Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

speaking of bargains, it's a pity that user:slayerhatesusall stopped posting here, as he had a real knack for bargains. I only get one or two from time to time...
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Helstar wrote:You too ?! Oh boy :lol:

While we are at it ... this photo was actually shot many months ago but never posted it here ^^

Now you know why I was surprised for Iceland (got it for peanuts... and it was there, unsold, for WEEKS !)
I saw that one in a list too really cheap..When I finally asked for it, it was gone. I don't remember where it was though??
Lama

Post by Lama »

Did some shopping before Vitus started playing...

VOIE DE FAIT - "Ange Ou Démon" LP (for free!)
ACCEPT - "Russian Roulette" LP
A II Z - "No Fun After Midnight" 12" (red vinyl)
DEATHWISH - "Demon Preacher" LP

Got SODOM's "One Night In Bangkok" 2CD as a gift from a friend.
Kampel Destruction
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Avenger wrote: What year is this album actually from? I have heard many different release dates.
if you look on signature it seems to be '95. maybe recorded earlyer but release is from '95 than?
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Got these stuff last 10 days:

Witchfynde - Give em Hell 7'' (Gift from Traitor/Mario, thank you pal!!)
Stonehenge - Catz Eyes 7'' (Thanks Chatzial!)
Wizzy Blaze - So Many Days 7'' promo/demo made in 50 copies, swedish melodic metal

Vintage original shirts (except for exodus):

Exodus die by their hands (parking lot bootleg)
Virgin Steele U.S. metal tour
Motorhead england muscleshirt
Chariot warrior muscleshirt
H-bomb coup de metal rave on records shirt
Mercyful Fate melissa
Mercyful Fate nuns... (after research, apparently one of the very first shirts they ever did)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Saw one of those Wizzy Blaze promo singles once. If I knew it only existed in 50 copies, I would have bought it. Nice find.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:MA 1994, MS and Discogs 1990

Where did you see 91 and 93 ? :)

Btw, this is what Romain wrote about this cd in an old auction "ICELAND s/t ORIG'94 CD LOUDBLAST AGRESSOR MASSACRA ADX - Description: CD released in 1994 by the tiny French label Melody Studio (their only release) and distributed in France exclusively by Hard Stuff, a division of média7 (cat #MELCD1)"

But then I am seeing he talked about the cd also here on Corro, in 2009:

"ICELAND - Iceland
Melody Studio - 1990 (MELCD1) - EX/EX
VERY RARE FRENCH THRASH METAL A LA NO RETURN"

The auction comes 1 year later, maybe he happened to notice the IFPI codes ^^; (and maybe even listened to it as there is almost nothing like No Return !)
I saw the different years on various sale lists or blogs and such that had the album for download back many years ago.

I'm thinking 1994 is the most probable answer as well.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:speaking of bargains, it's a pity that user:slayerhatesusall stopped posting here, as he had a real knack for bargains. I only get one or two from time to time...
He still posts on the metal archives boards where he seems to get more praise.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote: He still posts on the metal archives boards where he seems to get more praise.
Even for the Frank Zappa collection ?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
Heathen wrote:speaking of bargains, it's a pity that user:slayerhatesusall stopped posting here, as he had a real knack for bargains. I only get one or two from time to time...
He still posts on the metal archives boards where he seems to get more praise.
I love it when people with similar interests post their finds (especially when I am looking for them too) as it gives you a nice kick and motivation :) Some posts of finds from like within a month last year were unbelievable.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Avenger wrote:

Btw, this is what Romain wrote about this cd in an old auction "ICELAND s/t ORIG'94 CD LOUDBLAST AGRESSOR MASSACRA ADX - Description: CD released in 1994 by the tiny French label Melody Studio (their only release) and distributed in France exclusively by Hard Stuff, a division of média7 (cat #MELCD1)"

"ICELAND - Iceland

The auction comes 1 year later, maybe he happened to notice the IFPI codes ^^; (and maybe even listened to it as there is almost nothing like No Return !)
I saw the different years on various sale lists or blogs and such that had the album for download back many years ago.

as i said on artwork signature writes '95 if i can see well, so...

and received today one another great french cd
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

®O©O wrote:
Avenger wrote:

"ICELAND - Iceland

as i said on artwork signature writes '95 if i can see well, so...
Okay, then that would be the answer I am looking for.

Thanks.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

I still post on this forum sometimes, but I got a bit lazy at looking for bargains and burnt out on metal and haven't looked for rare metal cd bargains for a while. Got plenty of great non metal cds dirt cheap but this is the recent metal finds thread after all so didn't post em here. Really gotta sell some of my rare metal cds one of these days, many of them are just sitting on the shelf not getting much if any play.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

Helstar wrote:
Avenger wrote: He still posts on the metal archives boards where he seems to get more praise.
Even for the Frank Zappa collection ?
I sometimes post on metal archives but haven't posted on the purchases thread for like 2 months. And yes I got some compliments on my Zappa collection there.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Nice, open minded people ! (link ?)