Bargains??

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

A guy I know from another board just found a red Satan's Host LP in a used record store for $25. It was marked "red vinyl reissue", but I asked him the matrix number and it's the fuckin original! Lucky bastard, he's not even a collector I think he said it's only the second record he's bought. What a strange world. I'm trying to get him to trade it to me, but he knows the value now (because I told him, stupid move on my part :lol: )
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

That one is supposed to have a P/S.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Warepire wrote:
I know, but who cares? I can make a pro printout of the sleeve at work and while others pay 50 $ I only paid 10. :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Did you win it?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

LethylSteel wrote:
Warepire wrote:
I know, but who cares? I can make a pro printout of the sleeve at work and while others pay 50 $ I only paid 10. :lol:
That's just not the same and you know it. With that logic I can download it and can avoid paying even those 10 dollars you paid.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

LethylSteel wrote:
Warepire wrote:
Or you can get the original (with p/s) from me with trade, so you don't have to spend cash. :wink:
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Is this a good price for this record? Just bought it today. RUNNER - Falling Hearts LP

Song Don't Hold Back sounded promising.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

lunaboy wrote:Is this a good price for this record? Just bought it today. RUNNER - Falling Hearts LP

I've never heard this band before. You are right, that song does sound promising. Let me know if the entire LP is of the same quality.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

lunaboy wrote:Is this a good price for this record? Just bought it today. RUNNER - Falling Hearts LP

http://www.popsike.com/RUNNER-FALLING-H ... 69128.html
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ient=opera

These are the only sale history I can find for this LP besides the auction you saw.
Svanhill has a copy that he is asking 100 USD for.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Avenger wrote:

I've never heard this band before. You are right, that song does sound promising. Let me know if the entire LP is of the same quality.
I've just read review on Metalpage a few weeks ago and just realized to take a risk on this LP ,because description were quite positive.OK,I'll back with feedback when receive LP.Also Charly (Metalhunter) once mentioned that this record is also available as CD (Small Pressing. Do not know any details anyway...)
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

lunaboy wrote:
Avenger wrote:

I've just read review on Metalpage a few weeks ago and just realized to take a risk on this LP ,because description were quite positive.OK,I'll back with feedback when receive LP.Also Charly (Metalhunter) once mentioned that this record is also available as CD (Small Pressing. Do not know any details anyway...)
It is a good LP and it is a similar case to Barracuda - Memory LP (which is actually the "Open Fire"). Both were printed by Hee Jee under license by Rock Hard.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Never heard these guys before. "Don't Hold Back" sounds a lot like a US metal version of Grim Reaper to me. Even if the rest of the album sucks you got one great track for $0.99! I'll have to keep my eyes out for another.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Warepire wrote:

http://www.popsike.com/RUNNER-FALLING-H ... 69128.html
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ient=opera

These are the only sale history I can find for this LP besides the auction you saw.
Svanhill has a copy that he is asking 100 USD for.
Meh ... the LP isn't that expensive and you can easily get copies for 6-14 $ from any korean seller. There's also a rip this album made now. Check the www.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

chatzial wrote:
LethylSteel wrote:
Warepire wrote: That one is supposed to have a P/S.
Or you can get the original (with p/s) from me with trade, so you don't have to spend cash. :wink:
I've already organized pro scans by the most recent ebay seller who just sold a copy of it last weekend so problem solved. :lol:
And it actually doesn't matters (to me) when I buy a non PS 7" for 1 $ or 10 $ when I know it usually sells for 50 or 100 $. Because I can organize scans of the covers in 90 % of the cases and this way I've saved the money which I can invest in other records so while other guys do spend 60 $ in only 1 7" I get 4 or 5 pieces for the same money. Furthermore the value (connected with the original PS) doesn't matters to me since NO record leaves my house anymore. So why should I bother? This was a steal even for 10 $ and you know it ... :wink: