Bargains??

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Also the Sleepy Hollow cd... there are many of them with a missing spine.
He did those inlays later compared to the early pressings, and cutted both (Intruder+SH) in the same time probably (same mistake).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Heathen wrote: ( a booklet with an odd number of pages? how is it stapled together?)
It is a tri-fold.
Blood RED

Post by Blood RED »

Bought this greek record from Turkish ebay for 10 bucks!
http://www.yperano.com/content/hell-has ... heavy-meta
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I should have remembered to bid on this. Naturally, I forgot. This is the result.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400224035812
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... NA:PL:1123

That went low... to much for me anyway :)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I wouldn't say it's a bargain... last year in ebay.co.uk it ended ~70 euro...

CD.ALBUM.metal.EQUINOX.1990.THE WAY TO GO.thrash.RCA.
Condizioni dell'oggetto: Used
Chiusa il: 29 mar 2010 20:06:27 CEST
Cronologia dell'offerta: 8 offerte
Offerta più alta: GBP 61,76 (Circa EUR 68,70)

RCA is a major right ? I wonder why they printed so few copies (because there are few copies, or not ?) :?
slayerhatesusall

Post by slayerhatesusall »

I guess the band never got popular due to their location so they probably only did one pressing of them.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

But even one pressing should mean several thousands copies, no ? For being a major ... :?

I got today a Dorsal Atlantica cd for 5 euro. Oddily enough the only other copy on eBay from known reseller Wikking is a different pressing http://cgi.ebay.it/370318051710
Comes with a barcode (which I can't see on that photo and it's actually from Donor cd "Triangle of the lost", weird) and a different matrix code (with also an IFPI code, unlike mine).

The cd layout is almost the same (the title in my copy is in the inner ring which is black and not transparent). Didn't know there were two pressings of this one ... ?

Edit: he has edited it after I sent a pvt. There's no barcode =)
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

The pressing was relatively low on that as (AFAIK) the band had not sold much of the previous albums, so they printed a low run of The Way to Go. I suspect though, that there may be copies somewhere. It didn't really reach the shops in any great quantity in Norway, so maybe there was something wrong with the distribution?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

If you say so then Auf... should be the easiest to find, which is not ^^
You can clearly see that a lot of us have The Way to Go and Xerox Success (always on RCA), but not the debut :\
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Sortilege-s/t Mlp in excellent conditions for just 18 euros? is that a bargain?
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Not really a bargain but a cool price nonetheless
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Helstar wrote:If you say so then Auf... should be the easiest to find, which is not ^^
You can clearly see that a lot of us have The Way to Go and Xerox Success (always on RCA), but not the debut :\
I don't base my comment on what is easy to get now, but on what was easy to get back then. Auf Wiedersehen was easily available in any recordshop all over the country when it came out, but I don't know about international distribution or the printing runs.

I do know though, that it's easier to find Auf Wiedersehen here than abroad. I discovered one (CD) when I examined an old friend's record collection only last month (he knew nothing about what it was worth though). Ask leifkr on this forum how many copies he's had of that one.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Another thing on EQUINOX:

There are actually (at least) 2 different pressings of Auf Wiedersehen CD, matrix code on one goes PD-74258 11 ... and on the other PD-74258 21 ...

I remember that 'kmorgan' (metal-metropolis guy) mentioned that Equinox's 2nd album is the hardest to find in Norway ... that was a couple of years ago, when the last two Auf Wiedersehen CDs popped up on ebay for decent prices ($160 and $130) - and at least two copies of The Way to Go were sold for $200 then. And one copy of Xerox CD was sold for something like $15 then :D 2-3 years went by and suddenly Auf Wiedersehen is a $500 CD and Xerox a $100 CD :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:In addition to the spines being cut, aren't the booklets of the "new" copies only two pages instead of three? I've owned several of these as well, but never one with the full booklet.
Yes, there is a difference between the booklets. I have both a copy with a full back insert and one with a cut spine. The full one took me forever to find.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."