How much does XY LP / CD cost? (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Cool, thanks. I will keep my eye out.
humus

Post by humus »

Dark - Sex 'n death CD

I know it's pretty rare and I'm picking it up for cheap from a friend, so I know I'm doing a good deal. But I have no clue exactly how rare this one is. Not interested in selling by the way! Just want to know.
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

humus wrote:Dark - Sex 'n death CD

I know it's pretty rare and I'm picking it up for cheap from a friend, so I know I'm doing a good deal. But I have no clue exactly how rare this one is. Not interested in selling by the way! Just want to know.
it's RARE :lol:

Find a copy last year with a trade, one of the scarce and lost gem of Czech metal ever. Congratulations!
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Luck, indeed. I lucked out on my sealed Matakopas, dead mint and perfectly flat (thx John). But my copy of Tied to the Trax is like a roller coaster. Definitely good for system-testing, if my setup can track that record it can track anything :P
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

perishinflames wrote:Luck, indeed. I lucked out on my sealed Matakopas, dead mint and perfectly flat (thx John). But my copy of Tied to the Trax is like a roller coaster. Definitely good for system-testing, if my setup can track that record it can track anything :P
If you want to "un-warp" it this is generally the safest method:

1) Get two heavy sheets of glass big enough for an LP and make sure they are perfectly clean and that the bottom sheet has a good "glide".
2) Place the LP between them making sure it is 100% covered by the glass.
3) Leave in an open, clear space where the sun will shine, from early morning until dusk. To make sure the LP will heat up and cool down gradually.
4) Choose a day when the temperature will be between 28 and 32 C or between 83 and 89 F.

Do note that it can fail... and when it does fail, the vinyl usually gets worse.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

I have read up on all of the de-warping methods, but none seem worth it to me. If I ever come across a warped $500+ record for next to nothing, I might give it a shot. But generally I'd rather just buy another, non-warped, copy.
humus

Post by humus »

Vampallens wrote:

Find a copy last year with a trade, one of the scarce and lost gem of Czech metal ever. Congratulations!
Thanks. Actually my friend started selling his collection years ago. He had a gigantic death metal collection, all the classics but also all the crap. When I look back at it, ten years ago I could have gotten all those Thrash records & Drowned production CD's for peanuts. But I only bought vinyl back then so I walked out with common as fuck Iron maiden & Helloween LP's while he was trying to unload his Pyrexia & Antropomorphia CD's on me :lol:
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

humus wrote:
Vampallens wrote:

Thanks. Actually my friend started selling his collection years ago. He had a gigantic death metal collection, all the classics but also all the crap. When I look back at it, ten years ago I could have gotten all those Thrash records & Drowned production CD's for peanuts. But I only bought vinyl back then so I walked out with common as fuck Iron maiden & Helloween LP's while he was trying to unload his Pyrexia & Antropomorphia CD's on me :lol:
Well, I think now everything it's sold out, isn'it? In case, let me know :roll:
humus

Post by humus »

Nah, all that rare stuff is long gone. He has very little left from his original collection and has replaced it with a huge horror/gore DVD collection.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

1. ROTTREVORE - "INIQUITOUS" CD 1993
3. ALTAR/CARTILAGE - "SPLIT" CD 1992
4. NECROPHILIAC - "CHAOPULA - CITADEL OF MIRRORS" CD 1992
5. UNBOUNDED TERROR - "NEST OF AFFLICTION" CD 1992
6. PURTENANCE - "MEMBER OF IMMORTAL DAMNATION" CD 1992

These Drowned records CDs... What are their values?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The split cd and Purtenance are 120$ average, the others ... less (?)
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Rottrevore is 'up there' as well.

The common price for Decomposed - 'Hope Finally Died'?
Thanks.
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

Fabeldyr wrote:
The common price for Decomposed - 'Hope Finally Died'?
Thanks.
110% sure not this :?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Decomposed-Hope- ... 27c63a34ea
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Heathen wrote:1. ROTTREVORE - "INIQUITOUS" CD 1993
3. ALTAR/CARTILAGE - "SPLIT" CD 1992
4. NECROPHILIAC - "CHAOPULA - CITADEL OF MIRRORS" CD 1992
5. UNBOUNDED TERROR - "NEST OF AFFLICTION" CD 1992
6. PURTENANCE - "MEMBER OF IMMORTAL DAMNATION" CD 1992

These Drowned records CDs... What are their values?
These are REAL, not insane value of them:
UNBOUNDED TERROR - 40-50 euro
ALTAR/CARTILAGE - "SPLIT" - 40-60 euro
NECROPHILIAC - 50-60 euro
ROTTREVORE & PURTENANCE - 80-100 euro

Of course it pops up sometimes for less price, but it seems like these will happen less and less, but i still hope for my happy chance to buy missing Drowned Releases
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yakish I sold my Altar/Cartilage for 140$ some months ago ... (open auction no reserve)