Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Yesterday's bargains (real cheapo's :wink: )

thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Cool demos, still I'd prefer some more tolerance for different tastes :)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

thrashidolatry wrote:Cool demos, still I'd prefer some more tolerance for different tastes :)
Well, I tolerate others views (at work the whole firm is full with christians!), but that doesn't keep me away from telling my point of view. You need to see it from my aspect, I need to bear your (not yours personally, I mean in general) overwhelming love for mainly 90's Trend Thrash/Groove/Prog/etc CD's that I wouldn't spend 50 Cent for, while the important underground 80's stuff gets completely slain. A coin has always 2 sides ... if you (all) prefer to hype certain bands/release into heaven you need to know that there are other guys out there who do not share your point of views and I think that's what Mordred wanted to say too.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Prowler wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:Cool demos
Indeed, detected some nice power prog stuff. And where the hell have you found Darkened demo? I need one, too!
I am ... the One you warned me of
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Noisenik wrote:
Prowler wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:Cool demos
Indeed, detected some nice power prog stuff. And where the hell have you found Darkened demo? I need one, too!
Do you know that tape? It's just average late 80's/almost 90's midtempo Thrash (or Power/Thrash, though it's roughly plaid but not thrashy). I remember Metal Archives lists them as Death/Thrash ...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Prowler wrote:
Noisenik wrote:
Do you know that tape? It's just average late 80's/almost 90's midtempo Thrash (or Power/Thrash, though it's roughly plaid but not thrashy). I remember Metal Archives lists them as Death/Thrash ...
I know a track Remnants Of A Tale - high above average in my book. I was friend with a guy who ran No Name zine. They were featured in issue no.2 and also on compi tape Growls vol.1. We had big hopes for them, but then they went slightly different way. Not thrash, neither power, neither doom, ... we considered them very original.
humus

Post by humus »

Prowler wrote:And here are some demos that I've bought in the past 2 or 3 months:
Argh, Snyper! I have that booklet but I misplaced the actual tape! And since it isn't a pro-printed one, it's somewhere in between of hundreds no brand tapes in a box...or maybe even totally lost!

Have never heard the demo but I always loved that title from Evil prophecy: This is Bochum not LA!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

humus wrote: Argh, Snyper! I have that booklet but I misplaced the actual tape! And since it isn't a pro-printed one, it's somewhere in between of hundreds no brand tapes in a box...or maybe even totally lost!
It's a white tape if that helps. Sadly just 1 track on it ...
Lama

Post by Lama »

Prowler wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:Cool demos, still I'd prefer some more tolerance for different tastes :)
Well, I tolerate others views (at work the whole firm is full with christians!), but that doesn't keep me away from telling my point of view. You need to see it from my aspect, I need to bear your (not yours personally, I mean in general) overwhelming love for mainly 90's Trend Thrash/Groove/Prog/etc CD's that I wouldn't spend 50 Cent for, while the important underground 80's stuff gets completely slain. A coin has always 2 sides ... if you (all) prefer to hype certain bands/release into heaven you need to know that there are other guys out there who do not share your point of views and I think that's what Mordred wanted to say too.
1) The way you slammed "Symbolic" was pathetic. You don't like an certain album? Fair enough, no problem, we all have different tastes. I could say to you that there are other ways to express you not liking a certain album, but I won't, because your post's only intention was causing a stir. Or are you just completely ignorant, and refuse to admit that legions of metalheads adore "Symbolic"? Yeah, probably they're all posers in your opinion... By the way, cool '90s thrash/groove', that Wrekking Machine-tape you posted :?

2) User 'perishinflames' used the album to make an example in an other discussion, so your rant was also totally out of place.

3) Yeah, you're right, the Corroseum is THE place where all the important 80s underground stuff gets 'completely slain' :?
Kampel Destruction
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Lama wrote: 1) The way you slammed "Symbolic" was pathetic.
Why? Do you dare to say it's of the same kind of "Scream bloody gore" or "Leprosy"? Are you ignorant or pathetic?
Lama wrote: Or are you just completely ignorant, and refuse to admit that legions of metalheads adore "Symbolic"? Yeah, probably they're all posers in your opinion...
Yep, it's kinda correct ... why don't you say that those who prefer "Symbolic" over the early Death stuff aren't ignorant? It's the same, just 2 point of views. You think I'm ignorant because I think "Symbolic" is crap and I think you are ignorant because you like it. It's all the same, the point is just nowadays there are 10 Children Disc fanatics against 1 vinyl fan and oh my god if that 1 vinyl fanatic says something that they do not like. Lynch mob ...
You just didn't get the sense of my post. Did you? Please read properly ...
Lama wrote: By the way, cool '90s thrash/groove', that Wrekking Machine-tape you posted :?

Huh, you think those 3 Euros will kill me? I didn't pay 300 $ for a 90's modern crap Metal CD. Ha!
Lama wrote: 3) Yeah, you're right, the Corroseum is THE place where all the important 80s underground stuff gets 'completely slain' :?
Nice to see you to agree in this point. The CD posts need to be reduced drastically or you need to change the credo of this forum.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Sorry people.
It's quite embarrasing the way this forum turns out the last few days.

I thought I was dealing with grown up, intelligent people.
I thought we were ONE.

However it looks like discussions turn out to childish blabla.

If this continues I'm outta here.
Lama

Post by Lama »

Concerning Death : I like all Death-albums (and lots of people actually do, you know), can't choose which one is the best (although I have soft spots for "Scream..." and "Individual..."). If that makes me a poser in your eyes, so be it. Happy to be a poser then! :D

I'm so sorry that I missed the HUGE and ongoing battle between CDF and VF. It must be exxxtremely important for you!! Who's winning? Who cares? Someone with to much spare time I guess :? I collect both. Makes me an even bigger poser for sure!

Dude, your whole 'us vs. them'-thing is boring me. Get a life.
Kampel Destruction
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

MetalDelight wrote:Sorry people.

I thought we were ONE.

Oh, come on. Every once in a while a dispute similar to that emerges. This happened before and it will happen in the future. And we had way more serious incidents. I think this kind of things are pretty easy to ignore. mordred and Avenger had countless quarrels about things I don't even bother to understand, yet caravan continued. Enjoy posting and don't bother about the rest. You may continue so until Administructor forgets to pay monthly fee :lol:. When that happens ...
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Prowler wrote:The CD posts need to be reduced drastically or you need to change the credo of this forum.
And there goes the "tolerance" mask...

Lets split the thread into Vinyl and CD, so I don't have to read this guy ever again.
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Noisenik wrote:
MetalDelight wrote:Sorry people.

I thought we were ONE.

Oh, come on. Every once in a while a dispute similar to that emerges. This happened before and it will happen in the future. And we had way more serious incidents. I think this kind of things are pretty easy to ignore. mordred and Avenger had countless quarrels about things I don't even bother to understand, yet caravan continued. Enjoy posting and don't bother about the rest. You may continue so until Administructor forgets to pay monthly fee :lol:. When that happens ...
Discussions KEEP this forum interesting, specially the(let's call them) 'childish', 'pathetic' ones are big cinema if you ask me :lol:

I mean most of the 'Insane auctions' whatsoever you saw by yourself already, 'Recent Metal Finds' are (does not mean I don't like them) just pictures of CDs, what make the forums unique in their way are the point of views, the stories and the discussions of the users itself. :)