Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:With how many cash are you guys going to a festival? 1500 Euros? 500 for the travel/food/room and 1000 for records? :lol:
And 2 x Thor (the weak one) ... another proof that this record isn't as rare as most want to claim. How did you both pay for it?
Evo is a killer heavy album for 1983 though! Su Ta Gar is a ripper too, but Redeemer ... similar to Zen Venom (not musically), everybody want a copy but musically it's just average or in case of Zen Venom even below average.
Zen Venom and Redeemer are better then most of the AOR shit you try to champion around here at times.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Avenger wrote:
Prowler wrote:With how many cash are you guys going to a festival? 1500 Euros? 500 for the travel/food/room and 1000 for records? :lol:
And 2 x Thor (the weak one) ... another proof that this record isn't as rare as most want to claim. How did you both pay for it?
Evo is a killer heavy album for 1983 though! Su Ta Gar is a ripper too, but Redeemer ... similar to Zen Venom (not musically), everybody want a copy but musically it's just average or in case of Zen Venom even below average.
Zen Venom and Redeemer are better then most of the AOR shit you try to champion around here at times.
Please specify, as I've just a few AOR albums in my shelves. Zen Venom is a piece of crap. Most Aussie Metal vinyls are basically boring or nothing special.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

mordred wrote: I paid 100 for the Thor record. It's certainly not as rare as it used to be which is reflected in the price. Maybe the price will go down even more if the supply lasts but that you never know.
For a dealers price it's quite "ok". Usually dealers ask more as you have to pay at ebay. I just wonder why their better first album doesn't reaches that price? Is the cover artwork really THAT important?
Not sure who wanted a Vortex but a "Metal bats" was just recently (not even 2 weeks) up on Ebay for an ok price. Could have been even a buy-now auction ...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Prowler wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Please specify, as I've just a few AOR albums in my shelves. Zen Venom is a piece of crap.
That's your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. For me it's a killer one. And you sure as hell don't post the heaviest shit around in those photos of yours.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Please specify, as I've just a few AOR albums in my shelves. Zen Venom is a piece of crap. Most Aussie Metal vinyls are basically boring or nothing special.
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... c&start=15
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Also when dealing with chebanana privately he won't even let you knock off a single euro of the price. He will just ignore any attempt you make. Learned my lesson the expensive way :(
wom

Post by wom »

Gave me a discount a few times, but he strongly dislikes it :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Zen Venom rules. If y'all think it's crap, I'll take it off your hands, no problem!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Nasty Uwe wrote:
Khnud wrote:A few singles I bought recently:

Isn't FUTURE SOUTH one of those super-duper-mega-hyper-rare-never-seen-before singles?
Great music though, i really enjoyed that one song Glockose once posted somewhere on this board.
somehow related to this:
Future South auction?
Just curious
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

emperor.zola wrote:
Nasty Uwe wrote:

Isn't FUTURE SOUTH one of those super-duper-mega-hyper-rare-never-seen-before singles?
Great music though, i really enjoyed that one song Glockose once posted somewhere on this board.
somehow related to this:
Future South auction?
Just curious
To emperor.zola : you are a great invastigator!!!
To Khnud : and you are a great hunter!!!!
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Warepire wrote:Also when dealing with chebanana privately he won't even let you knock off a single euro of the price. He will just ignore any attempt you make. Learned my lesson the expensive way :(
I have never had this issue.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Avenger wrote:
Prowler wrote:
Avenger wrote:
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... c&start=15
Haha, I knew you'd come up with Blind owl. BUT it's not AOR! It's Melodic Metal and slays everything, if you'd send me a link where I said that Vera Crus is a nice LP I'd would have agreed, it's AOR but musically over the top and much better for example a Zen Venom.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

ION BRITTON wrote:
That's your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. For me it's a killer one. And you sure as hell don't post the heaviest shit around in those photos of yours.
Well, I could change that anytime I want as my shelfs do include at 70 % only Thrash/Death and Black Metal Vinyls (though I sold most of the post 90's BM crap as it's just boring). The point is how many guys here do care for rare Death Metal or Black Metal Vinyls? And rare Thrash stuff, well you could find maybe 30-40 indie LP's that are considered "rare" and some of them are Crossover. Truth is here there's just the ultra expensive US stuff wanted. Some spanish and russian LP's maybe but that's it. :wink:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Nasty Uwe wrote:

Who said this? Alone this month I've seen 2 copies at ebay and one from last week I think that wasn't even sold. And it's price was about 25 $ only. Maybe a new stock was found. Surely more copies will turn up soon.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Until recently there was only one known copy of Future South in collector's hands (glockose posted one here a few years ago, he might have sold it since). A few weeks back, three more copies turned up, all by the same seller who found them at a garage sale. One of the copies is the one in my image above. One sold at $35, one at $37 and one at $46. All three picture sleeves look identical, with a sticker top right and a hole in the middle. Record is near mint, or at least mine was.

There's another copy on ebay right now in much worse condition (VG+/G), sold by a completely different seller, from an entirely different state. So that makes the total number of copies "known" a total of five. To sum it up, it's still a very, very rare item that sold relatively cheap just now due to the wear on the picture sleeves, due to the fact that it's listed under rock, and due to it being quite unknown. You can hear the clip glockose posted here a while ago and decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

Edit: Oh well, here's the thread: http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpBB2/view ... f5533fb425

Prowler: is this yet another attempt to try and downplay the rarity/value/interest in items you're looking for? ;-)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight