Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

which seller was that?
Never trust the Goblin King....
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Sgt- Glad I could help; official Popsike Overlord would be a pretty awesome job :lol: Congrats on getting a copy, it's an awesome EP and should be a Top Item even in your amazing collection

Daniel- I'm a scientist by day, so precision comes with the territory :) Telling your students, "oh, just take one of those chemicals and add some of it to that other stuff" doesn't work out very well, unless you enjoy using a fire extinguisher on a regular basis :lol:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

That's actually quite interesting - being a biologist originally, I tend to have the same scientific approach to record collecting.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:That's actually quite interesting - being a biologist originally, I tend to have the same scientific approach to record collecting.
Us science nerds always have the most organized record collections! :lol: Most folks just wonder what the average price for a rare record is; I start trying to calculate a standard deviation.... until I remember that the sample size is usually too small for a meaningful statistical analysis :oops:

Nothing ruins an awesome rare record faster than turning it into a math problem! :D
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Is it possible to run ANOVA tests on record prices to see significant fluctuations based on whether or not "private" occurs in the object title? It's been at least 6 years since I used SPSS, so my know-how in statistics is quite obsolete.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Khnud wrote:Is it possible to run ANOVA tests on record prices to see significant fluctuations based on whether or not "private" occurs in the object title? It's been at least 6 years since I used SPSS, so my know-how in statistics is quite obsolete.
In theory it's possible. I haven't used SPSS in ages so I'm also outdated regarding the current stats packages out there.

Results might be hard to interpret unless you enter data for all other variables like item condition, shipping cost and location, seller feedback, etc that affect the price. And of course you'd need a private album that shows up frequently enough to give you a statistically significant sample size. Not to mention you need those copies sold in a relatively short time period to factor out a price shift over time. And if you have a decent number of copies sold in a short timeframe, well, there may not be much price fluctuation to start with as folks will figure out what a reasonable price is pretty quick :)

I suspect you would find a difference simply b/c people can search by "private metal" and find items they would otherwise miss. THis means you get more views, which translates into more bidders and thus a potentially higher sale price.
-Becky
Desolator

Post by Desolator »

Here are the latest:

Nokemono - From The Black World
Gastunk - Deadsong
Gastunk - The Vanishing Signs
Gastunk - Mr. Gauzime 7"
Dum Dum Bullet - s/t
Cruel Force - The Rise Of Satanic Might
Razor - Executioner's Song
GJ

Post by GJ »

Found the second Internal Void album (Unearthed) at a local record fair this weekend... Oh, and a pretty good semi-metallic late eighties LP from the UK which I hadn't heard before: Full Moon - S/T
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

GJ wrote:Found the second Internal Void album (Unearthed) at a local record fair this weekend... Oh, and a pretty good semi-metallic late eighties LP from the UK which I hadn't heard before: Full Moon - S/T
Yeah, FULL MOON are quite cool, semi-metallic is the right description maybe. Though i think two of their best songs come from the first single, no kiddin'. "Nemesis" totally slays, über-epic metal to the core.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Full Moon s/t LP is one of my favorites! Dreamy/Psych 70ies Hard/Heavy! But from 1989!! The 7" is also very very good yes.
I also have a copy of their 1985 full length demo which has a female singer. Cool stuff!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Also won a few cool auctions

Skullcrusher/Second Hell original
Nuclear Assault Game Over glow in the dark
Bellzlleb II CD (thanks to peterott)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The Knell wrote: I also have a copy of their 1985 full length demo which has a female singer. Cool stuff!
:o how is that ?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Helstar wrote:
The Knell wrote: I also have a copy of their 1985 full length demo which has a female singer. Cool stuff!

also has a lyricsheet

i'd like to rip but i still have troubles...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Helstar wrote:

also has a lyricsheet

roihlem

Post by roihlem »

The Knell wrote:
Helstar wrote:

also has a lyricsheet

cover looks very interesting. I am really interested in hearing it. Hope you`ll have your troubles fixed soon :wink: