"complete" collections

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Re: "complete" collections

Post by Avenger »

Prowler wrote:
DaN wrote:Finally I can boast about "The Complete SLAYERs Collection!"
slayers.jpg
Excuse my pedantism, :roll: , but Slayer had only a "Show no mercy" LP????
I thought the Texas Slayer had another album as well plus a Split Bootleg between both Slayer bands.
I'm pretty sure he's just displaying one record from each band sharing that same moniker...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

(doG I've missed some good ol' records boasting...)

Finally, the complete D&S Records compilations collection :D
ds-comps.jpg
ds-comps.jpg (111.09 KiB) Viewed 3773 times
Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
Image - Finally here!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

DaN wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm (doG I've missed some good ol' records boasting...)

Finally, the complete D&S Records compilations collection :D

ds-comps.jpg

Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
great photo, great comps. It sucks I'm missing one of the "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" lps...
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

Apologies for the quality...
Two versions of the 1st volume of "Best of..." LP, the known red and a more obscure variant, very dark red, almost black in colour
DaN wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm Apparently some copies of the C & D sides of "Best Of German Metal Newcomers" came with an inlay - anyone has it?
Nope, never seen it
Attachments
DS.jpg
DS.jpg (188.86 KiB) Viewed 3727 times
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Another "FINALLY!": All vinyls of one of the finest and most underrated Power Metal bands of the 80's:
alvacast.jpg
alvacast.jpg (163.57 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Ok, so the Argentinian version of "Inocente.." is missing, but there's a couple of other albums I don't have in any pressing I'd rather spend the +€100 on...
Image - Finally here!
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

congratulations! I am still looking for their 1st LP at a resonable price :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Out of all ridiculous, contrieved, quasi-hipster, bullshit things I've ever collected, this one takes the cake...
One day before Xmas the Malaysian/Singapore promo-vinyl HM compilations collection finally got complete:
malay-sing-comps.jpg
malay-sing-comps.jpg (70.02 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
In the pic are also a few splits, since they were sort of marketed as comps/samplers in these countries..

I am now Obscüre Metal God.
Image - Finally here!
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:09 pm Out of all ridiculous, contrieved, quasi-hipster, bullshit things I've ever collected, this one takes the cake...
One day before Xmas the Malaysian/Singapore promo-vinyl HM compilations collection finally got complete:

malay-sing-comps.jpg

In the pic are also a few splits, since they were sort of marketed as comps/samplers in these countries..

I am now Obscüre Metal God.
Wow man that's some really cool stuff. I haven't listened to much Malaysian metal, a friend of mine from Sweden has shown me some Malaysian metal before, but I haven't ventured out into myself. Compilations in general are something I need to dive more into as well, mostly because I find those types of things more fun to listen on physical media than a digital rip, and the record shops here in KY are shite. haha
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The thing I like most about comps is how at their best, you get raw demo-Metal in vinyl form, the finest moment of the early days of the bands - sometimes the only recorded material of a band. Since me & Keir started the 'Compilopedia' many years ago I've grown into a bit of a nut/completist when it comes to 80's Metal comps on LP. In the cathegory where you get at least 1 exclusive non-album track, I think I'm only missing little over a dozen world-wide, most of them from Argentina, Mexico and Japan...
Image - Finally here!
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

DaN wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:52 pm The thing I like most about comps is how at their best, you get raw demo-Metal in vinyl form, the finest moment of the early days of the bands - sometimes the only recorded material of a band. Since me & Keir started the 'Compilopedia' many years ago I've grown into a bit of a nut/completist when it comes to 80's Metal comps on LP. In the cathegory where you get at least 1 exclusive non-album track, I think I'm only missing little over a dozen world-wide, most of them from Argentina, Mexico and Japan...
Nice, I'll be sure to read the 'Compilopedia' and check some things out.