Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

last few months
(still using my metal as hell table cloth 8) )
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote:last few months
(still using my metal as hell table cloth 8) )
first Carbide is awesome,where did you get it from?
Never trust the Goblin King....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:
roihlem wrote:
mordred wrote:Tales of Medsa - Triumphant Serenade LP :D
how did you get this????

For me 4 days ago: Tales Of Medusa - Beyond Charonium
A guy over at Miskatonic forum sold his copy. It cost me 100 euros but I feel it's worth it since it might literally never pop up for sale again. Superb album in my opinion, my copy is #96/100.
100 Euros for something released less the 3 years ago?

And everyone wonders why the hype around this atrociously average band is so huge...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Avenger wrote:average band
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger wrote:
mordred wrote:
roihlem wrote:
how did you get this????

For me 4 days ago: Tales Of Medusa - Beyond Charonium
A guy over at Miskatonic forum sold his copy. It cost me 100 euros but I feel it's worth it since it might literally never pop up for sale again. Superb album in my opinion, my copy is #96/100.

And everyone wonders why the hype around this atrociously average band is so huge...
Year of release is completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is supply versus demand. The supply of 100 copies in existance is lower than for most famous North American private releases which makes it one of the rarest gems, and it's also one of the best.

Here's a piece of truth... If Triumphant Serenade had been released in 100 copies in 1987 and not 2007, EVERYBODY here would want it. Had it been a private 1990 cd release you would want it too. Lucky for me none of the above is the case. :)
Last edited by mordred on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

"Triumphant Serenade" is actually one of my favorite albums of the last five years or so. Pretty excellent suff. You can argue about the vocal style, but that is just a matter of taste, i think it fits the music pretty well. For 100€ i would have also not hesitated one second really. And if you don't like it anymore, you can sell it for twice that amount.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Some new released vinyl :

WITCHGRAVE - The Devils Night MLP
GHOST - Elisabeth 7"
CHRISTIAN MISTRESS - Mother of Mercy 7"

A bit old ones :

ATTACKER - Battle at Helm's Deep LP
POKOLGEP - Totalis Metal LP
OSSIAN - Acelsziv LP
NOVIY ZAVET - Exorcist LP
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:
Avenger wrote:
mordred wrote: A guy over at Miskatonic forum sold his copy. It cost me 100 euros but I feel it's worth it since it might literally never pop up for sale again. Superb album in my opinion, my copy is #96/100.

Year of release is completely irrelevant. The only thing that matters is supply versus demand. The supply of 100 copies in existance is lower than for most famous North American private releases which makes it one of the rarest gems, and it's also one of the best.

Here's a piece of truth... If Triumphant Serenade had been released in 100 copies in 1987 and not 2007, EVERYBODY here would want it. Had it been a private 1990 cd release you would want it too. Lucky for me none of the above is the case. :)
This band is so over-hyped that it's ridiculous.

You are right about the year of release, that was kind of irrelevant, but that aside, I personally only fork out money for stuff that I actually enjoy listening to and Tales Of Medusa is so average and bland that I can never justify the stupid prices any of they're purposely-released-in-micro-quantities-in-attempt-to-gain-cult-recignition albums are sold for.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
faster

Post by faster »

Finally

V/A - Väsby-78 LP
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Leather Wolf - S/T LP (one of 'em)
Requiem - The Story 1985 - '92 2CD
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mordred wrote: If Triumphant Serenade had been released in 100 copies in 1987 and not 2007, EVERYBODY here would want it.
I don't know about everybody else here, personally I am not after rare records anymore no matter how great they are. ToM album is not great by any means to these ears, I wouldn't spend more than 10 euros to obtain it if it was released in '87. It's OK that many people seem to be enjoying them, their attitude is so repellent to me that I cannot support them in no case. The second biggest problem is that their music is really nothing special.
I don't know if people have realised this, but we are keep discussing the same issues regarding this band for almost 3 years now, everything has been discussed to death and both sides (fans/friends - no fans/no firends) have had their say. There is really no point to keep commenting their distribution practices anymore, I doubt people will change their opinion about them.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
mordred wrote: If Triumphant Serenade had been released in 100 copies in 1987 and not 2007, EVERYBODY here would want it.
I don't know about everybody else here, personally I am not after rare records anymore no matter how great they are. ToM album is not great by any means to these ears, I wouldn't spend more than 10 euros to obtain it if it was released in '87. It's OK that many people seem to be enjoying them, their attitude is so repellent to me that I cannot support them in no case. The second biggest problem is that their music is really nothing special.
I don't know if people have realised this, but we are keep discussing the same issues regarding this band for almost 3 years now, everything has been discussed to death and both sides (fans/friends - no fans/no firends) have had their say. There is really no point to keep commenting their distribution practices anymore, I doubt people will change their opinion about them.
I agree.

I think that Tales Of Medusa has more to do with rarity then quality.

Either way, I think I'll just "booo" anyone that praises them for now on. :lol:
Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Chemical Alice 12"

A great, great record.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Mordred saying ToM is one of the best...well, thinking of some of the cool stuff he's put down I'm just going to have to completely ignore his opinion on anything from now on.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.