Messiah Force - The Last Day

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
roihlem

Messiah Force - The Last Day

Post by roihlem »

Can anyone give me info on all versions that exist???
There exists a version on Haissem. Is it only a LP?
I also saw it released by Bold Reprive. Was this one just a CD? It pops up all the time on Ebay, so I guess it was printed recently, right??
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

The first version was from Haissem. The second one from Bold Reprieve. Both are LP's on Vinyl with just 2 different covers.
There should be also a 3-track 7" or 12", with the cover from the Bold Reprieve LP, but i am not shure, because i've never saw one of it !
I think all the CD's are Bootlegs. I have one of them and i don't think it was released oficially.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Re: Messiah Force - The Last Day

Post by OmenOfSteel »

roihlem wrote:Can anyone give me info on all versions that exist???
I also saw it released by Bold Reprive. Was this one just a CD? It pops up all the time on Ebay, so I guess it was printed recently, right??
Private pressing on HAISSEM (Messiah backwards btw) on vinyl in 1987 was this first/original issue.
One year later licenced by BOLD REPRIVE (UK) and issued on vinyl, CD and 7" (different cover from private pressing).
The B.Reprive CD has recently been "reissued", the original was/is impossible to find.
We praise the blood that metal brings
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

OmenOfSteel wrote:
roihlem wrote:Can anyone give me info on all versions that exist???
Private pressing on HAISSEM (Messiah backwards btw) on vinyl in 1987 was this first/original issue.
One year later licenced by BOLD REPRIVE (UK) and issued on vinyl, CD and 7" (different cover from private pressing).
The B.Reprive CD has recently been "reissued", the original was/is impossible to find.
This seems to be correct ! But i've also heard from a 12"-Maxi !
Look also here : http://www4.pf-x.net/~steeler/disco/M/MESSIAHFORCE.htm
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

tbieri wrote: This seems to be correct ! But i've also heard from a 12"-Maxi !
Look also here : http://www4.pf-x.net/~steeler/disco/M/MESSIAHFORCE.htm
Hmm, I've never seen this 12". Has anyone? It's not of major interest anyway, as it will surely only features tracks from the album and no other recordings/unrel. songs...
Worth tracking down is the 1985 Demo tape (7 tracks of which 6 appear on the album in different recordings, one is on this demo only)
We praise the blood that metal brings
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

There's a 12" as well I have it. Working on a re-release as we speak.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Messiah Force was released by Haissem on LP.
It was also released by Bold Reprive as a LP and CD (which is the one i posted for sale a couple of months ago) and also released a 7" and a 12" single.

I have all except the 12" in my collection. A very close friend of mine has the 12" and that's why i am certain of it's existence. Unfortunatelly i have not found it yet in order to complete my collection.

As for the CD, there are 2 different bootlegs in circulation. One has many differences with the original (different booklet and different CD surface) and one that was recently released that is almost idintical with the original but has a totally diferent matrix.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Here is a photo of my Messiah Force collection.

The 12" version (that i am missing) has the same picture sleeve as the 7"

http://www.popsike.com/Messiah-Force-Th ... 85205.html

E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

chatzial wrote:Messiah Force was released by Haissem on LP.
It was also released by Bold Reprive as a LP and CD (which is the one i posted for sale a couple of months ago) and also released a 7" and a 12" single.

I have all except the 12" in my collection. A very close friend of mine has the 12" and that's why i am certain of it's existence. Unfortunatelly i have not found it yet in order to complete my collection.

As for the CD, there are 2 different bootlegs in circulation. One has many differences with the original (different booklet and different CD surface) and one that was recently released that is almost idintical with the original but has a totally diferent matrix.
I am curious to know/see the cd differences. I am assuming the cd I have is later issue/bootleg, but I am wondering...
Thanks.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

martinsane wrote: I am curious to know/see the cd differences. I am assuming the cd I have is later issue/bootleg, but I am wondering...
Thanks.
Here's the original:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6667
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

chatzial wrote:
martinsane wrote: I am curious to know/see the cd differences. I am assuming the cd I have is later issue/bootleg, but I am wondering...
Thanks.
Here's the original:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6667
Thanks for the link.

It is the original pressing (with the "Mastered by Nimbus BRMCD 022" matrix).
The CD and front sleeve are in Mint minus condition and the back sleeve is in Very Good plus condition.

Is the front sleeve any more than a one sheet folded on half?

Just curious again. Mines matrix is not the same it is "THE LAST DAY" and nothing more. The remainder looks identical though.

Any ideas or info's on this versions origin?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Fake replica coming from Greece. A lot of boots "he" (we all know who) made in the 00s had the band name or album title in the matrix. Sorry :|
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Helstar wrote:Fake replica coming from Greece. A lot of boots "he" (we all know who) made in the 00s had the band name or album title in the matrix. Sorry :|
Or USDM...
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

Warepire wrote:
Helstar wrote:Fake replica coming from Greece. A lot of boots "he" (we all know who) made in the 00s had the band name or album title in the matrix. Sorry :|
Or USDM...
Thanks for the info's and no worries, I assumed the lineage was tainted before my dealings and the disc in question was part of a much larger trade and more of a spiff than anything else.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

There are at least 2 bootlegs.

One that has different artwork (has the artwork of both the U.K. and the Canadian vinyls) and different CD surface.

And one that has exactly the same artwork, CD surface etc. but different matrix no. (this one is not a Greek bootleg).
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail