Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Avenger wrote:I really don't care if you listen to hammerfail or not, I was joking, hence the emoticon. I believe one of the main reasons they are hated is because of all the covers they do of classic tracks to which they are then often credited for by new fans.
Yes, I know you were joking. I´m sure that anybody here on this board has an own opinion and that they do not like their music for a reason. I was more referring to a big part of the Metal scene who just follow other´s opinions without having even listened to the music :wink:
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

chatzial wrote:
Fabeldyr wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:This little obscurity arrived today;

What the hell is that?
1993 Icelandic metal compilation

@ Nightcrawler : Does this compilation only has death/grind etc. bands, my son? Any classic metal for an old guy like me?
I think at least something like 6 bands were playing in the NWOBHM style, some heavier some less and some of them with 2 songs. I have listened to it just once, so too many new bands in one time to recall them all, but Bacchus was the best one and the opener band sounded from the atmosphere a bit like Start´s "Sekur".
Actually only one band is Grindcore, one or two more Rock and I think one was Punk. All in all nothing really special, but I also did not expect it. It is more like discovering the Icelandic scene from that time....
Hope daddy is proud for my score :lol:
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Nightcrawler wrote:
chatzial wrote:
Fabeldyr wrote:
What the hell is that?
1993 Icelandic metal compilation

@ Nightcrawler : Does this compilation only has death/grind etc. bands, my son? Any classic metal for an old guy like me?
I think at least something like 6 bands were playing in the NWOBHM style, some heavier some less and some of them with 2 songs. I have listened to it just once, so too many new bands in one time to recall them all, but Bacchus was the best one and the opener band sounded from the atmosphere a bit like Start´s "Sekur".
Actually only one band is Grindcore, one or two more Rock and I think one was Punk. All in all nothing really special, but I also did not expect it. It is more like discovering the Icelandic scene from that time....
Hope daddy is proud for my score :lol:
Of course i am proud.
Just don't use the word daddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7sWtnOJvQ :lol: :lol: :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
mordred

Post by mordred »

I think Hammerf@ll is pretty OK for the most part. I got tired of them eventually so I don't have the last two albums but they have good stuff. The album "Chapter V: Unbent, unbowed, unbroken" is the best in my opinion. To my ears Hammerf@ll sound like a cross between Accept and Helloween.

The reason they are largely despised in some circles is of course that they became a little too popular and attracted a new fan base certain people didn't want to be associated with, which is ridiculous if you ask me.

I remember in 1997 when their debut album came out. Most people that had stuck it through the 90's listening to metal thought they were cool, almost the best thing since sliced bread. They had melodies, big choruses, classic riffing, discernable lyrics and a knight in armour on the cover when nobody else did any of that, so it was 100 % scene approved. And they had a Warlord cover on that first album which was proof they had the right influences and knowledge.

Then fast forward just a year or so Hammerf@ll had more or less started a new movement. Lots of teenagers that had not stuck it through the 90's listening to metal started liking Hammerf@ll and sort of came into metal that way. They did not necessarily know who Warlord were or realize "Child of the Damned" was not a Hammerf@ll song. Somehow that made a lot of people think the band was no longer 100 % scene approved or anywhere close. This is how it went, at least in Sweden.

I'm not sure, maybe their music was a little too lacklustre in the long run, but I'm thinking that if they would just have released the first album and on a small indie label and then quit, surely they would have achieved some kind of cult status today.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
humus

Post by humus »

chatzial wrote:Propably most metallers consider Hamerfall to be "not true" because they were death metal (or "extreme metal") musicians before (Ceremonial Oath etc.).
Come on, even in the narrow-minded death metal scene no-one slaggs off Ceremonial oath despite their involvement in Hammerfall later on. 8)

Now playing: Ceremonial oath EP
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

7" week it seems and it's not even over yet ...

(Karrier) (Torn Orphan)
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I have no idea what it would be like to be able to buy more records every single week.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

chatzial wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote: You are one more example that the older (I am not saying old :wink: ) generation actually does like them!
First MEXDefenderOfSteel says that he wishes he had a father like me.
Now you.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: !!! oh man, this turned out all wrong ha!

on topic:

Nechros Christos - Doom of the occult CD(big trauma over this album lately)
Stormchild - Maiden Voyage LP HRR
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

daniel wrote:I have no idea what it would be like to be able to buy more records every single week.
Few of them were still bought in mid December, just needed 1,5 months to arrive ... but most of them had "throw-out prices".
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Prowler wrote:7" week it seems and it's not even over yet ...

(Karrier) (Torn Orphan)

Do you like that TORN ORPHAN?
Speedeceiver

Post by Speedeceiver »

The white label is a test press of my bands EP
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Speedeceiver wrote:The white label is a test press of my bands EP
What Scorpions single is this (Klaus Meine: best vocalist evah 8) )?
What's your band's name (any links to yt, fb or ms?)?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Got Havoc - The Grip for 40€ today. Noone wanted it here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/321058757970?nma ... _cvip=true
so I contacted the seller and got it cheaper. Another proof that this is not a 150+ or even a 80+ $ CD.
Troma

Post by Troma »

Heathen wrote:Got Havoc - The Grip for 40€ today. Noone wanted it here:
so I contacted the seller and got it cheaper. Another proof that this is not a 150+ or even a 80+ $ CD.
this copy went for 8€ on another more obscure german marketplace. The guy you got it from resold it, he got lots of gems very cheap...at least I could grap Wrath - Nothing To Fear for 10€ 8)
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Got Havoc - The Grip for 40€ today. Noone wanted it here:
Not everyone bought everything they have in todays market.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."