Bargains? (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

But this wasn't shown at google. Furthermore it's Hard Rock, so the style description is wrong. :lol:
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

LethylSteel wrote:But this wasn't shown at google. Furthermore it's Hard Rock, so the style description is wrong. :lol:
Avenger wrote:Tell me what records you have that have never been mentioned on the internet before.
Websites are part of the internet. This is not just specific to google.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

The items that LethylSteel has mentioned are just mentioned in a selling list. There is no further information like what kind of music the band plays.
If the records are cheap, I also pick up such LPs. It is a great feeling when the needle falls down on an unknown record. I`m still waiting for a real discovery, and in the end I´m mostly happy that I can keep the record and not throw it away. The last time I bought such a LP was a real dissappointment again...Who could expect a Techno LP of a band called Armageddon with their album "Violence" (listed in the Heavy Metal section)? :lol:
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

there are plenty of records, especially great 7", never mentioned on the web. No point mentioning them to further an argument, it would be like pounding my head against a brick wall.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:there are plenty of records, especially great 7", never mentioned on the web. No point mentioning them to further an argument, it would be like pounding my head against a brick wall.
7" I would agree with. I remember John posting a ton that no one knew about maybe a year or two ago. Full lengths that are actually Metal, I have a tough time believeing that there are very many.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

received today Direct Touch "Rock You Til It Hurts" for 3$ :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0739846518

Not sure $90 counts as a bargain, but still a very nice price for this record.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Khnud wrote:http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0739846518

Not sure $90 counts as a bargain, but still a very nice price for this record.
Not really, with postage, insurance and customs fee you quickly cross the 120 $ mark.

Thought I'd never find a copy:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/280816785552?ssP ... 1423.l2649
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

LethylSteel wrote:Not really, with postage, insurance and customs fee you quickly cross the 120 $ mark.
Nevertheless, a few other copies sold for over $200 recently, so it's still a significantly lower price.

Insurance is optional, and I've never had to pay customs for anything bought on ebay.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Just adding the medieval price is really ok as its not only the low price but the fact he got it through bin which makes the occasion even more part of a good deal,by the way,as for the no mercy i recall mentioning on the hunting stories thread a find of three copies several years ago at only 3-4 euros each,25 euros is a good price though,cheers!!!!!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Khnud wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:Not really, with postage, insurance and customs fee you quickly cross the 120 $ mark.
Nevertheless, a few other copies sold for over $200 recently, so it's still a significantly lower price.

Insurance is optional, and I've never had to pay customs for anything bought on ebay.
Once I had a seller who ONLY shipped the record insured because he was too afraid. That really sucks ... sure the 90 $ price is cheaper than usual but not really a bargain either. That 4 Euro thing from XCEL sounds alot better and is enough reason for me to hate him.
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

Do not worry,that was many years ago,your 25 euro deal still seems great
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

There are many of such stories, once a guy told he was visiting a friend in the US and they visited a record store in Florida and his friend picked out a Villain LP for 2 $!!!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

http://www.ebay.de/itm/260949601232?ssP ... 1497.l2649

is that a normal price? i thought this was pretty rare...yeah it's a second press but from 1980.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
XCEL

Post by XCEL »

The price is not bad if you are not into hard rock and dont nees an original,although this is an lp of such enormity that having an original is really worth it,the reissue ofcourse is the rare ass deal and came in the 90's,as for the villain the story is true as the man himself is a member and has told the story in the forum