New ebay terms to prevent ending auctions early

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
msp

Post by msp »

Good. The amount of times I have had items in my watch list only to have them disappear because the seller ended it early.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

the fee depends on the price at the moment. so if seller want to cancel the auction because the current bid is too low than he expect, the fee is also very low.
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

mordred wrote:Why don't they just disable the possibility of ending an auction prematurely?
Because if they do, they will have no profit on that.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Herkus Monte wrote:
mordred wrote:Why don't they just disable the possibility of ending an auction prematurely?
Because if they do, they will have no profit on that.
If the auction sells instead of ending prematurely they will...
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

I am seriously considering stopping listing of items on ebay.com. First they take 10% of the final price AND of the shipping price, then they take further 5% when item is paid by PayPal. But this is not all, they f****ng keep hold of your money for 3 weeks until they make it available! I think this is outrageous.

But I am not going to stop selling on ebay, that would be stupid. Local eBay sites have much better terms. on ebay.pl the final value fee is 2.5% and the money is available right away.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Damn I should start selling on ebay.pl :lol:

I've mostly switched to discogs, if I do sell on ebay i've stopped offering international shipping on cheap records (you pay more fees on the shipping than the damn record itself). It really is a fucked up policy.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

even discogs charges 8% fee...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I got that 21 days block bullshit too, early this year (if I remember well). Zero disputes and all perfect feedbacks mean nothing for them ...
So I sent some messages to the paypal customer care saying that I was going to stop using paypal and offer skrill/google checkout/bank transfer/everything else, the first time it made no difference (another payment was blocked again), the second time no block anymore ! :)
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

PayPal and Ebay fees are completely retarded and ridiculous. In the end they are even the same org. I hate it, that's why I stopped selling via Ebay.
And just like one of you mentioned, the time you have to wait for your money is just insanity.

In this matter IBAN is a better choice.

I do believe that trading/selling through places like the Corroseum is a much better alternative.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

But only on ebay you can get high money (even 800$+) for top rarities/sought after cds like Incursion Dementa ^^ even after paying all those fees it's still more than what you can get privately (I think).

Do you think I would have obtained 800$ for Tarrasque outside ebay ? The best offer I had was 100$ :?
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

I only used Ebay once to sell a copy of Incursion Dementa simply because I needed the money back then. I don't know about you but I don't have these kind of cd's for sale each week ;-)

However it was simply a hassle to go through.
Well, a couple of months ago PayPal froze my account. Some moron sent me a wrong emailadress so I canceled the transaction. That was a reason for PayPal to freeze my account and let me sent pics of personal data. Well, good for them, that was it. PayPal exit.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

So with your first sentence you are basicly confirming that yes, to sell high priced cds ebay is still the best choose :)

I don't think I've understood what happened with the wrong email address instead... ?
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

I bought a vinyl on the bay and wanted to finish the transaction by paying via his PayPal data. I did, and the money was taken off my account. However this guy said he did not receive it. So I go, "check your data please". He returns; "I'm very sorry I added the wrong emailadress, I misspelled".
So that's when I canceled the transaction because the money was taken off.

Next thing that happens is that my account got frozen.

Oh yes, and the seller decided to charge me €5,- more for shipping :-)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The system has blocked again a payment for 21 days. This is really really stupid ... sent another message to the customer care saying I'm gonna leave them for Skrill or Google Checkout. Let's see if it works again ^^
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

How about bitcoin :D