Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote:Re: SCRATCH- according to the Strappado blog, the single was released in 1500 copies, and a copy sold yesterday on a swedish auction site for $950. Guess we know where Patrik got his copy! :lol: j/k

Has anyone else heard that pressing size for this one? It seems much rarer (and more expensive) than other singles from that era pressed in 1000 copies. Were a bunch of unsold copies trashed? Did they all come with a pic sleeve? All the copies I've seen have been sleeved, but that accounts for maybe 6 copies, so the sample size is small
There was even an article in the local paper about it selling for that much (and yes, Patrik was the buyer). According to the band's manager, 1500 copies were printed, and all sold out.

I agree that the value is outrageous compared to the pressing size. Even though many copies were picked up by nwobhm-fanatics (or Swedish metal fanatics from Japan), I'm quite sure loads of copies still remain in attics, basements etc. in the general area. With 1500 copies sold, there has to be.

I have relatives who live close to the band's home town. Think I'll ask them to look around a bit for me. Although by now most local people who read the morning news will know what it's worth.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Interesting. For a press run of 1500 it definitely does not turn up as often as other singles pressed in a quantity of 1000. I know collectors scooped up copies long ago, but I have a hard time believing that a significant number are in collectors' hands, given the price it still demands and the number of want lists it still shows up on. Oh well. It'll be interesting to see if some more copies are 'discovered' in light of the local news coverage of the auction; if so it might help bring the price down some, at least for the time being.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Today I got:
Jumper Lace - Beyond the Romance CD
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

High Tension "Masters Of Madness" CD (Aurophon) sealed copy for 1 euro!
faster

Post by faster »

Metlamania ´87 - Destroyer / Hammer Split LP (Poland)
Lord - Szemedben A Csillagok LP (Hungary)
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

TOP ARDENNES vol II lp
CAPHARNAÜM 7"
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

msp

Post by msp »

Went to the London Record fair today. Usual mixed bag of stuff. Great if you are a Beatles & 60's music collector. Metal was thin on the ground. One stall had some okay stuff but they had ridiculous prices like £20 for Accept "Restless & Wild" Lp or £40 for "Under Jolly Roger" :? just stupid!

I still picked up a few bits though

Iron Maiden - Scream For Me Saint Etienne parts 1&2 pic lp's
Metallica - Le Zenith 2lp (Munich 21/10/1988)
Savatage - Gutter Ballet Lp
Savatage - Fight For the Rock pic disc

I go each time with the hope of finding a Masque or Wild Pussy but it seems clear this is unlikely to happen :(
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
anthares

Post by anthares »

KRAKEN - Todo hombre es una historia "7
GUARDIAN ANGEL - beyond the twilight "7
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Today arrived:
Pathos - Hoverface CD
Pathos - Uni Versus Universe CD

Both on Liphone Records.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

That Uni Versus is one of those I was searching for ages but when I bought it I felt quite disappointed. Very average comparing to Hoverface or Katharsis.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:That Uni Versus is one of those I was searching for ages but when I bought it I felt quite disappointed. Very average comparing to Hoverface or Katharsis.
Yeah, sadly it is a bit of a plunge :( Maybe this is why no label showed interest in releasing it outside Sweden.
faster

Post by faster »

Rotor - Semmi Nem Elég, LP (Hungary)
Tyazholyi Den (Hard Day Group) - Flight, LP (Russia)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Fortnox-Storm Inside My Head promo 7"

for just 2 bucks
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Some stuff that arrived last week but I was too lazy to pick it up until now:
Chernyj Kofe - Приди И Все Возьми [Pridi I Vse Voz'mi] CD,Bootleg
Joker - На Волю В Пампасы [Na Voliu V Pampasy] LP
Rotor - Árvaház CD
Statetrooper - She Got The Look 7"
The Big Bugs - Marry For The Money 7" (Melodic rock, didn't order this, it was a gift)