Messiah Force - The Last Day

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

chatzial wrote:There are at least 2 bootlegs.

One that has different artwork (has the artwork of both the U.K. and the Canadian vinyls) and different CD surface.

And one that has exactly the same artwork, CD surface etc. but different matrix no. (this one is not a Greek bootleg).
Based on the description of the one I have/mentioned from where does it come do you think?

Thanks.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

martinsane wrote:
chatzial wrote:There are at least 2 bootlegs.

One that has different artwork (has the artwork of both the U.K. and the Canadian vinyls) and different CD surface.

And one that has exactly the same artwork, CD surface etc. but different matrix no. (this one is not a Greek bootleg).
Based on the description of the one I have/mentioned from where does it come do you think?

Thanks.
Your copy is a bootleg for sure.
Does your copy at the CD surface have the bold reprieve logo or the Messiah Force logo?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Terry, I already said where it comes from. Sorry if somebody says otherwise, but ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Helstar wrote:Terry, I already said where it comes from. Sorry if somebody says otherwise, but ...
There are 2 different bootlegs floating around. One badly made (and propably the one he has) which is Greek and another one that looks more to the original but with different matrix. The second one is also more recent, i saw one from an Italian seller and asked about the matrix, although this does not mean it is an Italian bootleg, these are made at many countries worldwide.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

And I was talking about the one he has ;)

Link of this recent boot ?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Helstar wrote:And I was talking about the one he has ;)

Link of this recent boot ?
Did not save one. Found the message, it was a last November listing and the seller was from Portugal (sorry that i said Italy, did not remember) but the country really does not tell anything, it could be printed anywhere.

I remember that the CD surface look identical to the original and i asked the seller what the matrix was and it was "the last day".
This copy looked totally different than the Greek bootleg, so it is propably a new "better" edition from "who knows where".

Do you need the seller's name?
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Not really. Which were the obvious differences with the previous boot ?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Helstar wrote:Not really. Which were the obvious differences with the previous boot ?
1st bootleg has both cover artworks at the booklet, the bold reprieve in front and the Haissem at the back of the booklet. Also has Messiah Force logo on CD surface.

2nd bootleg has the correct artwork of the bold reprieve CD and also the bold reprieve logo on the CD surface. In other words it is very close to the original CD BUT it has a different matrix (it's matrix is LAST DAY, or something like that).
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

I foolishly wrecked my spare copy of the original cd pressing, tried to get that sticky residue off the top that is common on many nimbus discs and long story short ending up destroying it. At least it was just my spare copy and now I have a spare booklet and back insert. I'm not sure why this goes for $100+ on ebay, it was easy for me to find multiple copies of the original on amazon uk for $20-$40 each before from different sellers, although I only bought 2, and just asked the sellers for matrix numbers, it doesn't seem that rare. The one for 20 british pounds here could likely be legit for instance, I didn't ask the seller since I'm not interested in buying another but I didn't see any other fake metal cds in their store for instance.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:I foolishly wrecked my spare copy of the original cd pressing, tried to get that sticky residue off the top that is common on many nimbus discs and long story short ending up destroying it. At least it was just my spare copy and now I have a spare booklet and back insert. I'm not sure why this goes for $100+ on ebay, it was easy for me to find multiple copies of the original on amazon uk for $20-$40 each before from different sellers, although I only bought 2, and just asked the sellers for matrix numbers, it doesn't seem that rare. The one for 20 british pounds here could likely be legit for instance, I didn't ask the seller since I'm not interested in buying another but I didn't see any other fake metal cds in their store for instance.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used
It looks like someone here grabs the two copies for easy cash.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Shimrod wrote:
It looks like someone here grabs the two copies for easy cash.
And it propably was an original.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

Very likely as the back inserts were described as a bit wavy as on all copies I have seen.
martinsane

Post by martinsane »

chatzial wrote:
Helstar wrote:Not really. Which were the obvious differences with the previous boot ?
1st bootleg has both cover artworks at the booklet, the bold reprieve in front and the Haissem at the back of the booklet. Also has Messiah Force logo on CD surface.

2nd bootleg has the correct artwork of the bold reprieve CD and also the bold reprieve logo on the CD surface. In other words it is very close to the original CD BUT it has a different matrix (it's matrix is LAST DAY, or something like that).
It is: "The Last Day", song 8 on the album I'd assume is its origin. Which is what the copy I have says on the inner ring.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

martinsane wrote:
chatzial wrote:

It is: "The Last Day", song 8 on the album I'd assume is its origin. Which is what the copy I have says on the inner ring.
If the matrix does not say "Mastered by Nimbus BRMCD 022"
then it is a bootleg.
Have a look at an original that i posted a few months ago:

http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6667
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail