Recent Metal Finds (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Rajas - On The Real Fire
Status - Ispoved
Red Square - s/t
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Angel Dust "To Dust You Will Decay" (Disaster, 1988)
Necronomicon "Escalation" (Scratch, 1988)
Malteze "Count Your Blessings" (Gold, 1990)
Root "Hell Symphony" (Zeras, 1991)
Maceration "A Serenade Of Agony" (Progress Red Labels, 1992)
Mayhem "Deathcrush" (Deathlike Silence, 1993)
Chastain "Mystery Of Illusion" (Roadracer, 1990)
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Tokkata - David and Goliath demo MC
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Well, to my surprise it actually did turn up on my doorstep

so happy to have this back again. But 99% of the time I receive a discogs notification (as it did this morning, with Trial - Scream for Mercy at 20 euro) I am too late, so this was a rare score for me. Still, this was one of my biggest wants, not in the best condition but still pretty nice, especially for the price!

edit;

nice finds Yakish! Hope you didn't pay too much for Angel Dust, to me that is a "completists-only" album. It might be worth the asking price for the vinyl version, but not the $200+ the CD commands.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

perishinflames wrote:Well, to my surprise it actually did turn up on my doorstep

so happy to have this back again. But 99% of the time I receive a discogs notification (as it did this morning, with Trial - Scream for Mercy at 20 euro) I am too late, so this was a rare score for me. Still, this was one of my biggest wants, not in the best condition but still pretty nice, especially for the price!

edit;

nice finds Yakish! Hope you didn't pay too much for Angel Dust, to me that is a "completists-only" album. It might be worth the asking price for the vinyl version, but not the $200+ the CD commands.

NICE! Congratz mate. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Thanks. While the sleeve has some bumps and bends, the record only has paper scuffs. I ran it through my VPI 16.5 and it sounds pretty much like a new record, no noise or distortions to speak of. Sounds better than my last copy (though I have changed many pieces of equipment since I had that one). I'm very pleased. Now to wait another couple years for my next great bargain :P

edit;

and of course that terrible yellowed paper sleeve has gone in the trash, in favor of a proper MoFi poly sleeve :P

edit2;

So was your lady satisfied with the condition of that MS LP? I did my best to grade conservatively and describe all flaws, I hope she likes it.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

perishinflames wrote:nice finds Yakish! Hope you didn't pay too much for Angel Dust, to me that is a "completists-only" album. It might be worth the asking price for the vinyl version, but not the $200+ the CD commands.
Thank you Perish!
Of course i didn't pay it's usual price. I paid only 15 euro, and also 15 for Necronomicon CD. Definitely one of my luckiest finds during last years!
Also congratulations about your HR vinyl, need this one too. Great find!
P.S: not agree with you about "completists only" phrase, but don't want to discuss this, it's only matter of tastes.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

perishinflames wrote:Thanks. While the sleeve has some bumps and bends, the record only has paper scuffs. I ran it through my VPI 16.5 and it sounds pretty much like a new record, no noise or distortions to speak of. Sounds better than my last copy (though I have changed many pieces of equipment since I had that one). I'm very pleased. Now to wait another couple years for my next great bargain :P

edit;

and of course that terrible yellowed paper sleeve has gone in the trash, in favor of a proper MoFi poly sleeve :P
If you aren't satisfied I'd offer you 16 $ + postage for it, that's 100 % profit you'd make. Isn't that a fair offer? :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
perishinflames wrote:Well, to my surprise it actually did turn up on my doorstep

edit;

NICE! Congratz mate. :)
Great find!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

perishinflames wrote:Thanks. While the sleeve has some bumps and bends, the record only has paper scuffs. I ran it through my VPI 16.5 and it sounds pretty much like a new record, no noise or distortions to speak of. Sounds better than my last copy (though I have changed many pieces of equipment since I had that one). I'm very pleased. Now to wait another couple years for my next great bargain :P

edit;

edit2;

So was your lady satisfied with the condition of that MS LP? I did my best to grade conservatively and describe all flaws, I hope she likes it.
Yes, she was absolutely satisfied with it, thanks alot. :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
wom

Post by wom »

here's my finds

Yakish, great finds ..that Angeldust album is imo godly :)
How much did you paid for Maceration?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Nightwing-Black Summer Lp
Demon Pact-Released From Hell Cd
MSG-Cry For The Nations 7"
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

wom wrote:here's my finds
Thanks wom! I paid 45 euro for Maceration. I would never believe if somebody said to me that i will pay 15 euro for original Necronomicon or Angel Dust and 45 euro for Maceration and 50 for Root, but i've had some successful trades/sales last month and also i tired to wait for those CDs "my price", so why not?
Troma

Post by Troma »

wom wrote:here's my finds

Infected Virulence is a very nice find, how much did you pay for it?
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cloven Hoof, A Sultans Ransom
Fist, Turn the Hell On

£2.50 each! Heeheehee!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."