Recent Metal Finds (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Split Image (US) - s/t
Doomwatch (US) - Crankin' 21 7''
Dagger (US) - Enchanting Me / Take Me 7''
Axess (US) - You're In Trouble / Don’t Need You 7''
Emerald (NL) - Down Town (original)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

nightsblood wrote: My bottom line is always this: get the records YOU like on the format YOU want for a price that YOU are comfortable paying, and don't worry about whether your collection is bigger or has more rarities than other people's collections- penis contests are for insecure blokes who just wanna scope out other guys' junk :D
I absolutely got your point (already at the beginning), BUT ... hehe ... it are 2 different shoes if you add a 30 or 50 $ vinyl to your collection that you know it's ultra crappy or if you add a shitty 1500 $ record. My shelves are full with boring but rare records but they didn't cost me any sweat nor blood, but would I add such a record like Witch, Militia (yeah it's terrible due to the vox) or prohably even Metal Merchant for that prices? No way - no way - no fucking way! Sure if you're rich it doesn't matters if you throw 1500 $ out of the window nor not, but you can't tell me that this purest normality in collectors circles. Think first act later is my motto ... however, we can end this debate. I know what you wanted to say, still it's somehow not to understand for me to buy such records for such a money. I#m always laughing my lungs out if there comes someone who bought such a record for 20 $ buy-now at any not-knowing seller ebay. :D
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Oh, if there's a record you don't like BUT you can get it dirt cheap then that's a special case. I wouldn't turn down a $50 Militia. Personally I'd put it in my trade pile and try to swap it for an item(s) that I really like and want to have in my collection. For example, I bought a Tales of Medusa album for $16. I don't really care for them, but I knew that I can eventually trade it for something I wanted that was worth a good bit more than $16 :)

So yeah, we're on the same page. I just try not to laugh at people paying a lot for records I don't like b/c they would probably laugh at some of my purchases :)
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Khnud wrote:Split Image (US) - s/t
Doomwatch (US) - Crankin' 21 7''
Dagger (US) - Enchanting Me / Take Me 7''
Axess (US) - You're In Trouble / Don’t Need You 7''
Emerald (NL) - Down Town (original)
Some very good records here.Kongrats Kristian!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Prowler wrote:
nightsblood wrote: My bottom line is always this: get the records YOU like on the format YOU want for a price that YOU are comfortable paying, and don't worry about whether your collection is bigger or has more rarities than other people's collections- penis contests are for insecure blokes who just wanna scope out other guys' junk :D
I absolutely got your point (already at the beginning), BUT ... hehe ... it are 2 different shoes if you add a 30 or 50 $ vinyl to your collection that you know it's ultra crappy or if you add a shitty 1500 $ record. My shelves are full with boring but rare records but they didn't cost me any sweat nor blood, but would I add such a record like Witch, Militia (yeah it's terrible due to the vox) or prohably even Metal Merchant for that prices? No way - no way - no fucking way! Sure if you're rich it doesn't matters if you throw 1500 $ out of the window or not, but you can't tell me that this is purest normality in collectors circles. Think first act later is my motto ... however, we can end this debate. I know what you wanted to say, still it's somehow not to understand for me to buy such records for such a money. I'm always laughing my lungs out if there comes someone who bought such a record for 20 $ buy-now at any not-knowing seller at ebay. :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:
emperor.zola wrote:since my last post here (probably months ago) I got these jewels:
Deafen - Deafen
Can you please tell me on which label this CD was released and who are the musicians playing on it.
Thanx
This information can be found on the Metal Archives.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
humus

Post by humus »

I'm guessing a Deafen demotape won't sell for as much as the CD? Have one somewhere.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Avenger wrote:
Prowler wrote:
emperor.zola wrote:since my last post here (probably months ago) I got these jewels:
Deafen - Deafen
Can you please tell me on which label this CD was released and who are the musicians playing on it.
Thanx
This information can be found on the Metal Archives.
Not what I want to know. Where does the label come from? And what's up on MA (musicians) is absolutely not trustworthy so I prefer to recieve my info from someone who really owns the MCD and not from someone who's only read something about it in the www.
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

Prowler wrote: Can you please tell me on which label this CD was released and who are the musicians playing on it.
Thanx
Hello!
On the disc there's a label (?) name printed: Dewi Records
Cat#: Def 00001
On the spine, in the booklet there is only Deafen C+P 1991 / Def 0001
the actual members playing on this MCD:
Ron v. Herpen
Gert-Jan v. Vugt
Vincent v.d. Hoogen
Richard Timmers
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

nightsblood wrote:Prowler- Well as I said, some folks want the record that no one else even knows about. They want the secret thing, not the well-known thing. Whether it sounds 'good' or 'bad' is secondary, as well as completely subjective- I'm sure there are people out there who think Witch sounds awesome, but you and I don't care for it.

I think some oldschool collectors just aren't interested in the internet/posting stuff period. Let's face it, the web tends to be full of assholes, newbies, and poseurs who aren't worth the bother, and after awhile you run out of things to say. Look at how quiet the Poisonoise forum has become.

I suspect there are plenty of unknown records out there that most people would say are good musically. I don't think you can really assign a % though since 'good' is just too subjective. Many people would say Militia 'the sybling' is one of the really good high-dollar metal records, but I don't really care for it. I like the Liquid Earth 12" a lot, but some folks on this site hate it. So do those 2 records count as part of your 99.99% of crappy rare metal records or your 0.01% of good rare metal records? Answer: it completely depends on whether YOU like them or not :)

My bottom line is always this: get the records YOU like on the format YOU want for a price that YOU are comfortable paying, and don't worry about whether your collection is bigger or has more rarities than other people's collections- penis contests are for insecure blokes who just wanna scope out other guys' junk :D
What's the problem with posting rare finds? I don't get the point behind posting common things like "I got the latest Tankard" etc... Moreover Deafen is not just the rare one, but musicwise it is one of the "better than average" private pressed thrash EPs out there. I got many other albums as well but see my 2nd sentence above.

Warning!
Penis contest notification!
Fuck Off - Hell on Earth CD (Dark Rails press) is coming to my home 8)
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Zola- there's no problem with it at all, it's just that some people prefer not to do so.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
emperor.zola

Post by emperor.zola »

nightsblood wrote:Zola- there's no problem with it at all, it's just that some people prefer not to do so.
Nice, but here is a forum for us and the topic is recent metal finds... some ppl. post every other day, I don't... I was in the hunt after Deafen since Sovdat uploaded the mp3 and mailed me the photo. It was some years ago for sure. Sax Pijak was cost me around 50 USD. I almost booked that I'll never find a copy, when suddenly it's surfaced.
wom

Post by wom »

i would like people post more of their findings, checking out forums after work is relaxing...

note to self: converting images as gif == not good

perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Now, I wonder if it will show up? :lol:
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

perishinflames wrote:Image

Now, I wonder if it will show up? :lol:
whats that??? who is stealin who here?