Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Prowler wrote: Huh, you think those 3 Euros will kill me?
Coherency, this unknown :lol:

3 euros are still 3 more than anybody would pay for a complete 'crap' ... how much is it a sum that "kills you" then ? Did you ever buy something crappy (in your opinion, of course) for, say, 50 euro ? More ?

Anyway, in the end, we could also respect each other tastes, no ? :)

And let's not start again with CDs lame jokes (because they are not funny at all, as I see them more like personal attacks) :wink:
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I'm a metalhead since 1987 but I prefer CDs over vinyl (mainly for practical reasons). As a matter of fact I buy 95%-5% Cds-vinyl. And i'm not ashamed at all!!

C'mon CD brothers!!! Let's make a CD pride parade to declare with loud and clear voice that we are proud to be CD lovers and noone can intimidate us and silence this voice!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Metal Delight: Dude you seem like a nice guy but don't be too sensitive and take all this shit too seriously. Corroseum was always the place of elite-jerks who think they are better than the rest because they ____________ (put whatever you want) and you don't!! Why bother?? You only have to tolerate them few minutes a day in controlled conditions. Imagine and feel symphathy for the ones that are forced to actually live with them!! :lol:
lox

Post by lox »

Priamos wrote:Let's make a CD pride parade
And don't you dare to forget the rainbow flags! :lol:

But seriously: sure, CD's are more practical. But music should not be practical and easy to consume fast food. With this argument, every physical release becomes obsolete.

Back on topic: @Prowler: Make a scan of that Macbeth demotape! It's terrible munich disco hard rock but those tits are adorable it seems!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

MetalDelight wrote:
I thought I was dealing with grown up, intelligent people.
I thought we were ONE.
To answer the second first: We are not. We are bunch of egoists with variety of agendas. Primarily we are HM hunters. This forum was established for that aim. Then, we hunt other things as well. :lol: We compete many times. As such we cannot be ONE. But this forum can still satisfy plenty of our needs. So it's worth participating here. To answer the italicized: In general ppl here are quite intelligent, quite grown up, but this can go unnoticed bcs of what I wrote about bolded statement.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

lox wrote:

But seriously: sure, CD's are more practical. But music should not be practical and easy to consume fast food. With this argument, every physical release becomes obsolete.
My point of view is:
Vinyl: Best sound quality (for rock/metal etc) and captures better the full creational vision of the artist but not practical at all.
CDs: Lower sound quality, but you still can enjoy the album as a whole (music, artwork, lyrics etc) in a much more practical format. As a matter of fact ,if you want music to be part of your everyday life and you are not content with having the LP locked and sealed somewhere and listen from you tube instead , CD is the format that gives the best of both worlds.
MP3: 100% practical but hardly gives justice to the full experience a music album represents.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Priamos wrote:I'm a metalhead since 1987 but I prefer CDs over vinyl (mainly for practical reasons). As a matter of fact I buy 95%-5% Cds-vinyl. And i'm not ashamed at all!!
We can look upon this from more than one aspect:
I too consider cds to be a practical things. And I consider vinyls a ritual things. I'm buying both. As for whether they are serious things, it could be said neither of them are, esp. as something not to f@ck about, as Trigger said.
Priamos wrote: C'mon CD brothers!!! Let's make a CD pride parade to declare with loud and clear voice that we are proud to be CD lovers and noone can intimidate us and silence this voice!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm looking forward to witness that. Could be very interesting.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Noisenik wrote:
I'm looking forward to witness that. Could be very interesting.
C'mon don't be a prude!! :P What do you mean "witness"??? Join us!!! :lol: If you buy Cds you'll never be accepted as equal by the vinyl-boys!!! Only we can accept you the way you are!!!

PS. Ha,ha...I made all this silly fun to show that the whole issue is totally stupid. Who gives a shit what some guys I don't even know believe?? As long as they don't cross the line and become really offensive (which didn't happen in this paricular conversation), they can say and believe whatever they want. I don't need approval by noone of what I'm doing. This was more of a humorous message to all the "sensitive" guys to chill out and relax and don't take everything personally.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

That's me. :P I guess you could do it and wonder how you would do it. But join I will not. Of course I buy cds - there are plenty that don't have vinyl counterpart, esp. from 90's. Acceptance and equality do not interest me in this particular case and moment.

Well, you still have to ask "government" for permission, you have to tear through thick pack of fyches, and bureaucracy is slow here as well :twisted: :wink: :lol:
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

OZ - Turn the Cross upside down 12" - €17 off discogs :P
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
msp

Post by msp »

Repulsion / Carcass - Split lp
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

msp wrote:Repulsion / Carcass - Split lp
This? http://www.discogs.com/Repulsion-Carcas ... ter/543840
Hard to see the point of the Repulsion side.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
humus

Post by humus »

There is a new bootleg out with live recordings of Repulsion and Carcass at the Neurotic deathfest earlier this year, probably msp bought that one?

I'm supposed to get my copy this weekend. Looking forward to this because I was there at both gigs and it's always a bit 'special' to have a bootleg of a concert you attended.
msp

Post by msp »

humus wrote:There is a new bootleg out with live recordings of Repulsion and Carcass at the Neurotic deathfest earlier this year, probably msp bought that one?
Yes.. This is the one I have
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

2 plus 2 is AOR, I seemed to read somewhere here in the forum that u did not liked AOR