Top Items (OLD'n'LOCKED)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

zeuhl wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Would be awesome if you could translate it into english and write it here. 8)
Finnish Heavy Rock (or Finland's Heavy Rock)

We have noticed for our pleasure that the support for heavy rock has increased. Foreign record charts and other news from that field as well as the release of the new Finnish heavy band SARCOFAGUS's debut single indicate that. Also the demand and supply of heavy rock on the radio has grown. (Heavy rock every other week)

To add to this very pleasant progress we have founded the FINNISH HEAVY ROCK -society. It strives to activate the old fans and bring heavy rock forward by organizing concerts and publicing a members' magazine, which deals with heavy-bands, records, shows and other events. Another intention is to distribute shirts, posters and other material.

Now, for the first time, you have the chance to help making heavy rock better known by joining the Finnish Heavy Rock -society by a 10 Finnish Mark yearly member fee. You can pay the fee to this account: Suomen Heavy rock 6578 50-7.

- If you wish to write to use, the address is: Suomen Heavy rock-yhdistys, Pl 67, 00370 Helsinki 37.
Cool, thanks!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Keir wrote:I know this pales in comparison to some of Kenny's underground Cleveland stuff, but I'm still pretty proud of my Sorcerer collection:

That is the SICKEST shirt Ive seen in a LOOOONG time! CONGRATS on that shit! Message me ASAP I have to ask you something.

DAMN man Im proud of my Mutant Soldier and Terror shirts, but if I had that shirt it would be hanging on my fucking wall whenever I wasnt wearing it. That blew my fuckin mind!

BTW "The Iron Planet" was a very small fanzine covering Heavy Metal in the Ohio in the 80s. Bands like DECIMATION (as early as thier "VIOLENCE seeking homicidal bass player" ad from 86), CERBERUS and WRETCH and many more all got thier first ever publicity from THE IRON PLANET. Thats sick that its mentioned on thier shirt.

And "AGONY" is great!
humus

Post by humus »

Haha Keir you bargain hunter, did you buy that Sorcerer shirt on ebay last week for 10 bucks? If the seller wasn't asking $14 to ship one shirt to Europe I would have bid aswell.
Satrapold

Post by Satrapold »

doomedplanet wrote:by far the rarest Witchfinder General lp version of Death Penalty is the black vinyl, this is what the label looks like:

do you have it and have you ever seen it? It was also released without an insert.
I have the black vinyl version, the label is just like in the picture you posted and there is an innersleeve with lyrics. Also the tracklist was fucked up.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

the tracklist is wrong on ALL death penalty vinyl / pic disc versions.
Sir.Ungol

Post by Sir.Ungol »

Some new lovely 7 inches:

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Sir.Ungol wrote:Some new lovely 7 inches:

CHRISTIAN STEEL?! :lol:
White Metal I suppose? What's it like?
Sir.Ungol

Post by Sir.Ungol »

DaN wrote:
Sir.Ungol wrote:Some new lovely 7 inches:

CHRISTIAN STEEL?! :lol:
White Metal I suppose? What's it like?

It`s typical 80´s metal with a small glam touch!
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

I've been looking for that Stormbringer 7" for ages (or at least that's what it feels like)!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Never heard that one either! What's it like? Anyone have samples?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Stormbringer wrote:I've been looking for that Stormbringer 7" for ages (or at least that's what it feels like)!
Would that be the Swedish Stormbringer with a certain Rudy B. Jade on vocals?
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

No, this is the Canadian Stormbringer. They had a song on the first Moose Molten Metal comp. LP at the time as well. I have the 7" as well as a demo on tape somewhere that I got in a trade years ago.

The Stormbringer you mentioned later changed name (although the name escapes me now) and did another demo later on.

Stormbringer was a popular band name back in the 80's, there were no less than 3 Swedish bands using that name back then!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Stormbringer wrote:The Stormbringer you mentioned later changed name (although the name escapes me now) and did another demo later on.
Phoenix. I'm just curious as to what Stakka Bo sounded like back then, hehe.

Awaiting some pictures of your top items btw. Should make most of this board green with envy. :)
daniel

Post by daniel »

Ah on Moose Molten Metal, can't be very special or I'd have remembered it, but I'll play the record later on to check.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Are you sure it wasn't the british S-b off the Elk Extracted Excrements compilation?

:oops: Sorry!