Bargains??

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:One can always count on a seller's ignorance about what he or she is selling. Somewhere between the misspelling and the incorrect category, lies a bargain.

:shock: :arrow: :D :arrow: 8)
cool
ive read about this LP, is this actually good? looks like soft rock w fem vocals
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

The Knell wrote:
N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:One can always count on a seller's ignorance about what he or she is selling. Somewhere between the misspelling and the incorrect category, lies a bargain.

cool
ive read about this LP, is this actually good? looks like soft rock w fem vocals
It's melodic metal actually, with some flashy solos here and there, and a male singer. The band may be European (Belgian), but they have a U.S. attitude towards songwriting, which varies from decent to brilliant. I think it's quite good, even if I find it a bit uneven. It usually goes for a lot higher - the latest auction I think it ended around 200 Euros - but I've got to admit: even if I didn't enjoy the music, I would buy it for that wonderful cover alone!

Here's the title song for ya!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pnls5R5sm4
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

great music but HORRIBLE vocalist. what a shame. :(
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

He's not that bad! It's just that this band needed someone a bit more melodic, I think.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I MISSED IT!!! :cry:

This bargain is out of this world.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Not all are real bargains, but I think I got these for much cheaper than their real value:
Flames Of Hell - Fire And Steel LP 100€
Ekhymosis - Desde Arriba Es Differente 7" 3€
Kain - Everything Is Possible LP 4€
Breathless - s/t LP 2€
Annathema - Empire Of Noise LP 20€
Bloodbath - Toxic Death LP 15€
Xcel - Deliver Us This Dream 30€
Blasfemia - Guerra Total 40€
Heller - s/t 20€
Mortox - Inflamed CD 20€
Lady Sabre - Enchanted CD 8€
Deathblow - Meanless propaganda CD 25€
Emperor - As The Shadows Rise 7" 35€
Cradle Of Filth - Invoking The Unclean Demo 10€
Deathspell Omega - Disciples Of The Ultimate Void Demo 4€
Burzum - s/t CD 10€ (but I don`t know if it`s original)
Burzum - Aske MCD 40€
Absurd - Out Of The Dungeon Demo 15€
Beherit/ DeathYell - Split 7" 7€
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Warepire wrote:

Google is a good friend of mine! :wink:
wom

Post by wom »

roihlem wrote: Burzum - s/t CD 10€ (but I don`t know if it`s original)
Burzum - Aske MCD 40€
I can tell you if these are original if you give me the matrixes (or scans of the matrix)

For 1st pressings the S/T can fetch 200-250E and Aske 250-300E
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

wom wrote:
roihlem wrote: Burzum - s/t CD 10€ (but I don`t know if it`s original)
Burzum - Aske MCD 40€
I can tell you if these are original if you give me the matrixes (or scans of the matrix)

For 1st pressings the S/T can fetch 200-250E and Aske 250-300E
I don`t even want to know this :lol: It feels good this way...

Seriously, I don`t have them at hand. But in a few weeks I will see them and contact you. I know that once I looked at the matrix of the s/t album and I think it was the one that was rumoured to be the second press or bootleg. To be honest I was suspicious from the first day I got it, because I ordered it around 1999 from the Last Episode mailorder and it looked like new. Moreover, the CD was not one of those that they had for years in stock and could not sell, but it suddenly appeared in one of their catalogues and costed just 10€.
About Aske I am quite sure it`s original as I bought it ten years ago on Ebay and it looked like the CD is from the early 90`s.
Anyway, when I got to see them, I will contact you. Thanx! :D
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Warepire wrote:

This lp and the Rescue album are on my want-list for many years... damn that's frustrating :cry:
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Bargain ? Auction still active.No bids.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

lunaboy wrote:Bargain ? Auction still active.No bids.
It is actually very average album to say the least. Think of poor-man's Motley Crue with ridiculously high-pitched vocals.

Their 2006 EP in contrast is awesome and miles ahead. I've been trying to license it for proper release (it has been self-released as pro-printed CDR only) but the band wouldn't let me do it without re-releasing the 1985 LP and I'm really on a fence...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

stormspell wrote:
lunaboy wrote:Bargain ? Auction still active.No bids.
It is actually very average album to say the least. Think of poor-man's Motley Crue with ridiculously high-pitched vocals.

Their 2006 EP in contrast is awesome and miles ahead. I've been trying to license it for proper release (it has been self-released as pro-printed CDR only) but the band wouldn't let me do it without re-releasing the 1985 LP and I'm really on a fence...
Yeah,I know because when I checked DAMIEN video on Youtube I found your message there :) .TBW I'm still very surprised because I saw on Popsike that this record goes for quite big money,but as you said it's just an average album.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dude, there are bazillion MEGA-CRAPPY records going for ridiculous amounts of money :lol:

In fact when you think about it, it seems that as worse the record, as expensive. There's something genuinely wrong to be able to buy any Judas Priest record for $5, while inferior stuff like Leather Nunn goes for $1000+

This Damien isn't bad, it is just average. Should cost $10, maybe $15 max.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »