Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote:need that Sparto record!!

what are those Surprises, Reforger and Tod records?
Surprises is german mid 80's AOR(strange label Mombi Records), there's also a same titled 7" available that only features 2 soft songs from this album, so the LP is prefered if you wanna check them out (both LP and 7" are 1 Euro purchases).

Reforger is german private Hard Rock ('82) with a few hints towards Heavy Metal. The Priest cover "Breaking the law" gives a good hint of which music they liked, as the whole album has that "British steel" touch which I consider not one of Priest's great phases. The entire album was sung in german ...

What do you mean with Tod?? There's no Tod LP on the pics ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:need that Sparto record!!

what are those Surprises, Reforger and Tod records?
What do you mean with Tod?? There's no Tod LP on the pics ...
I think he meant the Jon [something] - Lady Macbeth LP. (Jon kinda looks like "TOD" if you're not used to the font.)
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

yeah Jon [something] - Lady Macbeth

Reforger already found on ebay, but its good or not?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Aaaahhh ... yes, now I see. It's Jon Symon's Warlock "Lady Macbeth" from 84, german Prog/Hard Rock with some epic songs, a few Metal influences too. But 2 or 3 songs are plain Rock music. As far as I know there must be playing musicians of several 70's german Kraut Rock acts like JANE etc., not entirely bad music, though I guess the lyrics are more Metal than the music. lol
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Cyrcka wrote: Reforger already found on ebay, but its good or not?
My copy was much cheaper than the one up on ebay that I was watching since months (in the beginning he wanted 49 Euros!) and as for your question, I'd say don't burn your fingers. If you like Priest in their "British steel" era which I absolutely don't like, you may try Reforger but on the other hand my personal taste is so bad if I see most Corro members worshiping bands such as Kuster, Dwarr etc. that you absolutely should not trust me when I say this band sounds boring! I can only say I would not buy it for 10 Euros again ... absolutely not essential.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote: Reforger already found on ebay, but its good or not?
My copy was much cheaper than the one up on ebay that I was watching since months (in the beginning he wanted 49 Euros!) and as for your question, I'd say don't burn your fingers. If you like Priest in their "British steel" era which I absolutely don't like, you may try Reforger but on the other hand my personal taste is so bad if I see most Corro members worshiping bands such as Kuster, Dwarr etc. that you absolutely should not trust me when I say this band sounds boring! I can only say I would not buy it for 10 Euros again ... absolutely not essential.

ahaha i like all Priest stuff till painkiller (less ram it down), my fave JP era are the 70s. And i don´t like dwarr or kuster, but what i read from your comments here you have a little strange tastes, u like more melodic stuff or extreme stuff. Well if i see a cheap copy of reforger maybe i will buy it.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I think "Defenders of the faith" and "Painkiller" are the only Priest albums that I like. They are quite heavy on these. "Ram it down" has 2 cool Metal trax and the rest, I the hell don't know what they wanted to tell us with this music (pre-Industrial Metal??). Anyway, the problem with Reforger despite wearing bullet belts and leather jackets was mainly that they had that poor production with thin half distorted Schrammel-guitars. The album would sound much heavier with a real guitar sound. I'll rip the LP in near future, need to listen to so much new stuff now. Perhaps next week I'll add a rip here.
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Prowler wrote:Schrammel-guitars
:lol:

I'm sure this term is not being understood outside of Germany.
A rip would be very nice though.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Some new adds from over the last few weeks.
Paid very decent prices.

Panacea- Is it a human cd €2.50 sealed copy

lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

SYLENT TYGER - Desparate Living Full-Lenght Tape album 1991
REQUIEM - Earthquake CD
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

MetalDelight wrote:Some new adds from over the last few weeks.
Paid very decent prices.

Panacea- Is it a human cd €2.50 sealed copy

Cool stuff- Turbo, Hirax, Destructor...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

October was a great month for me personally.
Found some great cd's and two of them carried a little story.
The cd's I'm talking about are both Hexenhaus cd's.
I bought "Awakening" the day it was released in 1991. Some months later I traded it for some other cd with a friend of mine. Early october I bought it back from that same friend. Finally after 22 years Hexenhaus' Awakening is back home again :D

I knew that back in '97, in the same store were I bought Awakening in '91, they had Dejavoodoo sitting on the shelves. I did not visit that store in years, but when I did visit the store last october, the cd was still sitting there. This felt like some kind of destiny, the Hexenhaus cd's needed to be together. Speaking of Dejavoodoo!
Bought it for a decent price and now both cd's sit next to each other in my house.

I bought the other cd's in 2nd hand stores and from some relatives.

All in good condition, originals and paid decent prices, love 'em.

Hoping to have such a good month anytime soon again :wink:

nabel

Post by nabel »

LUZBEL - Pasaporte al Infierno LP

Almost better than the record were El Santo stamps!
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

This afternoon:

Suiciety- The Stratey Of hate
Mottek- Fatal Violence

Image[/url]