Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

[quote="MetalDelight"]It indeed is! :wink:[/quote

Congratulations! The cover artwork caught my attention :wink: ,underrated band.
Had a reissue cd?
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Parcas Sangrientas wrote:
MetalDelight wrote:It indeed is! :wink:
Congratulations! The cover artwork caught my attention :wink: ,underrated band.
Had a reissue cd?
To my knowledge there is no (legit) reissue on cd.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lox wrote:That LIMERICK 7'': Any better than their lame hard rock LP? The german lyrics did not help the album either, I assume this time it's sung in english, so?
No, not better, but sounds completely different. More 70's Hard Rock, but pretty fat production. Yes, both trax are sung in english. They should have done that on the LP too. On the same label as the Snakebite 7" ... never seen before.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
lox

Post by lox »

Prowler wrote:More 70's Hard Rock, but pretty fat production. Yes, both trax are sung in english. They should have done that on the LP too. On the same label as the Snakebite 7" ... never seen before.
thx, the band is acting live again:
http://www.pirmasenser-zeitung.de/nachr ... staerkung/

seems they were the biggest rock band in Pirmasens back then. Well, that says not much. Or even nothing. :)

Surprisingly someone uploaded one track already (band member probably):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETfUZpte2Lo

very krauty
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

I grabbed these items today.. :)

MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Fack!
That was a good hunt! :)
Congratz!!!

Makes me wanna go out and look for shops!
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

thrashidolatry wrote:I grabbed these items today.. :)

Great finds. But I'm sorry to say, my Aftermath demo has a glossy cover and is a pro cassette....But prior to that, I got one that looked like yours, xeroxed cover and a Fuji cassette. So maybe both versions are official?
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Nightcrawler wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:I grabbed these items today.. :)
Great finds. But I'm sorry to say, my Aftermath demo has a glossy cover and is a pro cassette....But prior to that, I got one that looked like yours, xeroxed cover and a Fuji cassette. So maybe both versions are official?
Yeah, I'm puzzled about that Aftermath-cassette as well.. :?
Maybe just traded back in the day (self-made)
lox

Post by lox »

thrashidolatry wrote: Maybe just traded back in the day (self-made)
There is always the possibility that the band itself made some later copies, have the same problem with a Mad Butcher tape, but you will never know for sure.

The original Exumer looked something like that, sadly it was widely dubbed and sold last years:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/5zpqh4.jpg
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

lox wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote: Maybe just traded back in the day (self-made)
There is always the possibility that the band itself made some later copies, have the same problem with a Mad Butcher tape, but you will never know for sure.

The original Exumer looked something like that, sadly it was widely dubbed and sold last years:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/5zpqh4.jpg
Yeah, doesn't make a big difference for me, got them for peanuts anyway (bonus for the CD's) 8)
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Three nice cd's from bargain bins.
Couldn't resist snatching them.

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

you've been an active part of the metal scene for the past 20 years, but looking at the current rate of your purchases alone I would be forgiven to think that you've spent these years somewhere at the end of the world without access to internet and music shops ;)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Cool :)
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Heathen wrote:you've been an active part of the metal scene for the past 20 years, but looking at the current rate of your purchases alone I would be forgiven to think that you've spent these years somewhere at the end of the world without access to internet and music shops ;)
Well part of it is actually true :lol:
I visit live shows from the early 80ties.
I come from a rather big family, there never was lot's of money to spend on music.
When I started to earn my first own money (delivering papers etc.) I started buying records. At that time it was regular stuff. Part of it became rare over the years.

The last years I did not care much for cd's. I had a nice collection of vinyls which gave me enough listening pleasure. However lately I have been looking for nice music that I simply missed in the eighties/nineties. Did some research and found out about all the cool bands/cd's that I missed and it's prices!!That's when I started to look for this stuff. Fortunately there's quite some shops in Holland and I simply was lucky to find the stuff I posted here. I'm developing a kind of collectors disease :-)
Last edited by MetalDelight on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

MetalDelight wrote:I'm developing a kind of collectors disease :-)
Oh, we all have that disease you mention. :lol:

In my case, I'm lucky to be a student with low budget, otherwise I'd throw all my money out for these nasty CD's :D