Top Items (OLD'n'LOCKED)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

DaN wrote:
BlackStele wrote:...I beg your pardon???
I was taking a swing at Kyriakos. He's obviosly yanking your pigtails :wink:
it's not the first time, believe me, and it's quite annoying... :?

Digging out what I wrote 4 months ago, just to say the same old shit doesn't make any sense to me actually... :roll:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Helm

Post by Helm »

I NEVER GAVE 3000 and 2000 Euros for ANY record
Oh *phew* good to know!

Also, I have to say I also thought before your message to this dude that you knew each other intimately or something. :shock:
Last edited by Helm on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

[Feuds/flirtations -> pm only from now on.]

Back on topic. Almost.

Around '89/'90 some friends of mine had this amateurish Doom band called EPITAPH and decided they were going to record and release their own LP. They had set aside the cash, set up the recording equipment in the basement at the parents of the guitarist. The night before they were supposed to start recording they worked for hours in front of the mixing table with getting the sound right and all, but the morning after it turns out the kid brother of the guitarist had played around with the mixer settings and mikes. Of course the guys were furious, but all the air went out of them and after postponing a new recording session for weeks it became clear that the album wasn't going to happen.

The funny thing is they only intended to make 100 copies of the LP, even if 500+ wouldn't have been that more expensive. Now, imagine my frustration of not having a handful of privately pressed, primitive Doom Metal LPs from 1990 in my possession today :cry:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Do you think you would have still had them in your hands today?
Helm

Post by Helm »

Actually on a similar note, a drummer that once played for us as well had this basement doom/death/ambient band (seriously!) before us who had made this one tape which was very enchanting mainly for the shifts from kinda autistic deathdoom to pieces of piano, rain and slow awkward mumbling... I still think I have the tape somewhere. Should I digitise that stuff or what? It's ultra-rare to the effect that it is good and also simply isn't online anywhere as far as I know. But perhaps he's going to be pissed if I do...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Well, since I and the band lived in a relatively small town back then and they only intended to sell them to friends and maybe through the local record shop I don't think I would have had too much trouble tracking down copies.

Damn! This got me fantasizing again.. :evil:
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I was involved with the release of the Aragon LP in 88,
NY but small town 2-3 stores only, 500 copies
I knew everyone at the time who would have gotten a copy.

Now I can't find a 1 and I saved none.

This is only 1 story I have a lot more.
At the time back then no one thought about saving anything for the future. from 90-91 I used them as packing to send stuff to hard rock/Psych guys. Just to get rid of them.
Last edited by Glockose on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

glockose wrote:I was involved with the release of the Aragon LP in 88,
NY but small town 2-3 records only, 500 copies
I knew everyone at the time who would have gotten a copy.

Now I can't find a 1 and I saved none.

This is only 1 story I have a lot more.
At the time back then no one thought about saving anything for the future. from 90-91 I used them as packing to send stuff to hard rock/Psych guys. Just to get rid of them.
Noooooo, SHITE! You mean the Aragon, who recorded the same titled album on Brokin Records? Darn, I saw a copy smwr going for 120€ and I immediately thought it is cheap. Welcome home in Sanatorium. Aargh, my head will burst.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Helm wrote:a drummer that once played for us as well had this basement doom/death/ambient band (seriously!) before us who had made this one tape which was very enchanting mainly for the shifts from kinda autistic deathdoom to pieces of piano, rain and slow awkward mumbling... I still think I have the tape somewhere. Should I digitise that stuff or what?
I'd probably be into it.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

Hellfighter wrote:I really dig these threads, it's like you're snooping through someone's collection and it's all killer no filler!
Speaking of snooping through the collection, nice black metal demos in the background of that first pic! That Eisenwinter/Holocaustus split rules, and Cultus is the shit too..... not as into Geimhre or Nav, but that's still not stuff I expect to see here! :D

Back on topic, or the sentimental aspect, in another thread I told the story about how I was given a Street Child at a really low point in my life, so I won't re-hash that here.......

Sinister Angel, Salem's Wych, and Wikka are sentimental, because those were two of the first "RARE" records I bought.......

I love the Wicked Witch 7" too, with "Y Wood U Call It Rock"--it's a great obscuro no one seems to have heard of, but I don't know if that really counts as metal.....
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Those ain't my demos, stole that photo from a mate haha!
deathster

Post by deathster »

Top 5 stuff in my collection (just keep the list in some limits)
Demos:
Mantas "Death by Metal" w/ band on the cover (Yes, it is the first and original version oif the demo. All the countless bootlegs released during last 5 years or even from 90s are made from Death "Death by metal" recordings! These are different recordings).
Christblood "Massacre in Heaven" demo (splattered with blood, they were not from Iceland lile everybody is claiming)
Evoked Doom demo 1986
Outrage "From nightmares and myths" demo 1986
Malfeitor "Diabolic youth" demo 1987

LP:
Kreator "After the Attack" PicLP
Flames of Hell "Fire and steel" LP 1987
Exterminator "Total Extermination" LP (original of course)
Hellhammer "Triumph of Death" + "Satanic Rites" white edition PicLPs
Enslaved "Hordanes Land" MLP

EP:
Death SS "Evil Metal"
Bulldozer "Fallen Angel"
Nemesis "Hombre: Oveja negra..."
Astaroth "Guerra de metal"
Executioner "Metal up your ass" EP (yes EP...and PicEP too)
+ Pentagram, Treblinka, Samael, Reencarnacion, Sabbat 2nd EP etc etc
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Is that a side project of Katon de Pena :lol: Great picture, doesn't look like something one would find in the nearby grocery store...
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Just some pictures of LP's I can't live without (sounds pathetic :lol: ), but for instance the Judas priest LP means the same for me as the Salem's Wych LP, all killer, rare and not rare ones, it's all the same, KILLER METAL:

The great thing about old vinyls are the insanely great coverarts, something I totally miss in today's "photoshop cd world".
Long Live The Loud !!!