Recent Metal Finds (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Fabeldyr

Post by Fabeldyr »

Heathen wrote:
Fabeldyr wrote:Got these cds today from a local secondhand store's wintersale. Price = around 100 dollars:

Monstrosity - Imperial Doom
Hypocrisy - Fourth Dimension (limited digipack 1994)
Invocator - Weave the Apocalypse
Slammer - The Work of Idle Hands
Meliah Rage - Solitary Solitude
Xentrix - Ghostbusters
Edge of Sanity - Unorthodox
Airdash - Both Ends of the Path
Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes (limited digipack 1994)
Cryptic Slaughter - Speak Your Peace
Tyrranicide - God Save the Scene
Monstrosity Alone is worth 80$ these days, so a very good price :)
Yeah, and last time I saw Tyrranicide on ebay it sold for 149$ :D
I love when I get these kind of deals. It happens on rare occasions.
And the Monstrosity is definitely one of the best US death metal releases from the classic era.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

chatzial wrote:
Khnud wrote:
chatzial wrote:Image
I forgot to mention: I'm guessing this was the copy in the top left corner from the image above?

I have a copy as well, but mine has completely red labels and the word "CRASH" has a sticker posted on top of it that says "DANNY PRAZ AND THE ROCK PATROL" instead. I'm guessing this is the name of the band and that CRASH was the name of the label. Anyway - "Games" is a really cool, speedy song, but "Crazy" is rather bland. Is this a well known 12'' single in collector circles? Does anyone have any more info on this?
Actually my copy is this (and this is an extra copy):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330569240502?ss ... 1497.l2649

And the band was named Crash. As far as i know this release was mainly used as promo and the band was Praz brothers. Maybe when Danny Praz changed the name of the band, they put stickers ontop of Crash.

No it is not a well known rarity and it is a difficult to find record. I don't know if Glockose has more knowledge about it.
This kind of releases, 12"s without picture sleeves, are bound to be difficult to find because they will be always mixed up with disco or pop DJ 12"s.
Yeah, I remember my copy was found in the pop section, Discogs has it all wrong as well. I still wonder which pressing was the first - if they were initially named Crash or Danny Praz and the Rock Patrol. A Heavy metal mystery!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

emperor.zola wrote:The Big City Lights 12''?
That's not easy to find... limited pressing (200 or 300 only), and is a status symbol over here... everyone in the music business and wants to show his importance owns a copy on his wall... producers, sound enginiers, musicians... a very few copies are in collectors' hands.
No, it's called "Be the light" and it's from 1989. Similar to their great "3" LP, no Hard Rock like on earlier albums. It's powerful Heavy Metal, but sung in english, except of "Be the light" which is featured both in hungarian and english but the hungarian version is preferable.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Borderline, but

High Tide - Sea Shanties CD (Japan '93)

That's about it, not buying much music lately :oops:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

perishinflames wrote:Borderline, but

High Tide - Sea Shanties CD (Japan '93)
that album is a real trip,its pretty heavy, and knowing that you are into LSD lately even better.

on topic:

Wolfbane-s/t Cd SKR (very underrated band,specially from all those Pagan Altar fanboys)
The Devil´s Blood-The Thousandfold Epicentre Cd

still not buying much lately,these weeks are key to decide if im doing the expensive ass trip to KIT
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

FINALLY! after about 10 years trying to get it for an reasonable price and by just slightly (due to postage) exceeding my limit of max. 50€ for a single record..

HEAVY LOAD - Full Speed at High Level LP - with insert, no bootleg

just arrived. first xmas present to myself! now, Gotham City EP + LP for the same rate, please.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Keir

Post by Keir »

Geez, I haven’t posted in here since May! This should cover most of my finds since then. Got my top 2 compilation "holy grails" this summer: Santa Barbara 1988 and Arctic Records Presents. Been searching for those for years!

Image Image Image Image Image
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

I don't have prices to compare because I haven't seen this item listed anywhere but I just got Cry Of Terror - Unnatural Prospects... for 7$. Bargain?
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

thrashidolatry wrote:I don't have prices to compare because I haven't seen this item listed anywhere but I just got Cry Of Terror - Unnatural Prospects... for 7$. Bargain?
absolutely yes!
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Vampallens wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:I don't have prices to compare because I haven't seen this item listed anywhere but I just got Cry Of Terror - Unnatural Prospects... for 7$. Bargain?
absolutely yes!
I expected that, because Nocturn - Estranged Dimensions on Old World is fucking difficult to come by.
humus

Post by humus »

Hah, how much does that go for than? Picked it out of the bargain bin a few years ago. Don't really like that one...
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

humus wrote:Hah, how much does that go for than? Picked it out of the bargain bin a few years ago. Don't really like that one...
You mean Cry of Terror or Nocturn?
humus

Post by humus »

Cry of terror.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Vampallens wrote:
absolutely yes!
Really? I had this for 5€ on my list for quite a while :lol: .

It looks better than it sounds IMO...
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Vampallens

Post by Vampallens »

thrashidolatry wrote:
Vampallens wrote:
absolutely yes!
I expected that, because Nocturn - Estranged Dimensions on Old World is fucking difficult to come by.
Cry of Terror is more easy to get than Nocturn, but seven poor dollars are really very few, aside from the odd label