Record hunting in Skandinavia

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
TheGreatEscape

Record hunting in Skandinavia

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Hi there

A friend of mine will travel across Sweden and Finland - unfortunately, I can't join him :cry:

This is his way:

Malmö
Helsingborg
Göteborg
Jönköping
Motala
Örebro
Uppsala
Stockholm

*transfer by ferry*

Helsinki
Espoo
Turku
Lathi

and back

He's a collector on Metal and AOR vinyls and CD's, so where are the good stores and places to go?

Thanx a lot in advance!
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

When he is in Stockholm he might want to have a look at:
Repulsive Records, never been there myself but friends love that place, location: St Eriksgaten 84
Sound Pollution, never been to their physical store but I buy a lot from their webshop, location: Stora Nygatan 18

If he makes a pit stop in Västerås he might wish to check out Skivbörsen, excellent store and awesome personnel, sometimes a bit overpriced on vinyl, location: Stora Gatan 36, it is in an alley so it can be a bit tricky to find it.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I can show this guy around in Turku, and he can stay at my place if he needs(NO trouble whatsoever), just let me know.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
nabel

Post by nabel »

There is a very small 2hand store (books, magazines, movies, records) near Espoo trainstation. With luck you might have to pay 15 euros for scratched copy of Denim&Leather. (Helsinki-Turku train stops at Espoo station.)
Also one vinyl section in a antique store in Tapiola (suburb in Espoo, 25 minute busride from Espoo trainstation).

99% chance that he won't miss anything special if he does not come to my lovely hometown.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Malmö = Repeat Records (Amiralsgatan 27), Skivesset (Nobelvägen 103), LP Möller (Ostindiefararegatan 5), Lilla Torgs Seriemagasin (Larochegatan 5).

Helsingborg = Roadhouze Records (Storgatan 24)
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Göteborg: Andra långgatans skivhandel + Disc Union. Both shops located on Andra Långgatan. And some other shop (can't recall the name) on Storgatan (short walk from Avenyn, easy to find).

Motala ---> go to Linköping instead, Crazy records on Vasagatan (opposite the theatre, some hundred meters of walk from the train station).
Fun records
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Jönköping - my town:

Visit Klasses or Skivklubben as it is called these days.

Only second hand CD and LP. I have done lots of finds there.

http://www.klasses.se/
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Lucky guy.
plague

Post by plague »

I too am traveling to espoo/helsinki soon, more record stores recommendations are definitely welcome...

I'm also interested in finding a good source in said area for experimental/noise/electronics etc. records, specifically looking for Swans items. If anyone knows any good places, please let me know. thanks.
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Thanx a lot to all of you for your help! I will pass all infos to my friend.

If you ever come to Switzerland, I can help you with a few places (unfortunately, there aren't many left).

Best wishes and stay heavy!

P.S: @Daniel: you've got PM