POSTAL DELAYS

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Package sent from US (Flushing, NY) to Finland 20th of January and I picked it up 28th from post office so it had been in country for a while already.
jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

I've been waiting on two cd's that were shipped on January 23rd from Lexington KY and were suppose to arrive on January 28th and still haven't arrived and I ordered them from the most popular online seller.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

jamsonic1 wrote:I've been waiting on two cd's that were shipped on January 23rd from Lexington KY and were suppose to arrive on January 28th and still haven't arrived and I ordered them from the most popular online seller.
USPS SUCKS.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

Tell me about it I heard from a guy that sent an item (don't know what it was) to a person and the person he sent it to didn't receive it till a year later, and one time I bought an item from a guy just one state away from me and it took two months for me to receive the item, and I worked at that online sellers place and I know one thing anything that is shipped USPS standard takes hella long for the person/customer to receive. I can also say how everything is done there cause it is just like USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. when sending something.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Today, the package sent to me on December 9th finally arrived. WooHoo!
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

you give me hopes! 8)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Me too! Still nothing at my end. Got the USPS tracking number which gave me the following information:
Label/Receipt Number: [snip]
Class: First-Class Mail International
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our JAMAICA, NY 11430 facility on December 22, 2010 at 7:30 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Processed through Sort Facility, December 22, 2010, 7:30 am, JAMAICA, NY 11430
Acceptance, December 21, 2010, 3:39 pm, NORTH DIGHTON, MA 02764
jamsonic1

Post by jamsonic1 »

Waiting since December that is way too long, now USPS actually hands the international items to other carriers so that may explain some of the problem another thing is the careless workers at these carriers they'll do stupid things and open the stuff and take it for themselves (unlike in the U.S. were no one is allowed to do this in other countries they don't care really), throw it in a trash compactor (I now that cause it happened where I worked), let it get lost in the sorting machine (that happens everyday), etc.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Finally got my item yesterday! Seller lied a bit, the item was handed in at USPS on December 21st, not December 15th.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

congrats!

Yes you can see it from the tracking : acceptance 21/12/2010...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Well, he first told me he handed it in on the 15th, and that it didn't get processed until the 21st. But when I examined the customs note on the envelope carefully he had clearly signed it with his name and had written the date as the 21st. :lol:
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I've got priority packages (the usual box which takes 2 or even 3 weeks) from the States which were sent the previous Friday (7 days). Back to normal? I hope so.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Seems so ... things have started to arrive quickly as before the friggin bomb packages ... good.
Buried By Time and Dust

Post by Buried By Time and Dust »

just received a cassette tape that was mailed from the UK on december 10, 2010.It was the bands only copy of it so it was great to see arrive.
0%cured

Post by 0%cured »

Buried By Time and Dust wrote:just received a cassette tape that was mailed from the UK on december 10, 2010.It was the bands only copy of it so it was great to see arrive.
If you don't mind me asking, which band are you talking about?