Ebay buyer trying to screw me over! help.

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
LethylSteel

Re: Ebay buyer trying to screw me over! help.

Post by LethylSteel »

Avenger wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:"Items comes in the condition like written in the auction. No refund accepted. Shipping on buyer's risk. I'm not responsible for stolen or damaged goods thru the mail. If you don't agree to these terms then don't bid!"

It's absolutely necessary nowadays since there are too many assholes around at ebay nowadays who want money back just for a little scratch on the jewel case of a 25 years old CD! :wink:
That doesn't matter.

A dispute can stilll be opened.
Well, in Germany that matters because the buyer and seller made a contract and by clicking the "place bid button" the buyer agreed to these terms. No court in Germany would give the buyer right.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

LethylSteel wrote:
Avenger wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:"Items comes in the condition like written in the auction. No refund accepted. Shipping on buyer's risk. I'm not responsible for stolen or damaged goods thru the mail. If you don't agree to these terms then don't bid!"

It's absolutely necessary nowadays since there are too many assholes around at ebay nowadays who want money back just for a little scratch on the jewel case of a 25 years old CD! :wink:
That doesn't matter.

A dispute can stilll be opened.
Well, in Germany that matters because the buyer and seller made a contract and by clicking the "place bid button" the buyer agreed to these terms. No court in Germany would give the buyer right.
Every single seller that has anything listed about shipping at the buyers own risk is actually breaking ebay terms of service. In fact, when you list an auction with such terms in the item description box you'll get a warning in red letters stating that such phrases are not allowed before the listing is created. The system still allows the listing to be posted but it does give a warning. I'm not stating that this is morally right but the way ebay sees it the seller is responsible to ensure that the buyer receives the package regardless the circumstances. Besides, even if these service terms conflict with German law, the seller is agreeing to them by using the ebay service and would have to take the issue to court granted an issue occurred and I don't think anyone is going to waste their time going through with a lawsuit over one measly CD.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

wom wrote: PS i wouldnt accept a partial refund tho for that reason, buyer is either happy (and should keep it) or unhappy (and should return it)
I don't agree, it depends on the price imo, if it is a cheap cd, then I just issue a partial refund if thats what the buyer wants, if I sold a cd for $100 then i don't want them to keep it and give them say a $50 refund cause they could be lying just to get a refund. On the other hand, say I bought a cd for $5, and the seller says I have to return it to get a full refund and he won't give a partial refund, well that will not make me happy at all, since I have to go to the post office and package it up and lose money on gas money and possibly on return shipping. If a seller did that and refused to compromise, I would probably leave them a negative. If they are unhappy and return it, they are much more likely to leave negative feedback then if you just give them a partial refund if they asked for one.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

1- ask him to dbl-check the cd on another cd player. Some discs just will not play on some machines. An old girlfriend of mine once bought a Candlemass cd that would not play on her stereo, but played fine on everyone else's. We just traded copies and all was good.

2- If it still doesn't play or he wants to return it anyway, I'd say let him do so for a full refund.

3- You can offer to let him keep the disc at a reduced price; tell him how much you are willing to give as a partial refund. But again, if he says he wants to return it, allow him to do so, just tell him to send it registered so there's no worries about it getting lost.

Good luck sorting it out
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

wom wrote:PS i wouldnt accept a partial refund tho for that reason, buyer is either happy (and should keep it) or unhappy (and should return it)
see it the same way. moreover, acting as a seller, I wouldn't accept partial refunds at all. anyone unhappy can always return anything for full refund but partial just because of something buyer claims and could not be double-checked would floodgate doors for fraud.

on the present case, if the CD really skips, the buyer is not able to use it. if that is so that would be a reaseon for return and refund. if the buyer claims and wants to be refunded partially what sense would that make? "ok, CD is wrecked but I'll keep it anyway so give me a part of my money back.." - ?! if he says so, he is obviously trying to rip you off.

not sure if ebay/paypal would react at all but him stating he got the CD in his prior emails should protect you from refunds for not having received the item. at least that would be reasonable.. :?
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Once buyer said that he received CDs ,and he's unhappy.Wrote email that jewel cases were broken (Due "Poor package" and inlays were damaged) I asked him to provide photos.Never ever hear from him again (No actions from his side).I sent package registered and with full protection.Have no clue why these buyers act so strange sometimes...

So you just can ask to play this CD on different Players and RECORD IT ON VIDEO TAPE.