Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

hload wrote:i'm so happy to prove Spinoza right in the pre Kuntz days... :)
Sorry, but I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Please elaborate.
hload

Post by hload »

Khnud wrote:
hload wrote:i'm so happy to prove Spinoza right in the pre Kuntz days... :)
Sorry, but I haven't got the foggiest idea what you're talking about. Please elaborate.

i meant that i got most of my beloved stuff when kuntz wasn't around (i had the impression, although i read it some years ago, that spinoza kinda thought that the world is the best possible one. :D )
time to put side Bee of PW's bleeding.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

hload wrote: i meant that i got most of my beloved stuff when kuntz wasn't around
Good for you and i don't begrudge you for that at all, but what shall i do? Stop collecting only because most of the rarer / sought-after items sell for higher prices than they did twenty or ten years ago? It's not that i bid on every single metal record on the world wide web, alright? To suggest that this is the Kuntz-era, because somehow i single-handly boost all prices is nothing but ridiculously.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

hload wrote:(i had the impression, although i read it some years ago, that spinoza kinda thought that the world is the best possible one.
Ahh, I see! Well philosophy was never my strong side. I'm more into hard science.
TheGreatEscape

Not a lot of goodies this month ...

Post by TheGreatEscape »

August was more or less the time for holidays with the family (and friends), so not much diggin' ... but still got a nice item in my postbox this week:

And this is something you might have seen already, but anyway, THANX to AXE!

apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

I would kill for that Clear Master of Disquise LP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

awesome item! I'd also love to have a clear vinyl copy of MoD

Congrats!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
daniel

Post by daniel »

Maximum respect to rich metal heads buying boxes of rare records every month.

If I had that sort of money would I buy as much stuff? Probably, but I wouldn't post it on the net.

This 'Master of Disguise' cleap LP, luckily I don't care much for different pressings, when I see people in awe over it I just think, 'so what'.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

daniel wrote:If I had that sort of money would I buy as much stuff? Probably, but I wouldn't post it on the net.
*entire thread disappears in a puff of logic*
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
daniel

Post by daniel »

Hehe, what I mean is, that I have never had much money and even if I suddenly did and bought huge amounts of records constantly I'd still feel quite uneasy about 'showing off' to this extent. Does that make any sense to you?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

You could buy a whole collection in one take and that's about it,you're through with that :lol:
Never trust the Goblin King....
Sgt. Kuntz

Re: Not a lot of goodies this month ...

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

TheGreatEscape wrote:August was more or less the time for holidays with the family (and friends), so not much diggin' ... but still got a nice item in my postbox this week:

Simply amazing!! :o :o
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
faster

Post by faster »

Just found, Hiroshima - Soldier of the world 7" , at a local thrift shop during the lunch break.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

daniel wrote:Maximum respect to rich metal heads buying boxes of rare records every month.

If I had that sort of money would I buy as much stuff? Probably, but I wouldn't post it on the net.

This 'Master of Disguise' cleap LP, luckily I don't care much for different pressings, when I see people in awe over it I just think, 'so what'.
This forum is for collectors of rare records (and people like me who enjoy seeing these records - I'll probably never buy any of them but that doesn't affect my being impressed with the awesome collections here.....)
The Knell

Re: Not a lot of goodies this month ...

Post by The Knell »

TheGreatEscape wrote:August was more or less the time for holidays with the family (and friends), so not much diggin' ... but still got a nice item in my postbox this week:

And this is something you might have seen already, but anyway, THANX to AXE!

clear savage grace is a beauty. congrats

i too got the tales of medusa today