...

Last month I wait for a package from Japan; arrived after 25 days. Last 16-17 days lost in the custom...

I have no one package lost in the last years, but delivery time is always different.
SOmetimes I wait 2 weeks from a package from Germany; some others time I have the package in 5-6 days (also from Scandinavian countries and rest of Europe).

I can say only a thing to the U.S. seller: you can ship to Italy only registered and with insurance a value declared on the package (not important if value is high or not, if with insurance the package arrive for sure).

I live in Milan, a big city.
I can speak only for myself; I don't know the situation on others italian cities

that's all
Supremacy

Post by Supremacy »

jnfernal wrote:And now I can even say goodbye to this forum. Disgusted by how many idiot things I read about Italy and disgusted by people like you.

Goodbye, my life goes on. There's a world outside and it's not made only of collector's cds and prejudices about this or that country.

Don't delete my account. I'll do it by myself.
your fault for not knowing the price of a CD. take your time before you make any trade/deal. adios
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Warepire wrote:I know, I was merely pointing out that the delays I have experienced may not have been from the state of California, but other states as each state has their own customs etc
This is not accurate. International packages are dispatched from the origin processing facility to one of a handful of huge sorting facilities in major cities where they are then sent out to the destination country. Most of my packages leave the country through Miami or NYC, both several states away from me. Customs is controlled by the federal government, not the states and I don't think US customs check any outbound packages anyway, only inbound.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:
Warepire wrote:I know, I was merely pointing out that the delays I have experienced may not have been from the state of California, but other states as each state has their own customs etc
This is not accurate. International packages are dispatched from the origin processing facility to one of a handful of huge sorting facilities in major cities where they are then sent out to the destination country. Most of my packages leave the country through Miami or NYC, both several states away from me. Customs is controlled by the federal government, not the states and I don't think US customs check any outbound packages anyway, only inbound.
Following the tracking codes on the USPS website always told me they went into customs, and it was always the same state as the package originated from...