Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

At least he had the balls to post it here, I hadn't the balls to post a pic of that Black'n'Blue Lp that I bought too in the past weeks and other poser stuff that I "perhaps" bought in the past months. Fortunately noone will ever find that out ... lol
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Avenger wrote:Hammerfail records are forbidden to be posted here :wink:
I did expect such a reaction :lol: It was the first picture that I uploaded on imageshack but I did not want to put it on the first place as the provocation might have been too big :wink:

Seriously, I don´t understand why they are so hated...I always thought that most of the hatred was coming from the underground fans who were hating everything that was on Nuclear Blast....Actually most of the people that I know that listen to Metal since the 80s say that HF is great....Imo musically they are 100 times heavier than for instance In Soliutde. Plus they started when HM was dead....so nothing wrong with them for me, so let the hammer fall!!! :lol:
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

I personally consider the first 3 H@mmerFall Albums Classics!
Powerful Steel!
Nothing wrong with that Renegade LP! KILLER ALBUM!
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Prowler wrote:At least he had the balls to post it here, I hadn't the balls to post a pic of that Black'n'Blue Lp that I bought too in the past weeks and other poser stuff that I "perhaps" bought in the past months. Fortunately noone will ever find that out ... lol
No, I wouldn´t have the balls to post Black n Blue either :lol:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Seriously the first Black'n'Blue isn't that bad. It's rather cool Hair Metal with good songs. Most private raries that cost you 50 $ aren't half as good as them.

As for Hammerfall, it's pretty cheesy stuff. I don't like that retro Power Metal full of cliche's just in case to sound total old school Metal but the posing is in the end the main attraction. It's just too much.
Last edited by Prowler on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
GJ

Post by GJ »

I found an old Swedish thrash (?) ep at a flea market the other day: Epedemic - Futuredoom. Pretty dull stuff, but I rarely find anything these days so it'll have to do. :cry: At least it was in mint condition and pretty cheap (about 3 euros).
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Propably most metallers consider Hamerfall to be "not true" because they were death metal (or "extreme metal") musicians before (Ceremonial Oath etc.).

To me their first LP was in of the best metal releases of the '90s.
And like it or not their success helped many power metal bands.

P.S.: Don't feel ashamed for liking the Black n Blue. Many metallers hide a poser inside them :wink:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Prowler wrote:Seriously the first Black'n'Blue isn't that bad. It's rather cool Hair Metal with good songs. Most private raries that cost you 50 $ aren't half as good as them.

As for my gay lover, it's pretty cheesy stuff. I don't like that retro Power Metal full of cliche's just in case to sound total old school Metal but the posing is in the end the main attraction. It's just too much.
I have to say that I probably don´t know Black N Blue´s first album. I listened to one of their albums, which I did not like at all :wink:

As for H@mmerfall, I´m one of those who doesn´t put such an importance on lyrics. I think that their lyrics are not so exaggerated and more like classic Metal lyrics...I also don´t like todays Power Metal but I think that they are not a typical Power Metal band, more like a mix with classic HMas they do have mostly real riffs and energy. I must admit I have ignored them for many years as well but 1-2 years ago, I listened to their first 3 albums again, and I really liked them. Maybe you should try them again and you might also start liking them like I did :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCl9X-4UDVM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1wtsX7uwes
Last edited by Nightcrawler on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

chatzial wrote:Propably most metallers consider Hamerfall to be "not true" because they were death metal (or "extreme metal") musicians before (Ceremonial Oath etc.).

To me their first LP was in of the best metal releases of the '90s.
And like it or not their success helped many power metal bands.
You are one more example that the older (I am not saying old :wink: ) generation actually does like them!
I also thought that this might be one of the reasons for the hatred. But then Portrait, In Solitude or Armour are also coming from the extreme Metal as well and are accepted, and apart from Portrait one can really hear this.
I think that the hatred started mainly from people that also listened mainly to extreme Metal, as they were signed by Nuclear Blast, who were having only extreme Metal bands before and also were accused for destroying the underground scene, etc. I think so because I hardly heard a bad word from anyone, who listened only to HM all life...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

This little obscurity arrived today;

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I really don't care if you listen to hammerfail or not, I was joking, hence the emoticon. I believe one of the main reasons they are hated is because of all the covers they do of classic tracks to which they are then often credited for by new fans.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Nightcrawler wrote:This little obscurity arrived today;

What the hell is that?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Nightcrawler wrote: You are one more example that the older (I am not saying old :wink: ) generation actually does like them!
First MEXDefenderOfSteel says that he wishes he had a father like me.
Now you.... :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Fabeldyr wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:This little obscurity arrived today;

What the hell is that?
1993 Icelandic metal compilation

@ Nightcrawler : Does this compilation only has death/grind etc. bands, my son? Any classic metal for an old guy like me?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
daniel

Post by daniel »

I don't care one bit what the guys in HF did prior to that band, I just don't like their music for what it is, and they will always be one of the beacons of this typical overly clean modern Power Metal style, I can't even take that music seriously, even if at times they don't even sound -that- far off from some music I like. A few months ago I actually bought some live VHS of theirs because it was 1e, haven't watched any of it yet.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.