"complete" collections

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Keir

Post by Keir »

I tried to think of something to contribute to the M.B.T.Y.S/R.S.T.H.C.E.W.W.E.T. sub-theme, but all I could come up with was Witch. Even though I think they are pretty mediocre, I can’t say it was by accident that I collected all their works.

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Keir wrote:I tried to think of something to contribute to the M.B.T.Y.S/R.S.T.H.C.E.W.W.E.T. sub-theme, but all I could come up with was Witch. Even though I think they are pretty mediocre, I can’t say it was by accident that I collected all their works.

There's a discography CD out released on Old Metal.

You would need that to have a complete collection.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Complete (?) Baltic Metal collection:

Well, I think there's 1 or two mixed-comps-w/-1-HM/HR-track missing, and the first Gunnar Graps and PLACKARTAS aren't really Metal, but they do have one or 3 decent Heavy tunes. Close enough!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Complete (?) Baltic Metal collection:

Well, I think there's 1 or two mixed-comps-w/-1-HM/HR-track missing, and the first Gunnar Graps and PLACKARTAS aren't really Metal, but they do have one or 3 decent Heavy tunes. Close enough!
Allmost complete I'd say.There's just one obscure V/A mixed bag compilation released in 1987 on Melodya label(All lithuanian bands.One Hard Rock formation -MEDIUM).Also I think that your Olde Baltic Collection missing This LP from 1988 on Melodya(On my link theres just CD reissue.Also check out samples)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've only heard a few compilation tracks by LIVI and there they were basic melodic rock. I think I've seen this LP in a Stockholm store though so I'll check it out at next opportunity, cheers.

I also vaguely remember this mixed comp that was part of a Melodia Records series, with one Bay-Area style Thrash band on it. Forgot the names, but the song in question wasn't too special either. Would be cool to add to the compilopedia though...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Avenger wrote:There's a discography CD out released on Old Metal.

Damn it. Well, my vinyl collection is complete anyway.

Here’s a better example. My Show & Tell collection is “vinylly” complete and was certainly not intentional. The only thing I’m missing is the cassette version of the LP which has one bonus track which was not released on any of these LPs.

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Keir wrote:
Avenger wrote:There's a discography CD out released on Old Metal.

Damn it. Well, my vinyl collection is complete anyway.
Don't forget the Axe Killer pressing of The Hex Is On. Different cover art! :wink:

Anywhere I can download the Show & Tell LP? I luws "Computer Dates".
Keir

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:Don't forget the Axe Killer pressing of The Hex Is On. Different cover art! :wink:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. The Heavy Metal America cover is different too but I'm not into collecting cover variations.
DaN wrote:Anywhere I can download the Show & Tell LP? I luws "Computer Dates".
Someone posted it over at sleazeroxx, but are you sure you really want it? :lol:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/wforum/viewto ... =3&t=13563
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DaN wrote:I've only heard a few compilation tracks by LIVI and there they were basic melodic rock. I think I've seen this LP in a Stockholm store though so I'll check it out at next opportunity, cheers.
I used to share office with a Latvian woman who was the right age to have all the early Livi records (or so she claimed. About the records, not her age). She gave me tapes of a couple and none were really metallic or even much good. Not quite sure what the titles were though, but I think the s/t was one.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Keir

Post by Keir »

I know someone is going to point out that the early prog albums are a different band, or that I’m missing the Rescue LP so I’ll save you the trouble and just call this my complete Daniel Duvieusart collection.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Animated by Hans' great dutch metal onslaught:

METAL POWER I-V
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

so before palass became rescue,pallas already existed as a prog band?
and does anyone know if that WARWICK seveninch from holland really exists?
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Keir

Post by Keir »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:METAL POWER I-V
DROOOLLLL.....
MassOfKthulu wrote:so before palass became rescue,pallas already existed as a prog band?
My best guess is that the original Palass broke up some time after the LP came out in '81, then the singer (Daniel Duvieusart) decided to start a metal band using the same name. Then he left (or was kicked out) and took the name with him so the remaining band changed the name to Rescue got a new singer and rerecorded Queen Of The World. I haven't tried contacting anyone associated with the band to confirm that story though so it's just speculation.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Keir wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:METAL POWER I-V
DROOOLLLL.....
I thought these were posted by somebody else already. Either way, I'm too lazy to look back right now.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:Animated by Hans' great dutch metal onslaught:

METAL POWER I-V
*wanks*
I'm still missing #5 and I really need it, mainly for the exclusive PROUD EXISTANCE track - their MLP is one of Europe's most underrated!